Matrix Games and WarfareSims Team Up for Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations

Gamers can find out here about the latest happenings from Matrix and its partners.

Moderator: MOD_PressReleases

Scott Parrino

Matrix Games and WarfareSims Team Up for Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations

Post by Scott Parrino »

Super realistic air and naval warfare simulation/strategy game in the works!

We are excited to announce a partnership with WarfareSims (www.warfaresims.com) to bring the air and naval warfare simulation and strategy game Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations to customers in the near future!

Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations features a very realistic modeling of air and naval warfare strategy where players take command of modern military operations from post-WW2 all the way to the near future, primarily in a tactical or operational scale. While still in development, Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations aims to set a new benchmark for depth and realism in modern air and naval wargames, with detailed modeling of aircraft, surface ships, and submarines, along with multiple historic and hypothetical conflicts, complete with an integrated scenario editor.

JD McNeil, Chairman of Slitherine had this to say: “We are very thrilled to be working with WarfareSims to bring our customers this new and outstanding air and naval warfare simulation. We think this title is a great fit for our audience and look forward to a very productive and beneficial relationship with WarfareSims.”

Dimitris Dranidis, General Director and Software Architect at WarfareSims, commented: "This is a huge step forward for the air/naval wargaming community. Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations is going to dominate the genre and we are proud to cooperate with a dependable publisher like Matrix/Slitherine on this endeavor."

Michael Mykytyn, WarfareSims' Director of QA had this to say: "We are very happy to have signed with Slitherine/Matrix and we look forward to producing an amazing gaming experience with computer wargaming's premier publisher. We cannot wait to kick off the final beta for the first release!"
Scott Parrino
Public Relations Manager
Slitherine/Matrix Games
Follow us on Twitter and on Facebook!
wodin

RE: Matrix Games and WarfareSims Team Up for Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations

Post by wodin »

Great signing..I guessed over on their forums that you'd signed them. Quick question what price range are you intending to sell it..is it going to be on the higher side like GGWITE or at the lower end of the scale..I'm sure they said it wasn't going to be uber expensive at one point and come in at a good price range.

This game does look like the ultimate sim land\sea warfare..and has land warfare aswell but slightly more abstracted..Lots of Falkland scenarios I believe.
Erik Rutins

RE: Matrix Games and WarfareSims Team Up for Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations

Post by Erik Rutins »

Sorry, but we still haven't decided on pricing - we'll be announcing that much closer to release.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
wodin

Post by wodin »

OK Eric..I'm sure it's worth the higher price scale but I'm not sure I could pay that on a game that isn't normally my type. I certainly would pick it up though for anything upto $49.99.
MaB1708

Post by MaB1708 »

Ah, a devoted publisher teaming with the extraordinary gentlemen behind COMMAND. What I had expected - and hoped for - is now official and releasing a new milestone in naval ops simulation with a publisher with a fantastic track record of customer service, responsiveness and - mainly - only outstanding software in their portfolio - is it christmas already? Almost. Thank you for the news.

Martin
Major SNAFU_M

Post by Major SNAFU_M »

I am looking forward to this!

"Popular Opinion? What I suggest you do with 'Popular Opinion' is biologically impossible and morally questionable." -

"One ping to find them all,
One ping to link them;
One ping to promote them all,
and in the darkness sink them"
Grimnirsson

Post by Grimnirsson »

Make sure a demo is available...no demo, no buy

Return to “Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix”