3v3[Rematch in progress]

Post here to meet players for MP games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderator: Vic

jreid

RE: 3v3[In progress...]

Post by jreid »

Turn 5 complete. Turn to Webizen.

Shadehawk

Post by Shadehawk »

Turn 5 complete. Jeff is up first for turn 6.

SH
jreid

Post by jreid »

Turn 6 to Web.
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Lots of bloody noses all around... attack! counter-attack! The French and Arabs taking a pounding. Hmmm, the French may have over committed to attacking me. My forces are stiffening their resistance and gathering offensive power. The Chinese have gathered their OMGs but what awaits them??? Good game!
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Meanfcker

Post by Meanfcker »

We Arabs are like Brad Pitt in "Snatch", just letting the other team hit me a few times to get my blood boiling, I will hit back soon enough. There are some damn fine battles raging across our poor scorched earth. Much harder fighting than the last game.
Meanie
all5n

Post by all5n »

So far, the offensives have been as expected - around the cut-off areas in the map. It still puzzles me why we would handicap ourselves with those.
jreid

Post by jreid »

I generated about 10 maps before this one. All the rest were even worse and I guess I just got tired of generating the maps.

But yeah, the cutoff portions suck and it would be better not to have them. It's pretty much a guaranteed loss of cities and resources. Production from a few cities can't compete against a whole country's (or mulitple countries') production.

Or if they are going to exist, each side should have them.

But the best way next time could be for the map maker to just keep generating until there are no cutoff areas. Maybe a map pops up eventually like that.

jreid

Post by jreid »

ORIGINAL: Meanfcker
We Arabs are like Brad Pitt in "Snatch", just letting the other team hit me a few times to get my blood boiling, I will hit back soon enough. There are some damn fine battles raging across our poor scorched earth. Much harder fighting than the last game.
Meanie

Uh oh, I'm guessing this is something coming towards me [:)]

It still bums me out every time a damn Light Tank takes out one of my Mediums.

And I lose a Light Tank to a damn SMG. Argh! [:)]

But I've caused some damage too.

Or is it going to be against Web or All5n?

Meanfcker

Post by Meanfcker »

Don't worry, there are lots of hits to go around, you will all get a couple. :-)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

The Mean Team isn't the only team with the combat power to administer hurt on their opponents. There is some more hurt coming the Mean Team way... some that may be surprising. ATG, what a game!
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
all5n

Post by all5n »

For the latest game i just generated, i had to create about 25 maps before i had one that did not have any cutoff areas. And even that was after the team alliances were formed.

ORIGINAL: jreid

I generated about 10 maps before this one. All the rest were even worse and I guess I just got tired of generating the maps.

But yeah, the cutoff portions suck and it would be better not to have them. It's pretty much a guaranteed loss of cities and resources. Production from a few cities can't compete against a whole country's (or mulitple countries') production.

Or if they are going to exist, each side should have them.

But the best way next time could be for the map maker to just keep generating until there are no cutoff areas. Maybe a map pops up eventually like that.

Meanfcker

Post by Meanfcker »

I must say, you gentlemen seem to be much better organized this time around. A much better fight all the way round. The islolated pockets really do suck. Not only are we able to take advantage of the isolated pockets, but the mirrorish ticky box that Jreid used when setting up means that we get to do it to two of you. Nice. I'll buy you a beer if we meet Jeff. :-)
Meanie.
all5n

Post by all5n »

I have found that its easier just to fix those things using the map editor. I generated around 40 maps for a new game last night before i gave up, found one that looked interesting, and figured out how to use the map editor. No cutoff areas, no more excuses.
jreid

Post by jreid »

Yeah, using the map editor to add the necessary roads to link up the cutoff areas is the way to go.

I've never used the editor, so I never thought of it, but definately the way to go going forward.
Meanfcker

Post by Meanfcker »

I just started a thread on this in the support section.
You gentlemen might wish to express your concerns to Vic there as I have done.
Perhaps if enough of us ask, he will address this issue.
Meanie.
Meanfcker

Post by Meanfcker »

I have identified 11 different assault groups on my boders! I feel very popular.
I hope you guys are enjoying the guerillas.
Meanfcker.
all5n

Post by all5n »

Those guerillas are effing nasty and very difficult to kill. Normal infantry don't really stand a chance without at least a 3 hex side assault and some mortar or cav support. Armored cars do the trick but suck up the oil.

You did have to spend quite a bit of PP to get Guerilla III at the expense of quite a bit of production. Do you think you could have avoided having your country cut in half had you not spent all those PPs on that upgrade?

This style of play favors the Arabs(Guerilla), French(cheap fortification), and possibly Anglo(Rangers). Doesn't make up for good planning/coordination by any stretch.

Fun game.
Meanfcker

Post by Meanfcker »

You did have to spend quite a bit of PP to get Guerilla III at the expense of quite a bit of production. Do you think you could have avoided having your country cut in half had you not spent all those PPs on that upgrade?

On turn one, I guessed, quite correctly as it turned out, that you guys would jump on me and put extra effort toward denying me access to my resources.
I thought that there was no point in building factories with no raw and then handing them over to you, so this seemed like a good idea at the time. (still does)
Probably nothing could have stopped a resolute coorindated attack from cutting my country in half, the same as almost nothing could have helped you last game.
Sometimes you get a shtty deal, and you just play the cards you're dealt.
Karma dictated that if I was to be put in the path of a mugging, then I should get an Arab nation and get to act like my frog and "Never give up"
:-)
Meanfcker.
Meanfcker

Post by Meanfcker »

I have a 2v2 that makes it around every two days or so and it came in first. I will finish my turn for this one by Wednesday nightish... or Thursday at the latest.
There are always thousands of things that need doing in one of these turns, they take a while.
I am sure you can all relate.
Meanie.
Meanfcker

Post by Meanfcker »

I apologize for the delay. I worked 65 hours this week and only took 5 hours off this morning to catch up on my team games.[>:] I actually had the turn done two days ago but I needed to go over everything to keep the team working together. I should have a lighter load next week, I hope.
Nice pressure, but I am like my frog!
Fun game, a much tougher fight this time.

Return to “Opponents Wanted”