Mortar Chit Graphic Different?

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

IronFist00

Mortar Chit Graphic Different?

Post by IronFist00 »

I noticed the 81mm German Mortar chit doesn't show the indirect fire cost as per the boardgame chit.

Here's the one from Firefight #3:

Attachments
COH_Screenshot_003.jpg
COH_Screenshot_003.jpg (309.77 KiB) Viewed 75 times
IronFist00

RE: Mortar Chit Graphic Different?

Post by IronFist00 »

Here's the boardgame chit:

Attachments
Mortar8cm.jpg
Mortar8cm.jpg (14.87 KiB) Viewed 76 times
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Or the minimum range.

The UI has the cost correct.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

Adding the numbers to chits dynamically was something we did after release, and that had already gone way over schedule and budget, so we cut the variable range and indirect fire costs from the to-do list. (Displaying the numbers on the chit requires quite a bit more work than one might imagine.) Maybe if we get enough Christmas sales that I don't have to worry about things like schedules and budgets we can add these in another major update.
IronFist00

Post by IronFist00 »

Thanks for the reply Eric. The chits and new hi-res maps look fantastic so thanks for whomever participated in the effort. It really does make one feel like they are playing over a board on a table (if zoomed out enough [:)]).

In my day job I'm a coder, Tester, and Release Manager for a telecommunications company so I can just imagine what the schedule must have been like doing all this stuff post-release. Excellent job and I hope WCS does well this Holiday season along with Storms of Steel (I'm already a definite buyer as well as my gaming friend).

Good luck.

Return to “Tech Support”