Game Launch Prohblem / Pixel Shader 3.0

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

rosseroo

Game Launch Prohblem / Pixel Shader 3.0

Post by rosseroo »

Just bought and downloaded the game, ran the update, which appeared to install successfully. However, I get an error message that the Pixel Shader 3.0 and Vertex Shader 3.0 aren't available. I checked the driver for the graphics card and it's got Shader 4.0, so I'm not sure what to do. Please advise, thanks!
junk2drive

RE: Game Launch Prohblem / Pixel Shader 3.0

Post by junk2drive »

If it is a newer computer with DX10 or 11, you may try installing DX9c from Microsoft. I have know idea if that will help but you may not hear from Matrix until tomorrow.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

Thanks for the report. Sorry to see you're having problems. Please post your DxDiag file and I'll see if I can figure out what's going on. Meanwhile, please try updating your video drivers.
rosseroo

Post by rosseroo »

When I first got the error, I updated the video driver, but that didn't solve it. I'm attaching the DxDiag info to the post for your review.
Attachments
DxDiag.txt
(29.73 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

Thank you for the DxDiag info. The Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family has 64MB of dedicated memory. Your card has access to 1631 MB of shared memory; this is memory shared with the operating system, and which may not be available. "Conflict of Heroes" specs require a video card with 128MB. My best guess as to what's going on is that for some reason your card may not be able to access enough shared memory to initialize the shaders. I would try lowering your Desktop resolution, killing any unnecessary processes, and -- if you have a dual monitor system -- turning off one of your displays. Hopefully this will resolve the issue.

Have you been able to run the game with the Pixel Shader 2.0 shaders?
Delta66

Post by Delta66 »

Hi,

I own the boardgame(s) and wanted to give the Demo a try,unfortunately I also get the Vertex/Shader 3.0 issue.

I think my hardware is OK, From DxDiag:
Asus NJ61v laptop
Core i5 M430 2.27 GHz
Ram 4GO
DirectX 11
Gfx card, nvidia GT 325m

The gfx card use the nVidia Optimus technolgy which use both a basic intel gfx controller for common desktop tasks and a nVidia dedicated 3D engine for 3D intensive tasks.
I wonder if there is a problem with the Optimus technoogy and the Game check the gfx performances based on the low specs intel Gfx controller without properly switching to the 3D accelerator?

I can run many 3D real time games without any problems.

ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

Thanks for the report. The Nvidia GT 325m should be able to run the demo. Are you sure the game is opening on a device controlled by that video card and not your basic graphics card? The XNA libraries the demo uses will try to use whichever graphics card is controlling the monitor on which the demo is trying to run. It may be possible the engine is also checking the specs of the other device, but looking at the code now, that doesn't seem to be the case.
Delta66

Post by Delta66 »

Thanks for your answer

I had previously tried to force the gme to use the Nvidia Accelerator with the Nvidia Configuration tool which allows to select the settings manually for each program.

But it seems I had a conflict with another of my PC games, Unity of Command whose executable is also called "autorun.exe". And the Nvidia Configuration tool kept only the settings for the previously installed Unity of Command

I tryed to rename the "autorun.exe" file, but I get an "Could not find data file" error

So for Conflict of Heroes I modified the settings for the "HexGame.exe" file and I was able to run this version of the Demo.

Now it also seems to works when I run the "autorun.exe"! [X(]

Happy Christmas

ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

Glad to hear you got it working. In general I think it would work better to modify the settings for HexGame.exe than for any autorun files.

Return to “Tech Support”