ground unit reinforcements

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

visigoth

ground unit reinforcements

Post by visigoth »

I'm wondering how it works because one of my units got mauled pretty good when capping an island
so I had it shipped to Espirtu Santo , it was under 200 but it made its way back to 335 but it seems
stuck at that number - its the 23rd marine regiment, i believe its was around 1500 b4 it landed on that
enemy island
crsutton

RE: ground unit reinforcements

Post by crsutton »

You are a little vague here. What is back to 335, the units assault value? Number of combat troops? Post a screen shot of the unit and be a little more descriptive. Somebody will know.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
inqistor

Post by inqistor »

Calculated AV depends on active squads, and fatigue/disruption. So once two latter dimnish, you will see quick recovery. Repairing devices is slower, and replacing destroyed devices slowest.

If unit took much destroyed devices you should put it somewhere in the area of lots of well supplied bases, to get greater chance (for every base) to get replacement.
visigoth

Post by visigoth »

Its the assault value that's stuck at 335- base is well suppled but will move it to Noumea
Puhis

Post by Puhis »

If assault value is already 335, maybe the unit is full strength?
Blackhorse

Post by Blackhorse »

A Marine Regiment won't have an AV of 335 . . . a full-strength US Marine Division can reach the 430s, IIRC.
WitP-AE -- US LCU & AI Stuff

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Moriarty: Crap!
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

ORIGINAL: Blackhorse

A Marine Regiment won't have an AV of 335 . . . a full-strength US Marine Division can reach the 430s, IIRC.

Well, less in 1942 and it won't be anywhere near the 1200 quoted in the original post. Remember he is talking about a marine regiment, not a division. AV should not be more than about 140 or so. Not even the current 200 he quotes.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
visigoth

Post by visigoth »

My mistake I'm stuck at 335 infantry, located at Noumea supplies are at 166,552 - required is 6951, the ops is on rest and yes replacements are on
msieving1

Post by msieving1 »

ORIGINAL: visigoth

My mistake I'm stuck at 335 infantry, located at Noumea supplies are at 166,552 - required is 6951, the ops is on rest and yes replacements are on

If you have 335 infantry squads in the 23rd Marine Regiment, you're not "stuck". You have three times as many squads as that unit is supposed to have. Something's off here.
-- Mark Sieving
visigoth

Post by visigoth »

No it should be around 1200-1300 range compared to all other marine regiments - like i said it got mauled
taking an atoll but it should be getting reinforcements to bring it back up to full strength or close to it
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

You're counting all devices, not INF squads.  Post a Screen shot.

In Noumea, it will take months to regain the devices lost.  You need to move it to a location where there are a lot of nearby bases.  Think LA or SF.
Pax
visigoth

Post by visigoth »

Ok will move it to LA
msieving1

Post by msieving1 »

ORIGINAL: visigoth

No it should be around 1200-1300 range compared to all other marine regiments - like i said it got mauled
taking an atoll but it should be getting reinforcements to bring it back up to full strength or close to it

OK, I see what you're looking at. You're talking about the troop count, not the number of squads.

Moving to a larger base may help, but you need squads in the pool to get reinforcements. If you've taken heavy losses, chances are the pool is depleted. If that's the case, all you can do is wait until more squads are produced. Move the regiment to somewhere safe, set it to train, and leave it to rebuild.

If you want to check the pool, go to the Intelligence screen and click the button for Industry/Troops/Resource Pool. You can use the filters to only show US Marines squads. USMC Rifle Squads have a build rate of 54, so if the pool is empty, it will take 2 months to build enough to restore the regiment (a full strength USMC regiment has 102 Rifle Squads). That's assuming no other units are taking reinforcements (a pretty chancy assumption).

There are other potential problems depending on the date. If you're into 1943, you're producing the USMC Rifle Squad 43, but if you have Upgrades set to Off on the unit, it may be looking for the old squads. Make sure the squads in the regiment match up with what's being produced. The easiest way to do that is just make sure Upgrades are On.
-- Mark Sieving

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”