THE THREAD!!!

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

AW1Steve

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by AW1Steve »

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

I think Steve is expressing some reservations about *another* scenario 2 start. At least he did about 10 pages ago on this thread. I may have bollocksed up your start and ruined him on future scenario 2 games.

Apparently I did not make myself clear....I'll attempt to remedy that situation. NO! NO! NFW!!!!!! In otherwords, I respectfully decline to participate in another scenario 2. I agreed to do one with Andre so that he could experiment with a theory. OK, that's enough. I only need to slam my hand in the car door once to learn. You want us to "man-up"? I don't see you agreeing to play the "Allied Iron-man 3". Maybe we should just call the whole thing off. [&:]

Allied Iron man? Tell me more [:D]
Oh it's fun....but almost as unrealistic as scenario 2. Fun to play against the AI. Frankly , I'm getting somewhat dismayed with all the players who keep wanting to play "fantasy in the Pacific". Isn't anyone interested in playing a semi-historic game any more? [&:] Every bloody time I submit a "players wanted" , I get my PM box filled with scenario 2 requests , and fifty silly assed JFB centered House rules that are justified more on whish full thinking and fantasy then history. I'm seriously thinking I need a new game or hobby. [:(]
Dixie

Post by Dixie »

Calm down. It's just a little bit of teasing...[:'(]
[center]Image

Bigger boys stole my sig
Onime No Kyo

Post by Onime No Kyo »

Who says the Swedes dont have a sense of humor. [:)]

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
Onime No Kyo

Post by Onime No Kyo »

And Brits have a sense of humor as well. [X(]

At least I assume its Brits because its hard to imagine any other nation being such jerks. [:D]

Attachments
Screen Sho..24.11 AM.jpg
Screen Sho..24.11 AM.jpg (100.09 KiB) Viewed 82 times
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
Onime No Kyo

Post by Onime No Kyo »

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

Oh it's fun....but almost as unrealistic as scenario 2. Fun to play against the AI.

I think I may try that, seeing as I have no actual games right now and I'm basically finished (after 4 years of playing on and off) Fallout 3. Its either that or Napoleon TW. [:D]
Onime No Kyo

Post by Onime No Kyo »

More proof....

Attachments
ScreenSho..29.25AM.jpg
ScreenSho..29.25AM.jpg (128.55 KiB) Viewed 82 times
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

ORIGINAL: Dixie

Calm down. It's just a little bit of teasing...[:'(]

Teasing is not a problem . I completely understand. But I'm not understating the number of replys I've gotten when ever I ask for a PBEM. I'll ask for "a short scenaio, not a grand scenario, minimun house rules" . I then receive "Great , I choose scenario 2 , please see the attached 27 pages of house rules". [:(] The 1st 10 replies like that , you might consider "funny" (in a crutch sort of way). When that's 90% of the replies you get , it tends to get extremely irritating. I know you guys didn't know that. But Now you do. [:(]

It does tend to sour you on the game somewhat. You start to get the feeling that people don't want to play the game. They simply want a punching bag. [:(]

That's not anger talking. That's frustration. So you guys (Sprior,Dixie and Onime) might want to consider finding a "fill-in" for my part of the team. [:)]

Dixie

Post by Dixie »

I think I talk for both sprior and myself when I say we're fine with sc 1. We should soon be able to actually start on the save! [:D]
[center]Image

Bigger boys stole my sig
USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

ORIGINAL: Dixie

ORIGINAL: sprior

Hey, Yankee dogs, are you wimping out with scenario 1 or man up with scenario 2?

My man! [:D]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

Good Sunday afternoon - Tithe. [&o][&o][&o]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
Onime No Kyo

Post by Onime No Kyo »

It stuff like this that scares me because people wouldnt find it funny if it wasnt true. [X(][:D]

Attachments
Screen Sho..59.46 AM.jpg
Screen Sho..59.46 AM.jpg (105.18 KiB) Viewed 82 times
Onime No Kyo

Post by Onime No Kyo »

Onime No Kyo

Post by Onime No Kyo »

This is why Brazilians win so many World Cups. Appears to be genetic.

AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

So true , so true. It did make teaching Aircraft recognition easy. Too bad they wouldn't let me use USAF charts and slides. [:D]
Symon

Post by Symon »

C'mon down to Chile, pal. We gots Lago Llanquihue with Osorno and Calbuco Vulcan just North and South. Showed pictures of my retirement spot to Torsten, when he was here and you can see clearly the inspiring cone of Osorno to the North over the lakefront, rising over the goats nibbling the grounds clean. I'm on the shore, just about on a line between Osorno and Calbuco. Guess that means I'm on an ancient alien landing ground. Once the fit hits the shan, and I bail, I may have to learn Gal-2. All them clicks and whistles of Gal-7 are beyond me.

Home for waifs. Clean sheets, nice people, good wine, friendly folks, rational place. Ciao.
Nous n'avons pas peur! Vive la liberté! Moi aussi je suis Charlie!
Yippy Ki Yay.
Grollub

Post by Grollub »

Nice to hear that you're ok, John! [:)]

... and concerning your linguistic thoughts about Gal-2 and Gal-7, I wonder if you may have read David Brins uplift books?
“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"
Symon

Post by Symon »

ORIGINAL: Grollub

... and concerning your linguistic thoughts about Gal-2 and Gal-7, I wonder if you may have read David Brins uplift books?
T'ings be most righteous, Per, my friend.

Yes, sir, I have. I put his Startide Rising on my list of "marooned on a desert island with only a couple books to take". You obviously understand why. I've gotten into some very interesting and ecclectic Brit sci-fi authors, that also interest me a bit. I'm doing Iain M. Banks just now and he's a treasure, so far. His storys are brilliant, bizarre, caustic, outre and oh, so relevant. His tech sucks, so that must be put aside in favor of the story, which is like prety scary hot and sumtous.Not bad stuff.

Recommended; Consider Phlebas and The Algebraist. Go from there on your own, but with diminishing returns imho.

Ciao. John
Nous n'avons pas peur! Vive la liberté! Moi aussi je suis Charlie!
Yippy Ki Yay.
Onime No Kyo

Post by Onime No Kyo »

Per was having a bad day. [:(]

Grollub

Post by Grollub »

ORIGINAL: Symon

ORIGINAL: Grollub

T'ings be most righteous, Per, my friend.

Yes, sir, I have. I put his Startide Rising on my list of "marooned on a desert island with only a couple books to take". You obviously understand why. I've gotten into some very interesting and ecclectic Brit sci-fi authors, that also interest me a bit. I'm doing Iain M. Banks just now and he's a treasure, so far. His storys are brilliant, bizarre, caustic, outre and oh, so relevant. His tech sucks, so that must be put aside in favor of the story, which is like prety scary hot and sumtous.Not bad stuff.

Recommended; Consider Phlebas and The Algebraist. Go from there on your own, but with diminishing returns imho.

Ciao. John

I know the feeling. Picked up Startide Rising may years ago in a "hole in the wall" used books dealer while on vacation in Cyprus. A little hard to get into the story during the first fifty pages, but then a total blast. One of those books that leave you with a "sense of wonder" after putting it down.

Thanks for the Banks tip. Have had some cursory glances at them at my local sci-fi book store, but never bought any of them. Given the recommendation, I will try them.

Cheers, Per.
“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"
sprior

Post by sprior »

Consider Phlebas

That was my first one and loved it.
"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

Return to “The War Room”