OT - What was the Hardest You've Ever Laughed?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Canoerebel

OT - What was the Hardest You've Ever Laughed?

Post by Canoerebel »

Sometimes these are "you had to be there" moments, but what is the one time in your life you laughed the hardest?
"Rats set fire to Mr. Cooper’s store in Fort Valley. No damage done." Columbus (Ga) Enquirer-Sun, October 2, 1880.
Lecivius

RE: OT - What was the Hardest You've Ever Laughed?

Post by Lecivius »

For me, hard to pin down to just one.

Watching Top Gear, Jeremy was in a car garage with an enormous vehicle that should never have gotten in there in the 1st place. Some clod behind him tooted his horn. Of course, the car Jeremy was driving was known for it's incredibly ostentatious horn. So he looks over his shoulder and replies “So you want to have a horn contest? Ready….Steady…..” and he sounded his foghorn. Camera pans back quickly to the car, then the garage, then London, then all of Britain. My son & I laughed for an hour, tears rolling down. I still grin thinking about it.

Watching a Bill Crosby show 25 years ago. That man had a way to hold the punch line until just before you got your breath back from the previous joke. Seriously, he would watch the crowd with a smile & wait for delivery. Two hours of the funniest pain I ever endured.

Bow hunting with my brother as teenagers in the Colorado back country for the first time. Watching the biggest buck either of us have ever seen (and still have not topped) walk out on the hill above us. Watching my bro draw back & hit the tree next to it….and 45 feet up. Laughing so hard, because the only other option was to cry.

Many, many more….
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Canoerebel

Post by Canoerebel »

Nobody else laughs so hard that they cry (or, if you're a woman, lose control of your bladder, as my wife has done a few times over the years)?  I can think of five occasions in which I've laughed that hard.  Here's the top one:

Back in September 2003, me and my family (wife and, at the time, children who were 10, 9 and 6) were trying to see all the sights around the mall in Washington DC while the remants of a hurricane moved in.  The last stop in the afternoon was the National Air and Space Museum.  In the basement, about fifteen minutes before closing time, we found a bunch of flight simulators.   There were three, so my children took first dibs, leaving me with just a couple of minutes to give it a shot myself.  I climbed in and somehow managed to invert the simulator.  I couldn't get it upright.  It kept bouncing, which kept me bouncing upside down, giving me a horrible headache.  Meanwhile, stuff was falling out of my pockets, like pens and papers and coins.  These, in turn fell through seams in the cockpit, descending to the floor,which started my family to laughing.  When I exited the machine, I held my hands to my head and groaned against the headache, which made my family laugh all the more.

It was closing time, so the security guards started vigorously shooing us to the entrance.  Only we were slow, because we were laughing so hard, which angered them.  The guards and remaining visitors looked at us like we were crazy, which added to our mirth.

Finally, we made it to the door, donning cheap plastic ponchos since it was raining outside.  As we walked out, a big wind gust lifted all our ponchos straight up in the air.  This was the straw the broke the camel's back.  We were an out-of-control family staggering down the mall sidewalk laughing our heads off in a hurricane.
"Rats set fire to Mr. Cooper’s store in Fort Valley. No damage done." Columbus (Ga) Enquirer-Sun, October 2, 1880.
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

Yeah, so many. A first test would be not being able to breathe I guess.

I remember watching a now deceased comic (sad story) named Richard Jeni doing a bit about watching the "Jaws" movies on pay-per-view in his motel. I remember falling out of my chair and hitting the deck. Just something about it at the time. I think I was sober. Hmm . . .
The Moose
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

Nobody else laughs so hard that they cry (or, if you're a woman, lose control of your bladder, as my wife has done a few times over the years)?  I can think of five occasions in which I've laughed that hard.  Here's the top one:

Back in September 2003, me and my family (wife and, at the time, children who were 10, 9 and 6) were trying to see all the sights around the mall in Washington DC while the remants of a hurricane moved in.  The last stop in the afternoon was the National Air and Space Museum.  In the basement, about fifteen minutes before closing time, we found a bunch of flight simulators.   There were three, so my children took first dibs, leaving me with just a couple of minutes to give it a shot myself.  I climbed in and somehow managed to invert the simulator.  I couldn't get it upright.  It kept bouncing, which kept me bouncing upside down, giving me a horrible headache.  Meanwhile, stuff was falling out of my pockets, like pens and papers and coins.  These, in turn fell through seams in the cockpit, descending to the floor,which started my family to laughing.  When I exited the machine, I held my hands to my head and groaned against the headache, which made my family laugh all the more.

It was closing time, so the security guards started vigorously shooing us to the entrance.  Only we were slow, because we were laughing so hard, which angered them.  The guards and remaining visitors looked at us like we were crazy, which added to our mirth.

Finally, we made it to the door, donning cheap plastic ponchos since it was raining outside.  As we walked out, a big wind gust lifted all our ponchos straight up in the air.  This was the straw the broke the camel's back.  We were an out-of-control family staggering down the mall sidewalk laughing our heads off in a hurricane.

And then the lightning bolt hit. The next day you bought WITP.
The Moose
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

There is a documentary movie by Penn Jillette (of Penn and Teller fame) called "The Aristocrats." The movie is about the dirtiest joke ever told. So offensive and dirty that comedians pretty much only tell it to each other. The joke sucks but it is the telling that makes it. I watched it in a sold out movie theater and don't ever think I have laughed harder.

The name of the joke is the Aristocrats. Every comedian knows about it. If you are really sick you can look it up on youtube.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
Symon

Post by Symon »

Sometimes these are "you had to be there" moments, but what is the one time in your life you laughed the hardest?
Just recently. Went down to Bayou Bon Secor, to Billy’s, to get some seafood. Two boats were at the docks, so me and Beaudy the Wonder Dog went out to watch. So here’s Beaudy with his little nubbin of a Scamper Spaniel tail running, and this guy waves us on board. So I pick up Beaudy and lift him over the gunnel (he’s got serious dysplasia and arthritis from birth).

What does he do but walk over the Captain, sniff, and widdle on his boots. Thought I was toast, but the man roared with laughter, reached down and rumpled Beaudy’s ears and says “Now dis a sweet little dawg.You like de fish, doncha, feller?” This guy was Cajun as you can get.

I was mortified, and spent a few minutes looking around and decided it was time to disappear. Grabbed the dog and back on the dock when the Captain shows up again with a garbage bag full of five pounds of shrimp, right out of the hold. “Dis for your little dawg. Now you gots to bile ‘em an you gots to peel ‘em, so he piss on me, and now I pass it on to you.”

Can’t remember when I ever laughed so hard.
Nous n'avons pas peur! Vive la liberté! Moi aussi je suis Charlie!
Yippy Ki Yay.
KenchiSulla

Post by KenchiSulla »

AKA Cannonfodder

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor
Cribtop

Post by Cribtop »

No wonder you hate pilot training so much, Dan. It's a flashback to this incident!

My biggest laughs came from an unprintable incident in college. The broad outlines involve a Halloween party day after situation, the mauling of a Confederate Space Alien (a hilarious send-up of my favorite National Enquirer headline about "Confederate Bomber found on Moon"), and the now immortal words: "Don't move... It isn't MUD!"

I hasten to add that I was, for once, an innocent spectator to these events.
Skyros

Post by Skyros »

It was the scene in the Movie "Something about Mary" with the hair gel. I laughed so hard I literally slipped out of my seat onto the floor. My poor wife was left sitting there with half the theater starring at her.
whippleofd

Post by whippleofd »

Olongapo, PI.
Sharks Cove bar.
Many pitchers of Mojo between M1 Division and an unknown number of San Miguel's.
LBFM and a Peso show gone wrong.
Had to be there, 'cause it's deffinately not for explaining here.
But man, was that funny.

Whipple
MMCS(SW/AW) 1981-2001
1981 RTC, SD
81-82 NPS, Orlando
82-85 NPTU, Idaho Falls
85-90 USS Truxtun (CGN-35)
90-93 USS George Washington (CVN-73)
93-96 NFAS Orlando
96-01 Navsea-08/Naval Reactors
panzer cat

Post by panzer cat »

Dave Chapelle show- Clayton Bigsby the black klansman. It's on you tube, you will bust a gut...
SpitfireIX

Post by SpitfireIX »

[Names have been changed to protect the guilty.]

A couple of years after I graduated from high school, I was home from college for Christmas break and I was hanging out with some of the guys from my old gaming group who were a couple of grades behind me. Since my previous visit they had started gaming with a 9th-grader named Troy, who frankly wasn't too bright, at least by the standards of our group. He was forever doing stupid things in RPGs that frequently got himself (and occasionally others) killed or in hot water, and he was frequently treated as the comic relief.

One night one of my friends drove around picking up people to take over to his house for a gaming session, and Troy was the last one picked up. On the way back to our host's we got into a discussion about the merits of two different high schools; Northrop, which Troy attended, and Snider, which the other three attended, and from which I'd graduated. Troy opined that Northrop must certainly be better than Snider. This was roundly rejected by the other three, and then just as we were pulling into our host's driveway, I said, "Well, as the only person here who went to both Northrop and Snider, I can say that I definitely preferred Snider.

As we were getting out of the car, Troy said, "Well, I guess we do have some really bad teachers. Like there's Mrs. Davis, my English teacher. She's really fat and ugly and nobody likes her, and she has this really dumb haircut, and she . . ." I can't remember the rest because at that point the other guys and I were laughing too hard. Mrs. Davis is my mother.

The laughter and Troy's babbling about my mother continued for a moment, and then he said, "Then there's her husband, Mr. Davis. He teaches shop . . ." At this point two guys were on the ground, in the snow, and the other guy and I were hanging onto the side of the car, because we were laughing so hard that we literally couldn't stand up.

Finally the guy next to me managed to stop laughing long enough to interrupt Troy, and to ask him if he knew what my last name was. "No." After his colossal faux pas was explained to him, instead of reacting with the mortification that 99.9% of people would experience, he just kind of shrugged.

"I know Japanese. He is very bad. And tricky. But we Americans too smart. We catch him and give him hell."

--Benny Sablan, crewman, USS Enterprise 12/7/41
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: Whipple

Olongapo, PI.
Sharks Cove bar.
Many pitchers of Mojo between M1 Division and an unknown number of San Miguel's.
LBFM and a Peso show gone wrong.
Had to be there, 'cause it's deffinately not for explaining here.
But man, was that funny.

Whipple

"Be careful, kid. You'll shoot somebody's eye out."
The Moose
Canoerebel

Post by Canoerebel »

Somebody help me with Whipple's story (I think you need to have served in the military to understand it - I have no idea what the following are:  Mojo, M1Division, LBFM, and a Peso Show).  I think I wanna know!

Spitfire: [:D]
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

Somebody help me with Whipple's story (I think you need to have served in the military to understand it - I have no idea what the following are:  Mojo, M1Division, LBFM, and a Peso Show).  I think I wanna know!

Spitfire: [:D]

M-Div is Machinery Division, main propulsion. M1 I guess would be on a very large warship; don't know what the '1' means. Mojo is a local drink I think.

The other two you really don't want to know. I know you well enough to know that.[:)]
The Moose
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

True that. If you don't know, your not gonna be traumatized. OC was a...wild...place.

Still is from what I hear, but not like it was.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
TSCofield

Post by TSCofield »

Probably the first time I ever saw 'Duck Amok'. Daffy banging on that anvil/shell was hilarious.
Thomas S. Cofield
Feature Editor, SimHQ.com
t.co0field@comcast.net (stopped the SimHq mail since I get nothing but spam)
LoBaron

Post by LoBaron »

Well, maybe not the hardest, but close.

A friend showed me that video after I had a few glasses too much, and it is really evil.

I still have to laugh when I watch it. That poor guy. Can you imagine how that must feel. To simply be unable to stop
laughing? And he tries. He really tries.

High pitched voice

The weird thing is, when watching this version, I actually felt really bad about laughing in the first place.
The moderator is a poor guy who lost a job he loved dearly over that episode and was completely heartbroken.

Erik talks about losing the Boomerang Show

But still.....aaaaarghh.....I simply cannot.....
adsoul64

Post by adsoul64 »

I can't believe it. It's false, it must have it. I can't stop to ROFL [:D][:D][:D]

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”