Sidebar issue

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

blackcloud6

Sidebar issue

Post by blackcloud6 »

I just got CO: BftB this week. I installed the latest update. Today I am going through the tutorials and I noticed when I bring up the breifing tab the right most three or four letter of the words cannot be read as they run into the map. Some of the other tabs have this issue to. I also not that some text from the breifing tab stays visible underneath the new windows of the new tab slected. I don't know if it will affect game play. I read the other two recent threads on this problem and I tried changing the Internet Explorer settings as suggested. I made sure the font was set to 96 DPI with the XP setting off and made sute the game manual abobe settings were as suggested. None of this worked. I tried all the avaialbe resolution settings, and I tried different Windows themes, none of this solves it.

I am runing Windows Vista Home Premium on the HP Pavalion 9000. It has a Nvidia onboard card.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in adavnce.
altipueri

RE: Sidebar issue

Post by altipueri »

I just got the game today - and I have the same issue. Text runs off the sidebar.

I've tried installing on a Windows 7 Acer laptop; and a HP Windows 8 laptop; using HP 2311x external monitor. Same on both.

Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

Have you ensured that the text font size for your system is set to 100%. On a Win 7 system that means choosing the "Smallest" setting from the Display control Panel.

Attachments
TextFontSize.jpg
TextFontSize.jpg (90.89 KiB) Viewed 449 times
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
blackcloud6

Post by blackcloud6 »

ORIGINAL: Arjuna

Have you ensured that the text font size for your system is set to 100%. On a Win 7 system that means choosing the "Smallest" setting from the Display control Panel.

Yes, I have done this on my Vista machine. It did not fix it.
altipueri

Post by altipueri »

It worked for me thanks.
wmsey45

Post by wmsey45 »

Will there be an official fix to this issue? I have tried every fix/suggestion on all the different threads addressing this issue and no luck. My system's specs have already addressed by others (windows 7, Nvidia card etc., all the latest drivers)
wmsey45

Post by wmsey45 »

Shall I assume that the lack of response is a NO? A reply to the negative would have worked as well.
mantrain

Post by mantrain »

Apparently they don't give a damn that we paid good money for a game and it is defective. I even updated to latest version and no fix. I will never buy from Matirx Games again.
swkuh

Post by swkuh »

Using Acer w/Win7 and have set up w/100% as font size. Some text still doesn't fit, but its a trivial issue. The game plays just fine and there are no significant user issues for me. Consider the game cost to be minor compared to value of product.

Bye-bye mantrain... tanker1977, close the door behind you if you wish.

Build a better product/game for the Ardennes campaign w/continuous play, prove it, and I'll buy it from you @ dollar less than current price of BftB.
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

That they couldn't care less couldn't be further from the truth. Service in here is unparelled. Might take a bit longer to get a response than for a blockbuster game, though. Small teams, both at Matrix and at Panther. Small and dedicated though. The game itself is superb, and still developing. If you're patient I'm sure you will grow to love it, and find Panther's attitude second to none. Honest.
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

ORIGINAL: tanker1977

Will there be an official fix to this issue? I have tried every fix/suggestion on all the different threads addressing this issue and no luck. My system's specs have already addressed by others (windows 7, Nvidia card etc., all the latest drivers)
Send me a DxDiag report ( see how here: tm.asp?m=3026705 ) and I'll see if we have something similar here to see if we can recreate the problem. BTW AFAIK we have solved this issue for every customer who has raised it here.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
wmsey45

Post by wmsey45 »

Attached,

Thanks,

Bill
Attachments
DxDiag8mar13.txt
(24.94 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

Bill, got your DX Diag report thank you. Looks OK at first pass but I'll look into this again on Tuesday (its a long weekend here). I want to do some research on the DPI Scaling which is disabled on your machine. I'll be back.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

Return to “Tech Support”