Great Thanksgiving day sale at Strategy First

Achtung Panzer:Operation Star is an Eastern Front wargame with solid graphics and sprawling battlefields that really emphasize the scope of WWII tank combat. The gameplay is a remarkably realistic turn-based and real-time operational/tactical hybrid wargame that continues the series begun by the acclaimed Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943.
Dane49

Great Thanksgiving day sale at Strategy First

Post by Dane49 »

You can't beat this deal for $4.99

Bundle Includes:

Achtung Panzer Operation Star

Achtung Panzer DLC Sokolovo 43

Achtung Panzer DLC Volokonovka 42

Victorian Admirals

Steel Fury

Iron Warriors

Ironclads Anthology

This whole bundle is $4.99,not each ALL OF THEM for $4.99

http://www.strategyfirst.com/games/2681 ... undle.html
Dane49

RE: Great Thanksgiving day sale at Strategy First

Post by Dane49 »

It seems Strategy First is not selling the current version for the DLCs.

So the deal from them is still very good,but if you want current you will still have to buy from Gamersgate.

Still for only $5 that"s a good deal without being version current.I still don't know what was updated or what if any thing was significant to warrant its own new version changes for those DLCs.
wodin

Post by wodin »

I got mine for Strat first awhile ago in a sale and the latest DLC from GG. I didn't post about the sale here as I thought it wasn't fair on Matrix.

Steel Fury with the mods is superb aswell.
Dane49

Post by Dane49 »

It seems to me that Graviteam prefers Gamersgate as the official outlet for this game.At least at GG everything is current and up to date,and all new releases are ready for download same day Graviteam releases it.As far as being fair to Matrix-They deserve nothing but contempt for their poor support and half assed service for this game.All their excuses are old and tired concerning the patches, updates and DLCs.Graviteam would do well to distance themselves from them.
Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

I updated Steel Fury and modded it but could never get into it. Until AP, nothing could ever equal Panzer Elite for me. I still miss the Platoon command and crew/vehicle management of that system. Totally immersive.
WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2
Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

I bought the package and downloaded Iron Warriors. Game won't run. When I searched the Steam forums I saw the same problem reported there. Maybe that's why it's so cheap??? More fool me...
WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2
Dane49

Post by Dane49 »

Like the old addage says"If it looks too good to be true,it probably is".

Regardless,base game for APOS plus 2 DLC for under $5 is still a great bargain,even if the DLCs aren't the current version.The differences between the DLC versions are very minor and to tell the truth I can't tell the difference between old or new version.

But,as I stated before-Gamersgate is probably your only option for purchasing the most current updated versions,now and most likely in the future as well.

Plus,the game will be getting a new name "Graviteam Tactics"and I think Krasnaya Polyana is the last DLC to fall on the Operation Star title.

It also looks to me that Gamersgate will be the only distributor to handle the new branding,since I've heard no mention of any other outlet approved by Graviteam to sell the game on their behalf.

I'm still not clear on all the legal problems they have had with the old titles,but it seems they want to start fresh and control most of the marketing and developement themselves without the hassles and outside interference that plagued the previous titles.
wodin

Post by wodin »

remarkus either way it's a good deal just for AP OS and the two dlc..shame you couldn't get on with Steel fury..i's the only tank sim I've ever enjoyed.

I expect the installation files for all the games are the same as if you'd have bought them separately from anywhere else so I'm sure your problems are nothing to do with the price.

There is one update you can't do to the DLC, something todo with the map..but I haven't missed it to be honest..the normal big patches work fine.

I'm looking forward to the new game..as APOS has got better and better so I'm really excited to see what they do nest. Not to interested in the Campaign..but I am with regards to the future Leningrad DLC.
JiminyJickers

Post by JiminyJickers »

ORIGINAL: redmarkus4

I bought the package and downloaded Iron Warriors. Game won't run. When I searched the Steam forums I saw the same problem reported there. Maybe that's why it's so cheap??? More fool me...

Yeah shame to hear. I bought the same bundle and tried Iron Warriors and it runs fine for me on a Win7 64-bit machine.

There are batch files in the game directory to change the settings that are not available in teh game, it may pay to play around with them to see if it makes any difference.

Return to “Achtung Panzer Operation Star”