BabesLite '42 Scenario

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Natali

BabesLite '42 Scenario

Post by Natali »

Everything is done for Japan and for US Army, Navy, and Marines. Mike Osterhaut is after me to do the Dutch anyway, even though they go away for the '42 scenario. That makes the Dutch and Br/Aus/NZ the last things left to do. Did the changes so everything is BigBabes but everything stays in its slot so it can be played with the stock AI!! How bout them apples!! Sent my latest files up to the bosses and they came back with flying colors. Things just keep falling into place, thanks to Mike, Matt and John.

Just need to do the Dutch and Br/Aus/NZ TO&Es and OOBs, and then do a fast-forward to April/May 1942. Feeling good and feeling confident. The more I work with the system the faster I get with it. Should have a BabesLite update done in a week. The '42 scenario should be finished by Christmas or new Years.

Sam
tbothy

RE: BabesLite '42 Scenario

Post by tbothy »

Great work Natali, looking very much forward to the Scenario
oldman45

Post by oldman45 »

This is an enormous project, thanks so much for everything.
Symon

Post by Symon »

ORIGINAL: oldman45
Yes. It is enormous. We told him and told him, and he didn't believe. But he's into it now and is doing it righteous. He's even taking me to school on some things. God loves the youngsters. Their wives might not, so much, but any gal with her own Browning, who goes duck hunting, can't be all that bad.

Keep bringing it, Sam. Ciao. John
Nous n'avons pas peur! Vive la liberté! Moi aussi je suis Charlie!
Yippy Ki Yay.
Natali

Post by Natali »

ORIGINAL: Symon
Yes. It is enormous. We told him and told him, and he didn't believe. But he's into it now and is doing it righteous. He's even taking me to school on some things. God loves the youngsters. Their wives might not, so much, but any gal with her own Browning, who goes duck hunting, can't be all that bad.

Keep bringing it, Sam. Ciao. John
Ok bringing it. Thank you all.

Regards. Sam.
Natali

RE: Andy Question

Post by Natali »

Looking through the AI and only see a few BFs in the scripts. Does the AI hunt for BF tagged units and move them to Air bases? Does it marrter if the units are not tagged as BF? How does the AI work with this? If you can't say, please pm JWE (Symon). he won't violate anything but he'll give some honest hints.

Regards. Sam.
Natali

Post by Natali »

ORIGINAL: Natali

Looking through the AI and only see a few BFs in the scripts. Does the AI hunt for BF tagged units and move them to Air bases? Does it marrter if the units are not tagged as BF? How does the AI work with this? If you can't say, please pm JWE (Symon). he won't violate anything but he'll give some honest hints.

Regards. Sam.
Thanks for the pms. Understand now how the BF things work inside the AI.

@Erion, understand the land bridge concept, but there's no way to identify units in the AI script. We need JWE's AI editor for that.

Will redo things by your suggestions. Posted this, but will copy you.

Regards. Sam.
Andy Mac

Post by Andy Mac »

Ai takes a slot number irrespective of the typ of unit so you need to make sure for the ai that you have balanced base forces with a little bit of everything or the ai will lack something

Or adjust the ai to add more units if going down the full babes approach
Natali

Post by Natali »

ORIGINAL: Andy Mac

Ai takes a slot number irrespective of the typ of unit so you need to make sure for the ai that you have balanced base forces with a little bit of everything or the ai will lack something

Or adjust the ai to add more units if going down the full babes approach
I don't want to adjust the AI. I don't know how. I am not moving any kind of unit from the stock slots so the AI script will find something in the slot where it looks. But....

There's a lot of BF units that I turned into Eng units with the a lot of the same device things and where the AI can find them where they live regular. But....

DOES THE AI LOOK FOR UNITS TAGGED AS TYPE 10 (ENG) AND WITH SUFFIX 109 (BF) AND USE THEM ????? Or is it just what units is in the scripts? Inquiring minds wanna know.

Regards. Sami.
Andy Mac

Post by Andy Mac »

AI doesnt think it does what you tell it so it takes exactly whats in the slot and uses it which is why the AI needs balanced base force type units with a bit of everything
Don Bowen

Post by Don Bowen »

Of possible interest:

http://www.airforcehistoryindex.org/dat ... 68/021.xml

Note - not free.
Ol_Dog

Post by Ol_Dog »

"Unaccustomed as I am to public speaking ..."
"Far be it for me to question ..."

How's the BabesLite and BigBabes thingy coming?

untalented but interested
Ol Dog
Common Sense is an uncommon virtue.
If you think you have everything under control, you don't fully understand the situation.
Natali

Post by Natali »

ORIGINAL: Ol_Dog

"Unaccustomed as I am to public speaking ..."
"Far be it for me to question ..."

How's the BabesLite and BigBabes thingy coming?

untalented but interested
Ol Dog
It is going slow. Only because I keep wanting to change the OOB and get slapped down every time because of how it will hurt the AI . I learned the lesson and have a big red mark on my butt to prove it , so it will go quicker now, I hope

Sami
oldman45

Post by oldman45 »

ORIGINAL: Don Bowen

Of possible interest:

Note - not free.

I have a feeling a field trip is in my future. Reading their mission page and the data they have available I want to spend a couple of weeks there. Thanks Don.
Don Bowen

Post by Don Bowen »

ORIGINAL: Don Bowen

Of possible interest:

Note - not free.

I have a feeling a field trip is in my future. Reading their mission page and the data they have available I want to spend a couple of weeks there. Thanks Don.

Will you be sharing any goodies you may find with your pals on the forum?
oldman45

Post by oldman45 »

If course, just have to convince the fantasy goddess that I need to go away for a week to look at books and micro film. [8D][;)] If it pans out I will more than likely go in the fall.

I will alert you all when I leave so you can put in special requests for me to look for.
Natali

Post by Natali »

This is for JeffK because I know he will get all over it. Puzzling about the Australians I made an executive decision. I know I might get apanked for it but I can’t help it. Too many brigades got swapped around and some went overseas, and some didn’t, and it’s too easy now. Making the Australians a brigade oob helps a lot because some can be restricted and some can be deployable. It helps too with the cavalry.

I fudged a little and swapped the 15th motor for the 7th LH and made the 4th Cav brigade the 4th Motor brigade. They all get disbanded kinda so I thought that abstraction and simplification wouldn’t hurt none. That lets me put 7, 12, and 24 LH in play. Good because 7 and 24 were db, while 12 became a later war A/C Rgt. This lets the LH have a two branch tree of toes, with most going to Recce units and a couple going to AC units.

Found some disconnects in Niehorster. With all due respect, I used my own thoughts. There never was a 1st motor MG Bn and a 1st AC Bn from what I get from email contacts from Australia. 1st LH converted to 1st LHMG and then to 1st Motor and then to 1st AC in the period 1937 to 1941 and then to 1st Tank Bn. 2nd LH is crazy because there was so many 2nds and even the Aussie Armored Corps can’t keep them all strait.

So I’m going to do the best I can do and keep the brigades in the same slots where they were and use some opne slots for my nut-job mods. Oh please, oh, please, let this work.

Comments enthusiastically welcome. Butt smackings, not so much so.

Sami
Ron Saueracker

Post by Ron Saueracker »

OMG...this is the one I've been dying to see. Was always curious as to why the April/May 42 start scenario was never an assured stock scenario from the get go. From a human Allies vs Japanese AI scenario, I've also always thought a post Midway scenario would be best as the AI could/would be purely defensive in nature (simpler to programme the AI?), perhaps a Watchtower Aug 42 start and a post Watchtower Feb 43 start.

Anyway, I'm babbling...lol. Thanks for all the amazing effort guys!!!

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan
JeffroK

Post by JeffroK »

ORIGINAL: Natali

This is for JeffK because I know he will get all over it. Puzzling about the Australians I made an executive decision. I know I might get apanked for it but I can’t help it. Too many brigades got swapped around and some went overseas, and some didn’t, and it’s too easy now. Making the Australians a brigade oob helps a lot because some can be restricted and some can be deployable. It helps too with the cavalry.

I fudged a little and swapped the 15th motor for the 7th LH and made the 4th Cav brigade the 4th Motor brigade. They all get disbanded kinda so I thought that abstraction and simplification wouldn’t hurt none. That lets me put 7, 12, and 24 LH in play. Good because 7 and 24 were db, while 12 became a later war A/C Rgt. This lets the LH have a two branch tree of toes, with most going to Recce units and a couple going to AC units.

Found some disconnects in Niehorster. With all due respect, I used my own thoughts. There never was a 1st motor MG Bn and a 1st AC Bn from what I get from email contacts from Australia. 1st LH converted to 1st LHMG and then to 1st Motor and then to 1st AC in the period 1937 to 1941 and then to 1st Tank Bn. 2nd LH is crazy because there was so many 2nds and even the Aussie Armored Corps can’t keep them all strait.

So I’m going to do the best I can do and keep the brigades in the same slots where they were and use some opne slots for my nut-job mods. Oh please, oh, please, let this work.

Comments enthusiastically welcome. Butt smackings, not so much so.

Sami

You'll have fun trying to make any sense,

Hah, have fun.
Scratchings from my opus on the Australian Army.
Put together from various places.

1st Light Horse Machine Gun Regiment
(New South Wales Lancers)

7/12/41 1st Cavalry Division Troops
The 1st Light Horse (New South Wales Lancers) was a Light Horse militia unit in New South Wales. In 1929, it merged with the 21st Light Horse (Riverina Horse) for form the 1st/21st Light Horse (New South Wales Lancers) but was unlinked in 1937 to become the 1st Light Horse (New South Wales Lancers) again. On 19th July, 1942, it became the 1st Australian Army Tank Battalion and was equipped with Matilda Tanks and fought the Japanese in the Pacific campaign. It was disbanded in 1946.
1st Light Horse Regiment Lineage
1st Australian Light Horse Regiment (NSW Lancers) - 1903
7th Light Horse (NSW Lancers) - 1912
1st Light Horse (NSW Lancers) - 1918
1st Light Horse and part of 6th Light Horse form 1st Light Horse Regiment (NSW Lancers) - 1921
1st Light Horse (NSW Lancers) and 21st Australian Light Horse Regiment (Illawarra Light Horse) form 1st/21st Light Horse Regiment - 1929
1st/21st Light Horse Regiment unlinked - 1937
1st Light Horse (M.G.) Regiment (Royal NSW Lancers) - 1937
1st M.G. Regiment (Royal NSW Lancers) - 1st December, 1941
1st Motor Regiment (Royal NSW Lancers) - 13th March, 1942
1st Army Tank Battalion, Australian Armoured Corps - 8th May, 1942
1st Army Tank Battalion, (A.I.F.) - 19th July, 1942
1st Australian Armoured Regiment (A.I.F.) - 1st June, 1944
Disbanded - 13th February, 1943

2nd Light Horse Regiment
(Moreton Light Horse)

Formed 2nd Recce Battalion
The 2nd Light Horse Regiment (Moreton Light Horse) (QMI) was a Light Horse militia unit in Queensland. On 1st October, 1918 as part of a army renumbering scheme, it became the 2nd Light Horse Regiment (Moreton Light Horse) (QMI). This scheme was adopted so that Citizen Military Force (CMF) units would take on the numerical designations of their A.I.F. counterparts which had been raised in the same areas. The 2nd Light Horse Regiment (Moreton Light Horse) (QMI) adopted the battle honours of the 2nd Light Horse Regiment A.I.F.
After several redesignations, it was disbanded on 29th July, 1943.
2nd Light Horse Regiment Lineage
2nd Light Horse (Moreton Light Horse) (QMI) - 1921
Linked with 14th Light Horse (West Moreton Light Horse) (QMI) to form 2nd/14th Light Horse - 1930
Unlinked to become 2nd Light Horse (Moreton Light Horse) (QMI) - 30th August, 1940
2nd Reconnaissance Battalion, Moreton Light Horse (QMI) - 1st December, 1941
2nd Australian Divisional Cavalry Regiment, Moreton Light Horse (QMI) - 23rd September, 1942
2nd Australian Cavalry Regiment A.I.F. - 1st November, 1942
Disbanded - 29th July, 1943
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
JeffroK

Post by JeffroK »

If anyone is interested, I have a file on just about every Combat Battalion of the Australian Army raised in Australia. It doesnt cover the AIF units which went to Malaya or the Middle East.

The intention was to cover those units which remained in Australia, there history isnt covered well and I thought of it while tracing an Uncle's service.

Currently standing at 130 pages I think its only half finished, but it was half finished when I passed 50 pages so I dont think I'll ever get to the end.

If anyone want a peek, drop a PM and I'll zip it and send on.

1st/45th Australian Infantry Battalion
The East Sydney Regiment

At the outbreak of war the 1st Battalion formed at Narellan but was quickly moved to the Royal Agricultural Society Showgrounds at Moore Park. Time was divided between weapons training and building coastal defences, plus rewiring after storms. On 20/3/42 the Battalion left Moore Park and returned to Narellan. Life for 1st Battalion was to consist of training and moving camp. Its strength on 8/8/42 was 33 Officers and 714 men.
On 27/8/42 1st Battalion left 31st Brigade and became part of 9th Brigade. During the period up to 20/9/42 the Battalion had worked closely with 18 Battalion VDC and in late Sept dismantled their camp and moved to St Ives and Turramurra and then Narellan by the end of November. In late October the AIF troops in the Battalion were posted elsewhere and from 1/11/42 the unit merged with 45th Battalion to become 1st/45th Battalion.
1943 continued in this vein, training, lectures, route marches, marching out of troops, receiving new detachments and moving. On 17/3/43 the next camp was at Balgownie near Wollongong, on 29/8/43 to nearby Warrawong. A new duty from late 1943 was de-wiring of the beaches they had spent so much time in building and maintaining and in late December 1943 returned to Narellan only to move at the end of January 1944 to Canterbury Racecourse. During February 1944 the Battalion was supplying around 200 NCO & Men daily to the wharves for ship unloading duties. Trying to rate as a mobile unit, the Battalion moved again in late March to a new camp at French's Forest. March saw up to 300 men working on the wharves and 29/4/44 saw the Battalion moved AGAIN to Narellan with the wharf duty taken over by 13th/33rd Battalion. On 9/5/44 1st/45th Battalion was attached to 17th Battalion to ease administration and QM duties. From this point a continual posting of Officers and Men from the Battalion resulted in the final disbandment of 1st/45th Australian Infantry Battalion take place on 28 July 1944 with any remaining Officers and Men going to 20th/34th Battalion.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”