COMMAND OPS : LEGENDS OF THE BLITZKRIEG - An Introduction

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Arjuna, Panther Paul

z1812

RE: COMMAND OPS : LEGENDS OF THE BLITZKRIEG - An Introduction

Post by z1812 »

Will there be a graphical representation of the units or only Nato. I use both normally. Graphical is very useful to get a quick idea of what is where.
BAL

Post by BAL »

So, you are thinking about including supply units? I ask this because supply, in other games, is usually abstracted or not an issue to be considered in a platoon level game - mainly due to scenario length. Just kind of looking for your thoughts on this, Bil H.
I'll try being nicer if you try being less stupid. - anon
Bil H

Post by Bil H »

ORIGINAL: BAL

So, you are thinking about including supply units? I ask this because supply, in other games, is usually abstracted or not an issue to be considered in a platoon level game - mainly due to scenario length. Just kind of looking for your thoughts on this, Bil H.

Of course. Some of these scenarios could go a couple of days so supply will indeed be a factor. Especially for the armor, as I expect fuel shortages to play a major factor as it did in 1940. More than one planned French counterattack was cancelled due to fuel shortage.

Bil
Ah, well, since you do not wish death, then how about a rubber chicken?

Sam the Eagle

My Combat Mission Blog:
https://battledrill.blogspot.com/
Bil H

Post by Bil H »

ORIGINAL: z1812

Will there be a graphical representation of the units or only Nato. I use both normally. Graphical is very useful to get a quick idea of what is where.

Yes, both will still be available.

Sam the Eagle

My Combat Mission Blog:
BAL

Post by BAL »

ORIGINAL: Bil H
ORIGINAL: BAL

Of course. Some of these scenarios could go a couple of days so supply will indeed be a factor. Especially for the armor, as I expect fuel shortages to play a major factor as it did in 1940. More than one planned French counterattack was cancelled due to fuel shortage.

Bil

Thanks for the reply. Looking forward to getting this one.
I'll try being nicer if you try being less stupid. - anon
Perturabo

Post by Perturabo »

Any chances for some info on release date and price?

I got some money now and I wonder if I should put some away for this game.
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

Perturabo,

I'm sorry but it is way too early to answer that.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
wosung

Post by wosung »

In case you don't know this one - a fine read & good maps:

Karl-Heinz Frieser (Author), John T. Greenwood (Transl.), The Blitzkrieg Legend: The 1940 Campaign in the West [Hardcover]

http://www.amazon.com/Blitzkrieg-Legend ... eg+Legende

Best regards
wosung
dazkaz15

Post by dazkaz15 »

Game looks great.
Maps look awsome.
Think it will be a must buy for me [;)]
z1812

Post by z1812 »

Hi Bill,

I wonder if you have looked at this book. "Blitzkrieg in Their Own Words." About 20% of the book is about Poland. The rest is about the invasion of France. The stories are small vignettes having to do with various actions during those campaigns. It is told from the German point of view and is definitely propaganda. However it might provide some ideas for scenarios. Below is a link.

http://www.amazon.com/Blitzkrieg-Their- ... blitzkrieg

Regards,

John
Bil H

Post by Bil H »

Thanks for the link looks like it could be useful. I'll check it out.

Bil

Sam the Eagle

My Combat Mission Blog:
general_solomon

Post by general_solomon »

any news? thanks
Perturabo

Post by Perturabo »

Any chances for a Wh40k episode of Legends of the Blitzkrieg?
Rebel Yell

Post by Rebel Yell »

ORIGINAL: Perturabo

Any chances for a Wh40k episode of Legends of the Blitzkrieg?

I wouldn't even begin to presume to answer anything for Bil, but I don't think I'm going too far out on the limb to say...no.
Perturabo

Post by Perturabo »

It would be nice if someone would finally make a good Warhammer 40k computer game.
wodin

Post by wodin »

Yes that would be superb. Infact the tabletop hobby is an area that as far as I can see not represented at all on PC.I think it's a whole genre that could be filled. Animate the units, but give the player the customisation from changing weapons to painting them. Add campaigns with your units and leader gaining experience. Add other animations like shooting, fire, smoke, Gas,terrain deformations, Buildings Destroyed etc. How about add a weapon and vehicle construction kit..that actually is like a mini game in itself..tweaking power outputs and trying different leg set ups (talking mech here)etc etc.

Set up worlds..ongoing PBEM conflicts..instill a wego system you move send it to them, but they don't see your moves..they move they then email back to you(would stop cheating) who then creates the turn by clicking play turn, you can then watch the moves pan out and email the turn to the other player who then watches it rinse and repeat. That way wego PBEM works. You could even expand it and bring in other people (lots of emailing though still if the game is good enough and gets a hue community it would work.

Anyway well off topic here..it's one of my many game design ideas..well many I say about four.
Perturabo

Post by Perturabo »

ORIGINAL: wodin

Yes that would be superb. Infact the tabletop hobby is an area that as far as I can see not represented at all on PC.I think it's a whole genre that could be filled. Animate the units, but give the player the customisation from changing weapons to painting them. Add campaigns with your units and leader gaining experience. Add other animations like shooting, fire, smoke, Gas,terrain deformations, Buildings Destroyed etc. How about add a weapon and vehicle construction kit..that actually is like a mini game in itself..tweaking power outputs and trying different leg set ups (talking mech here)etc etc.

Set up worlds..ongoing PBEM conflicts..instill a wego system you move send it to them, but they don't see your moves..they move they then email back to you(would stop cheating) who then creates the turn by clicking play turn, you can then watch the moves pan out and email the turn to the other player who then watches it rinse and repeat. That way wego PBEM works. You could even expand it and bring in other people (lots of emailing though still if the game is good enough and gets a hue community it would work.

Anyway well off topic here..it's one of my many game design ideas..well many I say about four.
Sounds like Titans of Steel.

I'm talking about a serious Wh40k wargame. For example - like if Final Liberation wouldn't be dumbed-down Steel Panthers but instead a full-featured Steel Panthers game set in the Wh40k setting.
wodin

Post by wodin »

No nothing at all like Titans of Steel..I'm talking about getting a tabletop game experience on the PC..this hasn't been done before. The mech thing was just an example..the construction could be anything including hand weapons and you can totally experiment with all aspects of design..or you can leave that side of it well alone..it's something that people who like to tinker with stats can play with.

My game idea is just like WH40K tabletop experience with everything those players enjoy about that kind of game. However you can use the basic design to cover all sorts of game types..from WH40K to Dust Tactics and even Steam Punk setting..WW1 with mechs. Whatever you fancy the core design will cover. However it's main aspect is the army painting..issuing weapons...buying new armies\vehicles...choosing your army set up. Having experienced leaders that you can choose to lead elements, they will have medals and stats that increase (or decrease through wounds). All your leaders and units can be looked at and viewed..re equipped and you pick who is going out of your units. Perma death can and will happen to leaders, when this happens you can promote someone from the ranks. Heroes will have a huge boost on the field..but you'll be scared to loose them at the same time. Again if you want WH40K the game engine will do it no problem and more taking the power of the PC to expand and improve it. If you fancy a different setting the core engine will do it for you, just a whole new world and set of stats and units etc. We all know we will never get a WH40K tabletop game on the PC..this game design idea will give something very similar (and be moddable).

If you thought my idea was like Titans your way off the mark. I wouldn't have gone on about the tabletop genre if I wanted to make a Mech game like Titan. Also if you think my game design is dumbed down your again way off base..I'm talking a proper wargame here with the fidelity of Steel Panthers and much more beside.

Anyway this is totally off topic.

Sorry Bil.
z1812

Post by z1812 »

I am wondering if there is news about this title?
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

There was release date news about a week or so ago - when Dave put up his plans. It wasn't so good though - it was this - release LOTB by end of November 2014

Return to “Command Ops Series”