Handydan - Probably another failure with CP

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderator: MOD_Commander_The_Great_War

handydan

Handydan - Probably another failure with CP

Post by handydan »

I have thought about making an AAR for some time. The game is quite balanced, and I struggle even on balanced.

Most my games start well. Have managed to take down Serbia pretty fast by cutting the supplies to the rugged defence lines. Western Front usually halts somewhere in the east of Paris, to get pushed back when other allies join. My eastern front usually holds up a while, but when the horde unleashes it crumbles like paper.

When i now make an AAR, or rather a During Action Review, i will use more time planning on strategic level so that I can manage to get that Western front down. I will write up my plans today, and start playing tomorrow.

Please do comment my moves harshly !

It is only the dead who have seen the end of war.
handydan

RE: Handydan - Probably another failure with CP

Post by handydan »

Turn 0 - The Serbian plan.

Phase 1:
My approach is to harass the established front line forcing the Serbian Forces to uphold their already entrenched infantry at their positions. I need to start producing some infantry for the flank move as it is crucial to keep the momentum. As they reach about half way in behind their lines passing Belgrade Garrison forces from Cattaro will push eastward. Linking up and with the supply lines cut, the Serb forces will surrender.

Phase 2:
Linking up in the middle, the plan is to continue down surrounding Skopje to kill production and supplies.

Turn 0 - The North line

As I attempt to reach Skopje as fast as possible I will have less focus on the northern line. I will probably attempt to have a line consisting of 1 or 2 Infantry units supported by some Garrisons. They will delay the enemy south towards the hills of Prezemysl. If they continue to push, a second delay will be initiated to stretch the Russian line so a possible flanking counter attack from the west supported by German forces can be attempted

Gilmer

Post by Gilmer »

Good luck!
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
handydan

Post by handydan »

Turn 1 - Austria against Serbia.

Researching: Industrial Warfare.
Production:: 1x Inf 1x Gar

The usual opening killing off the garrison unit, and moving in garrisons.

handydan

Post by handydan »

Turn 2 - Started harassing the main Serb line. Moving one of the infantry units to the east, while the other two starts to attack the main line.

AH Production: 1 x Gar , 1 x Inf with 6 remaining points for reinforcements next turn.

Garrison units should function as line fill when I try to close the flank.

Also planning producing an artillery unit soon.

handydan

Post by handydan »

Turn 3 - German Plan

The Western Line

I'm going to go harder than I normally go on the western front. My goal is to take Paris as fast as possible. It's important to keep the momentum and reach the goal before the nations allied to France reinforce the line. My plan is to go quality over quantity so that my momentum is fast. I'm going past Antwerp focusing on Liege, Brussels and Calais. My reinforcements will occupy Antwerp later.

The Eastern Front

As my focus will be on the western front. I will probably struggle here. The main effort should be on keeping Koeningsberg - Danzig, and then Pozen- Breslau. If possible give the Russians the possibility to breach south of Breslau between AH and GE area.

So in short, reinforce Danzig - Koenigsberg with some infantry, use Garrison to fill the line. React to breaches when they come.

Return to “After Action Reports”