Air intercepts - originally posted on Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris

The development team behind the award-winning games Decisive Campaigns: From Warsaw To Paris and Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive year and theater of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue simulates the German drive to Stalingrad and into the Caucasus of the summer of 1942, as well as its May preludes (2nd Kharkov offensive, Operation Trappenjagd) and also the Soviet winter counter-offensive (Operation Uranus) that ended with the encirclement of 6th Army in Stalingrad and the destruction of the axis minor armies. With many improvements including the PBEM++ system, this is a release to watch for wargamers!

Moderator: Vic

MTTODD

Air intercepts - originally posted on Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris

Post by MTTODD »

Do you need to do anything for your fighters to intercept enemy aircraft
or does the system do it automatically ?

Many thanks for any help.

P.S - originally posted on Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris but had no reply so thought would try here.
Bonners

RE: Air intercepts - originally posted on Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris

Post by Bonners »

The main thing for your fighters is to set the level of readiness. When you select the unit there is an intercept percentage that you can alter. It goes from 'Dont Intercept' to '>75%' which means that the units will only intercept if they have readiness of 75% or over. On mine I generally keep them at either only intercepting at 75% or at the dont intercept level. If you have them intercepting at 50% or 25% be prepared for some heavy losses. Only use those levels if you are desperate.

Having said that fighters do not automatically intercept, it only means that they will automatically try to intercept. How it is worked out I am not sure, but I presume factors such as AP points left and range come into the equation?
Reconvet

RE: Air intercepts - originally posted on Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris

Post by Reconvet »

I can add remaining action points (=flying miles left) to Bonners list. I also suspect that morale is a factor too for a unit to launch an intercept mission.
The biggest threat for mankind is ignorance.

MTTODD

Post by MTTODD »

Thanks for all your replays.

That helps a lot.

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue”