Distant Worlds Extended Universe 1.0.3 released 40 races

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Bingeling

RE: Distant Worlds Extended 2.0.1 released 38 races

Post by Bingeling »

Oh well. It is a core game fix, then. It is mostly a problem when making galaxy screenshots for the forum, and I can live with that :) Almost...

moonraker65

Post by moonraker65 »

Stirling work as usual Haree 78 [&o]. Have had no issues at all with this mod since installing.
intel i9 13900k 128 GB RAM, RTX 4070 ti GFx card
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

Is there something weird with the spaceport designs of the Riktoh? I have seen two that report size but no components. It could be that they are under construction, but lack resources badly, though.
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

I think the spaceports just had the "no resources" issue. That being said, I think the spaceport graphics of the Riktoh breaks pretty badly with how the rest of the ship sets look. I guess there may be a limited choice, though.
Haree78

Post by Haree78 »

Thanks moonraker, glad to see you are still enjoying the mod :)

@Bingeling They do look somewhat different in style but in a way I prefer the ships/bases to be more distinct, they are completely different species after all and they should probably look alien to each other ;)
And yes I have more or less got no more ship sets to use. I resorted to begging before the last version to find new sets for the ideas I had. I wanted to keep very identifiable ships out, although I'm sure many of you will recognise some of them. I wouldn't want one of the new races flying the Enterprise or Galactica for example :)
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

Different shapes and forms are of course what we want. What struck me about the spaceports, was that they were a different art style. And no, the enterprise set would not be better.
Mmatt

RE: Distant Worlds Extended 2.0.2 released 38 races

Post by Mmatt »

Hi! First off, great looking mod. I like how these races can add a whole new way of playing the game. I was wondering though if there is a specific order when downloading this mod. Which one should I download first? Also, is it compatible with other race mods? Thanks!
TheGrouch91

Post by TheGrouch91 »

Id like to try the mod but i get exactly the same error messages that someone else posted before. Theres more bias values than races in line 12 in the bias.txt. I tried redownloading, i checked the text and compared it with the original one but couldnt find anything wrong. Your 2 posts here regarding the problem dont really help cause the guy who had the same bug just said THAT he found a solution but not WHAT exactly the solution is. Your idea with commas at the end of a line doesnt make sense to me cause i cant see any commas at the end of the lines.

I can post the whole error message if needed but its basically exactly the same like the guy posted.
TheGrouch91

Post by TheGrouch91 »

So... i tried a different mod which also adds new factions and i get exactly the same error message there. So i guess something is wrong with my game rather than with the mod. Any idea what this could be?
Haree78

Post by Haree78 »

Make sure your game is at 1.7.0.17.

The previous poster had an issue because he modified the theme himself and broke the bias file.
TheGrouch91

Post by TheGrouch91 »

Thanks for the quick response. I found out what the problem is and i almost cant tell you cause its pretty embarassing but anyway. Didnt play the game for at least a year and didnt realize that there is a 2nd add on. Thought all the new stuff with characters and whatnot was added with a patch. Man i shouldnt try to install mods when im tired as hell...

I'll let you know when it works.
TheGrouch91

Post by TheGrouch91 »

Alright ive got Legends now and patched it and it seems to work just fine now. :)
But the latest version i could find was 1.7.0.16. Is that just a typo of yours or did i miss something (again)?
Haree78

Post by Haree78 »

Check the main forums for Distant Worlds. You need to go to the members section of the Matrix Games site and register your copy of Legends to get 1.7.0.17.
TheGrouch91

Post by TheGrouch91 »

Ah thanks again. But is it necessary to use a beta version? Its super complicated to get it when you dont know how.
d.erlemeyer@gmx.de

Post by d.erlemeyer@gmx.de »

There's a thread in the main forum with a link right at the top. Wouldn't really call that complicated, hehe.

Anyways, thanks for this mod. Good to come back after a year and see so much new good stuff around. [:)]
Fishers of Men

Post by Fishers of Men »

I love this extended Mod, Haree78! I played with your earlier version and have installed your 2.0.2 version. Each new game is much more unique with many racial combinations. I noticed you changed some of the alien portraits, which I approved of. I have customized many of the portraits from the cartoon type to the more photographic kind. It increases the illusion of realism. I hope there will be no trouble incorporating your Mod with the Shadows expansion. Thanks, again!
Old............but very fast
Haree78

Post by Haree78 »

Thanks Fisher, glad you are enjoying it :)
I can't play without it these days, love the variety in my games.

I have another small project I am working on but don't worry Distant Worlds Extended has a current Shadows version which you will see on the release of the expansion probably with some nice new features ;)
StarLab

Post by StarLab »

Haree... Das has started a new Let's Play on Youtube and he's featuring your mod. [8D]

I use this mod exclusively now. Thanks for such a great piece of work. Glad to hear it will be available for Shadows as well. Made my day! [:)]
Haree78

Post by Haree78 »

That's awesome, I wondered why the number of downloads went up a lot lately :)
I'll be following this! Thanks for letting me know.
fierceking

Post by fierceking »

Thanx for you mod. It has made my game a lot more interesting having all 38 races in a massive map.

Return to “Design and Modding”