Internal Error and many other issues

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
BigKev

Internal Error and many other issues

Post by BigKev »

I have been gaming for decades yet have never posted on a forum before. But I felt I had to this time. The Close Combat series has always been a favorite of mine but...

1) I also am getting an internal error message every time I start to play a specific saved game (operation Hill 314, battle #4). This ends the game application - repeatedly.

2) Different error comply froze my entire computer! Has never happened before on my 1 year old Alienware rig. (Did not repeat so far)

3) I have graphics set to default, yet all of the text in all of the dark drown dialog boxes is too large making reading complete mission briefings and the tutorial text impossible.

4) Unless I play in windowed mode (which I hate), the text in the brown dialog boxes flashes non stop, making reading it impossible, causing eye strain and headache.

5) Unless I set to windowed mode, the mission map is completely unusable. It flashes and looks like there are several screens overlapping and blocking each other. Here too all the text is over sized and makes reading contents impossible.

6) The squad selection window is non-intuitive. Not obvious what clicking on a squad does (add? delete?) Arrow buttons would be helpful(?) And what happens to a squad once deselected? Can't find it again on menu to the right. What if I want to re-select a veteran squad? Where did it go? And why are the menu squad types and names for the German squads all in German? How about English language menus for an English game install?

Note that I have never had any problems like this with any other game or application on this rig. Not sure who decided to release this game in this state with all these UI bugs and fatal errors? [:-]

Finally - so far I am dissapointed that I spent a full $40 on this game which seems to have so little in the way of improvements and has SO MANY bugs.

-KG

Attachments
Internal_Error.jpg
Internal_Error.jpg (11.17 KiB) Viewed 341 times
Bison36

RE: Internal Error and many other issues

Post by Bison36 »

The #3 on the list is most likely do to having your monitor appearance display set to 125% for text. I've got it set it to that on my laptop and it does the same thing to the text in this and many other games.
PipFromSlitherine

Post by PipFromSlitherine »

Sorry you are having some problems. The game has been extensively beta-tested on a variety of systems, none of which have shown the issues you are describing.

The first step to remedy the issue will be to get your system specs, e.g. CPU and video card, so we can try and work out what is going on.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
vinss

Post by vinss »

I'll continue here not to spam the forum.
I've been playing CC series since 1997 CC2. Each and every one of the ww2 titles i own. and this is my first complaingn post ever. Cause i expected more in year 2012...
I played a single MP game
1. when a team runs into a building, when majority of team enters, they report move completed, but last soldiers some 50 meters away stop running and start strolling. there is no way to make them run again!?!? those solders get shot usualy
2. when placing HMG team in a building ou just can not get the main weapon to be placed nicely on the edge of the building, but lies in the middle of the floor?
3. i had comand teams (german) with NO comand radius at all?? even bazooka tema has a command radius
4. tanks avoid roads that have hedges on both sides, even if i plot out several waypoints, they drive around filds nad forests
5. soldiers get fatigued after running 100 meters? realy?
6. all german infantry teams have a MG42. cool, but they are immobile as solders are exhausted... and where are STG 44s?
7. bad visibility of teams and team markers in forest and fog
8. no connection between team list and teams on the field. it used to be that one you select on the team list flashes, now you can not know witch one you select
9. each time you zoom out, and them back in, the team list is turned off, then you have to turn it back on
10. fog looks like there is much dust on my monitor, when you move camera around the map...
11. Multiplayer screen is realy bad, no info on maps, games... no chat window... really old school, but in bad way
12. arty and air support when used on strategic map are way to powerful considering them being used during single battle
13. why you limit platoon chioces AGAIN? it was the biggest mistake for CC4 back in 1999 to limit same things...
14. Batlle stops as both morales get under 50%? isn't that too soon? timer and morale marker should be movable too (as minimap and lists...)
waiting for the patch...
BigKev

Post by BigKev »

Thanks Bison. Your suggestion to change my Windows default font size from 125% to 100% worked for the text spill over issue.

Unfortunately, since my Window's screen resolution is so high, my Windows font is too tiny and affects my desktop and who knows what else. Strange decision that Matrix made, to slave their default font size to the Windows settting font size, without designing their UI to handle different font sizes?! (Have never seen an application do this...)

My next pressing UI issue is the unending text "flashing" while in full screen mode. Hope someone has a suggestion...

Thanks again,

-KG
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

ORIGINAL: BigKev
My next pressing UI issue is the unending text "flashing" while in full screen mode. Hope someone has a suggestion...

This sounds like a video driver issue. What video card are you using, and have you tried updating the driver?

As for playing in Windowed mode, you can get almost the identical experience to full screen mode. Just set your resolution to the same size as your desktop resolution ... this is the default setting when the game is installed, in fact. The only difference is that you may see the Windows task bar at the bottom of the screen.

BigKev

Post by BigKev »

Another internal error and game dump from a different saved game...

Attachments
Internal_Error_5.jpg
Internal_Error_5.jpg (12.81 KiB) Viewed 339 times
BigKev

Post by BigKev »

NONE of my save game files work. They all generate the same "internal error" hex address 46337E... Over and over again... Always while placing units, after loading a saved file (any saved file).

So it is impossible to play anything other than a single battle. This means all "Operations" and "Campaigns" are broken... unless you have hours and hours of uninterrupted free time to play straight through (I do NOT). [:@]

When will the patch be out???

BigKev

Post by BigKev »

Another save game file loaded and another game crash, but this time at a different memory address. I was also able to place most of my units this time before the entire application crashed... (effectively wasting even more of my time.) Unfortunate way to spend a rare day off... Back to single battles again.

Attachments
Internal_Error_16.jpg
Internal_Error_16.jpg (13.16 KiB) Viewed 339 times
BigKev

Post by BigKev »

Yet another "internal error", but this time having nothing to do with any saved game that I created. I was about the forth battle into an "operation", playing straight through (no longer trying to save games), when this error occurred. I was able to play the game for over an hour before this issue occurred... Again the same action causes this error which is placing squads on the map before hitting "begin"...

Attachments
Internal_E..olvement.jpg
Internal_E..olvement.jpg (13.17 KiB) Viewed 339 times
PipFromSlitherine

Please give us your system specifications. Without them it is very difficult to try and remedy the issues you are having.

Cheers

Pip
BigKev

Post by BigKev »

Pip - I emailed my system specs and a sample saved file within minutes of your first request. I replied to your email and attached them there. I assume you have access to the email account in which you sent me your request - correct?

-KG
BigKev

Post by BigKev »

Adding to vinss' list...

I played a single battle last night commanding 5 Shermans. I generally avoid driving my tanks through intersections of roads to avoid AT kill zones. I commanded several of them to plow through hedge rows (not around them). Within a couple minuets of starting the battle, this resulted in 3 of 5 tanks showing status of "tracked" and becoming immobile for the remainder of the battle. This seems somewhat harsh?
WoT

Post by WoT »

I think taking the risk driving through hedgerows should have a high chance of being immobilized... the tanks should just not choose to do it themselves
WoT

Post by WoT »

When I click on a weapon the the force selection screen I dont know what it is????

In earlier versions a description used to pop up saying MP40 or 7.5cm L/12

With PitF there is nothing... how do I know my teams equipment and capabilities?

WoT

Post by WoT »

Is this the public bug testing thread?
Southern Hunter

Post by Southern Hunter »

ORIGINAL: WoT

When I click on a weapon the the force selection screen I dont know what it is????

In earlier versions a description used to pop up saying MP40 or 7.5cm L/12

With PitF there is nothing... how do I know my teams equipment and capabilities?

Good point. It gives the sound effect, which is nice, but I have had to google a couple of things to understand what I was getting. A tooltip or similar would be good.
vinss

Post by vinss »

Adding to the list:
15. Soldiers, especially vehicle teams floating over the map at high speed
16. Very bad response for any command in MP games (i guess bad ping - but how the hell can you see that in that lobby?)
IMHO this is the worst CC released yet [8|]
vinss

Post by vinss »

And yet:
17. AI is sooooo unpatient, it will attack even if much weaker, will run on tanks... [:-] baaaaad
back to LSA until this broken engine is fixed... you did a bad job releasing this. say hi to testers [8|]
PipFromSlitherine

ORIGINAL: BigKev

Pip - I emailed my system specs and a sample saved file within minutes of your first request. I replied to your email and attached them there. I assume you have access to the email account in which you sent me your request - correct?

-KG
If you got an email I assume that it was generated by the forum software, and as such it's a no-reply email address. We use the forums for support. If you can attach your log and save to a forum post that would be most useful.

Cheers

Pip

Return to “Tech Support”