VR units back on CVEs?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

KPAX

VR units back on CVEs?

Post by KPAX »

I fly off both VR units off a CVE to train some VMF units (carrier capable to carrier trained).

Now I can not be BOTH VR units back on the CVE. I can only get one of them on.

What am I doing wrong?
"War makes Heros on both sides." Hero (the movie)

Thanks !!

KPAX
Blackhorse

RE: VR units back on CVEs?

Post by Blackhorse »

Try docking the CVE at the same port/base as the VRF squadrons, and then loading the squadrons.
WitP-AE -- US LCU & AI Stuff

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Moriarty: Crap!
GreyJoy

Post by GreyJoy »

ORIGINAL: Blackhorse

Try docking the CVE at the same port/base as the VRF squadrons, and then loading the squadrons.

+1
aphrochine

Post by aphrochine »

Yes, dock the TF first. That's how I rebuilt my VR fleet after using the CVEs for ops during the early '43 CV gap.
VMF-422 fanboy
Grog Virgin fanboy
Blackhorse

Post by Blackhorse »

A little more explanation may be in order: you can fly aircraft onto an aircraft carrier (CV, CVL, CVE) until you reach the air capacity limit for the ship.* Beyond that point, you would be storing aircraft on deck in locations that would prevent any more planes from landing. But you can 'overfill' carriers to twice their listed capacity, by winching planes on board at a suitable port.

*= to be more precise, 115% of the listed capacity.
WitP-AE -- US LCU & AI Stuff

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Moriarty: Crap!
bradfordkay

Post by bradfordkay »

In the original WITP if you moved your VR unite to a land base and failed to make sure that you had turned off replacements the squadrons would end up doubling in size. The end result of this was that you could not move two of them back on board a CVE. Could this be his problem?
fair winds,
Brad
KPAX

Post by KPAX »

Thanks guys for a great response!
"War makes Heros on both sides." Hero (the movie)

Thanks !!

KPAX

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”