Good God!

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

rodney727

RE: Good God!

Post by rodney727 »

The world is a mess-
"me"
P.S. please lock this thread....
"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
Pipewrench

Post by Pipewrench »

ORIGINAL: JW

488 murders in Chicago alone this year. Virtually ignored by the media. Similar numbers in other big cities.

The school shooting is a great tragedy. But we have daily tragedy in our big cities, usually involving young people, and the media ignores it.

Totally agree with you. It is a very sad problem that is constantly pushed under the rug.
“We are limited only by our imagination and our will to act.”
– Ron Garan
Jeffrey H.

Post by Jeffrey H. »

So sad and sorry for those parents whose children have been murdered. Nothing can ever be said or done about it to make it any better. I wish I had been there somehow and been able to try to stop things somehow. Or at least to have saved a few lives somehow.

History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson
Perturabo

Post by Perturabo »

Banning guns would be pretty bad because police can almost never arrive on time to stop the crime and policemen are much more likely to kill random innocent people during intervention.

The main reason mass shooting happen is that the perpetrators are ready to end their lives. I don't think lack of coverage would help because I don't think the perpetrators are motivated by wanting to be famous. And the main reason why they are mass killings is that schools don't provide proper protection to kids (armed teachers for example).
ORIGINAL: Rtwfreak

3000 people were killed Sept 11th 2001 and not a single shot was fired. So when are we going to regulate personal flying of planes? All this is silliness about gun control. Guns don't kill people, people who use them do. Fix the people and the guns will take care of themselves. Stop making first person shooters video games and showing these kids as they grow up how to do it and making them indifferent and insensitive to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Make more wargames with hexes and they won't be able to relate that kind of interaction with life.
Not really. Military history teaches one to look at life from perspective of a military conflicts. Wargames teach one that individual life is worthless and is to be a sacrificed in such a conflict.

See what I did there?
Josh

Post by Josh »

Well no matter what every time it happens it's a shock and every time a tragedy. Every time it's in the news I think to myself "is it ever gonna stop?" Probably not.

(Personally I feel a bit uneasy with weapons around but that's my cultural background, not used seeing them in public places see?. I'm not pro or con)
LarryP

Post by LarryP »

t001001001

Post by t001001001 »

P.S. please lock this thread....

"please lock this thread. Now that I've had my say nothing else needs to be said
so please lock down any responses."

[8|]

Good call. Any other edicts?

I think all threads here should be closed. Or perhaps you should be consulted, if it meets your approval. Whoever the ... you think you are.

Dumbass [8|]
Perturabo

Post by Perturabo »

ORIGINAL: LarryP

What really kills.
It's sad that so many people can't into responsible use of alcohol or quitting using alcohol if they can't use it responsibly.
One think that annoys me is that it's really hard to get people to meet sober nowadays. It's like people in my age meet only to drink together.
SLAAKMAN

Post by SLAAKMAN »

YOU TELL 'EM MISTACHICKEN!! U TELL 'EM! DONT TAKE THAT FRIED EGG LAYING DOWN! IF THEY DONT COOK IT SCRAMBLED THEN SEND IT BACK!! [:-]
Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill
t001001001

Post by t001001001 »

If my neighbor drinks too much it doesn't matter to me.

What matters is the gobmint now looking at my 401, w/ ignorant and envious eyes. They're kicking their feet around looking at such a pretty girl

STOP DOING THAT!

They'll kick a few stones about, trying to look so cute while they're doing it. Bottom line: money!@!11

The gobmint is going to take my 401k. Money I've set aside will be stolen it's simple. So much money unused is unacceptable, so much wealth gobmint eyes bleed looking at it. They wants it.

They're going to have to do it overnight. Everyone w/ a stem will protect what they earned..

It's going to be done. A federal gobmint preaching relief to the "middle class" will suck every penny.

"YOU DIDN'T BUILT THAT!!!1111"

oh my gods [8|]

SLAAKMAN

Post by SLAAKMAN »

BETTER YET MISTACHICKEN, MAKE THAT AN OMLETTE & DONT HOLD BACK ON THE ONIONS!!
Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill
t001001001

Post by t001001001 »

These guys who produce Matrix Games. They didn't build that!

Oh my gods [8|]

I think they run a company and I doubt they're rich.

I'm so fckng tired of this class-warefare crap [8|]

4 more years of it.

Oh my gods [8|]

"YOU DIN'T BUILD THAT!!!111"

[8|]

4 more years of this crap.

Zap

Post by Zap »

ORIGINAL: JW

488 murders in Chicago alone this year. Virtually ignored by the media. Similar numbers in other big cities.

The school shooting is a great tragedy. But we have daily tragedy in our big cities, usually involving young people, and the media ignores it.

Its not talked about because its Obamas's home and the democrats run things there. The media and the Dems are buddies so its politically expidient
SLAAKMAN

Post by SLAAKMAN »

EVEN GREATER WORDS OF WISDOM FROM THE MAN OF CLUCK. LET US REJOICE WITH POMP & CIRCUMSTANCE!

DANCE MISTACHICKEN, DANCE!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcoqeNdMAfA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkXx1_jrc-A
— Winston Churchill
Wargamer74

Post by Wargamer74 »

The problem is not guns but a moral crisis in this country. We are raising up a generation of psychopaths who feel entitled and have no empathy for anyone else.
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."- Ben Franklin
Lucian

Post by Lucian »

"please lock this thread. Now that I've had my say nothing else needs to be said
so please lock down any responses."

Good call. Any other edicts?

I think all threads here should be closed. Or perhaps you should be consulted, if it meets your approval. Whoever the ... you think you are.

Dumbass

Credit where credit is due, that was pretty cool.
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

ORIGINAL: Scott900091

The problem is not guns but a moral crisis in this country. We are raising up a generation of psychopaths who feel entitled and have no empathy for anyone else.
Wrong,Charles Whitman killed 13 people from a bell tower in Texas in 1966.James Huberty killed 21 in 1984 at a fast food place.LONG BEFORE THERE WERE VIDEO GAMES,GOTHS OR ANYTHING ELSE PEOPLE ARE BLAMING THIS ON,ITS SIMPLE YOU HAVE A POPULATION OF 340 MILLION PEOPLE AND THERE ARE GOING TO BE CRAZIES
Lucian

Post by Lucian »

Wrong,Charles Whitman killed 13 people from a bell tower in Texas in 1966.James Huberty killed 21 in 1984 at a fast food place.LONG BEFORE THERE WERE VIDEO GAMES,GOTHS OR ANYTHING ELSE PEOPLE ARE BLAMING THIS ON,ITS SIMPLE YOU HAVE A POPULATION OF 340 MILLION PEOPLE AND THERE ARE GOING TO BE CRAZIES

I agree. In any population there will be a small percentage of "crazies". If the population is low, that small percentage might be zero actual people, but in a very large population, the EXACT SAME small percentage might be quite a few individuals. It's just simple math.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

No politics please, thread locked.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Return to “General Discussion”