Regime Cards

The development team behind the award-winning games Decisive Campaigns: From Warsaw To Paris and Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive year and theater of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue simulates the German drive to Stalingrad and into the Caucasus of the summer of 1942, as well as its May preludes (2nd Kharkov offensive, Operation Trappenjagd) and also the Soviet winter counter-offensive (Operation Uranus) that ended with the encirclement of 6th Army in Stalingrad and the destruction of the axis minor armies. With many improvements including the PBEM++ system, this is a release to watch for wargamers!

Moderator: Vic

BK6583

Regime Cards

Post by BK6583 »

The manual doesn't seem to describe how these work. If I play a "Give OKH More Staff" card, does just Halder get these for keeps or can he reallocate to Army or Corps HQ that need them? Most of the cards seem to send whatever you're asking for to OKH - again, same question.
BossGnome

RE: Regime Cards

Post by BossGnome »

My understanding of how reinforcement work (which may or may not be correct) goes like this: all the reinforcements come from off-map german high command to OKH. Halder then allocates them based on asking priority to the different armies scattered across the map, who then allocate them to their fronts, who then allocate them to their individual units. Of course, at any point along this route, if any of the HQs feel like they need more troops for themselves, they are can keep them. That being said, I think the only troops that HQs themselves keep are staff, some infantry, flak, and trucks. So, if you ask High command for more staff, unless Halder or his army subordinates feel like they themselves are understaffed, you should have no problem getting those pencil pushers to your corps.
"Hard pressed on my right; my left is in retreat. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking."
-Gen. Joffre, before the battle of the Marne
LiquidSky

Post by LiquidSky »

Every unit has a ToE, which says how much stuff they want to be at full strength. If for some reason they have more, or are disbanding, they will hand that stuff off to OKH.

If they have less, then OKH will give them what it can (over it's own ToE) to bring them up to full strength. However, since there is never enough to go around, it will do this first for the units under priority, then for the ones who are not. Within that, it will hand them out to the most beat up units first. At most I think it will hand out 3 strength points per type per unit. And it will do that until it runs out.

Some replacements require the unit to have trucks before it will receive them. So if it looks like you have lots of stuff, but your units aren't getting it, it could be because of lack of transport.

“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
James Ward

Post by James Ward »

ORIGINAL: BK6583

The manual doesn't seem to describe how these work. If I play a "Give OKH More Staff" card, does just Halder get these for keeps or can he reallocate to Army or Corps HQ that need them? Most of the cards seem to send whatever you're asking for to OKH - again, same question.

All the reinforcements initially go to OKH or Stavka. They divvy them out to Army/Front HQ and so on down the line. I'm not sure how OKH decides how to divide them up. If you want a specific unit to get reinforced, say an HQ need staff, then set their replacement levels to Priority. That moves them to the front of the line if replacement become available. Just don't put all of you units to Priority [:)]

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue”