STAVKA relocated while surrounded?

The development team behind the award-winning games Decisive Campaigns: From Warsaw To Paris and Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive year and theater of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue simulates the German drive to Stalingrad and into the Caucasus of the summer of 1942, as well as its May preludes (2nd Kharkov offensive, Operation Trappenjagd) and also the Soviet winter counter-offensive (Operation Uranus) that ended with the encirclement of 6th Army in Stalingrad and the destruction of the axis minor armies. With many improvements including the PBEM++ system, this is a release to watch for wargamers!

Moderator: Vic

Wartath

STAVKA relocated while surrounded?

Post by Wartath »

By great combination of skill and luck [;)] I managed to completely surround STAVKA. That id, I had units in all hexes beside it. First the soviets bought reinforcements in order to bolster the defences of their supreme hq. I managed to get in a turn of good beating, but I found the next turn that STAVKA had vanished. [&:]

My guess is that it relocated to a safer place, but how is this possible? All the exiting paths were blocked by enemy units. I realize that e.g. in WitE, you can't uttrely destroy HQ's by surrounding them (or can you?) due to the time scale, I can't see how that could be the case here.
LiquidSky

RE: STAVKA relocated while surrounded?

Post by LiquidSky »

A better question is, how did you manage to surround the entire Russian supply/replacement network, which is represented by STAVKA? Such silliness is prevented by playing a card, which allows the player to relocate your HQ to another location. But it can only happen once.

The Russian HQ relocates to Uralsk and OKH relocates to Odessa. It is done by playing a card (and costs some pp's)
“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
Redmarkus5

RE: STAVKA relocated while surrounded?

Post by Redmarkus5 »

Just so, and it represents the fact that the real STAVKA core staff would have packed itself onto trucks and trains before allowing the enemy to encircle it :)
WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue”