stacking

Commander - The Great War is the latest release in the popular and playable Commander series of historical strategy games. Gamers will enjoy a huge hex based campaign map that stretches from the USA in the west, Africa and Arabia to the south, Scandinavia to the north and the Urals to the east on a new engine that is more efficient and fully supports widescreen resolutions.
Commander – The Great War features a Grand Campaign covering the whole of World War I from the invasion of Belgium on August 5, 1914 to the Armistice on the 11th of November 1918 in addition to 16 different unit types including Infantry, Cavalry, Armoured Cars and Tanks, Artillery, Railroad Guns and Armoured Trains and more!

Moderators: Lord Zimoa, MOD_Commander_The_Great_War

Duck Doc

stacking

Post by Duck Doc »

I recall the game does not allow stacking of units. How does this work with infantry & artillery especially in the trenches on the west? Do artillery units go in the line or do they back up infantry? Just curious.
Blubel

RE: stacking

Post by Blubel »

Artillery can fire over 2 hexes and therefore should be behind infantry.
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

The Artillery unit represents massed heavy artillery for offensive barrages. They can't move & fire in the same turn and require Ammunition resources.

They can operate behind a frontline of infantry but if the enemy has counter-battery fire technologies they will take some damage from any enemy artillery units adjacent to their target.
Duck Doc

Post by Duck Doc »

^ Just removed only possible objection to purchase. I am so weak! I have been assimilated.

Return to “Commander - The Great War”