Enemy forces in the select screen

Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog is the first new release (not a re-make of a previous games) in years in the critically acclaimed Close Combat series. It details the desperate German counter-attack at Mortain, the last chance of the Wehrmacht to stave off defeat in Normandy. Can you match the tenacity of the American defenders of Hill 314? Or can you succeed where the Panzers failed, driving through to the sea and changing history? Improved 32-bit graphics and the ability to control more squads than ever bring the Close Combat engine to a new level.
killkess

Enemy forces in the select screen

Post by killkess »

One thing i never understood from the earliest Close Combat times: Why is it possible to A)see the enemy disposition in the force select screen and why is it allowed to B)Change the enemy forces?
Tejszd

RE: Enemy forces in the select screen

Post by Tejszd »

You are corrct that you can only look and edit the AI forces when playing single player. Its available so that if you want a specific match up of forces or to help the AI select the best forces for the map/situation.... If you feel it is an advantage or cheating do not look and or edit the AI...
killkess

Post by killkess »

The problem is that the AI cant handle force selection properly. Does it even alter the forces on different terrains at all?

Knowing the exact enemy force when even looking at the campaign map is some form of emersion killer. One can alwaysperfectly match the AIs forces or i have to close my eyes when doing the map turns.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

This feature was continued in Panthers in the Fog at the near-unanimous request of the beta testers. There's no reason to look at or edit the enemy force, if you don't want to, so it's not really taking anything away from a player who doesn't want to know.  It's just there for those players who wish to make use of it.

CSO_Talorgan

Post by CSO_Talorgan »

ORIGINAL: killkess

Why is it possible to A)see the enemy disposition in the force select screen and why is it allowed to B)Change the enemy forces?

These features are *very* useful when modding. Nobody forces you to use them when playing.
Jagdhund

Post by Jagdhund »

I like to have a challenge so I almost always help the computer select a viable force, make sure it as AT squads of I have tanks etc.  I also make sure squads are full str etc.  It make look like cheating but if you realy help the other side choose better units, the fights are more than a slaughter.

-Jag

Return to “Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog”