What a Friend We Have In Jesus - Song

Commander - The Great War is the latest release in the popular and playable Commander series of historical strategy games. Gamers will enjoy a huge hex based campaign map that stretches from the USA in the west, Africa and Arabia to the south, Scandinavia to the north and the Urals to the east on a new engine that is more efficient and fully supports widescreen resolutions.
Commander – The Great War features a Grand Campaign covering the whole of World War I from the invasion of Belgium on August 5, 1914 to the Armistice on the 11th of November 1918 in addition to 16 different unit types including Infantry, Cavalry, Armoured Cars and Tanks, Artillery, Railroad Guns and Armoured Trains and more!

Moderators: Lord Zimoa, MOD_Commander_The_Great_War

LarryP

What a Friend We Have In Jesus - Song

Post by LarryP »

The piano song in this game is an old religious classic named "What A Friend We have In Jesus." I thought this interesting...
Grim.Reaper

RE: What a Friend We Have In Jesus - Song

Post by Grim.Reaper »

U took plunge?
LarryP

Post by LarryP »

ORIGINAL: Grim.Reaper

U took plunge?

There are so few WW1 games, and I'm tired of the Strategic Command series so I took the plunge. [:)]
LarryP

Post by LarryP »

I should have figured. They stole the music.
Empire101

Post by Empire101 »

ORIGINAL: LarryP

There are so few WW1 games, and I'm tired of the Strategic Command series so I took the plunge. [:)]

Good man!![:)]
[font="Tahoma"]Our lives may be more boring than those who lived in apocalyptic times,
but being bored is greatly preferable to being prematurely dead because of some ideological fantasy.
[/font] - Michael Burleigh

LarryP

Post by LarryP »

ORIGINAL: Empire101

Good man!![:)]

This game is FAR better than I expected. Lots of small details that make it special.
Myrddraal

Post by Myrddraal »

I should have figured. They stole the music.

[:)] Over history, soldiers must have come up with alternative lyrics to just about every hymn and traditional song.
Lord Zimoa

Post by Lord Zimoa »

We added this hymne "What a friend we have in Jezus" as a parody, it was very popular in WW1 and the soldier`s parody version was sung in the trenches:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... wfIhl5mn5s

So a nice historical touch, and it's perfect for the period. This song was sung by the British soldiers during WWI. The "When this Bloody War is over" or "When this Lousy War is over" were popular parody`s.
That's the reason why the composer meddled it to one of the ingame tunes.
Grim.Reaper

Post by Grim.Reaper »

Larry, your going to make me buy this game now....I have been so strong in the past week:) But if your saying it is good as well, hard not to pull the trigger.
LarryP

Post by LarryP »

ORIGINAL: Lord Zimoa

We added this hymne "What a friend we have in Jezus" as a parody, it was very popular in WW1 and the soldier`s parody version was sung in the trenches:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... wfIhl5mn5s

So a nice historical touch, and it's perfect for the period. This song was sung by the British soldiers during WWI. The "When this Bloody War is over" or "When this Lousy War is over" were popular parody`s.
That's the reason why the composer meddled it to one of the ingame tunes.

I like the tune in the game. I like all the music in the game. Good choices.

Return to “Commander - The Great War”