Historical Flag and Insignia Mod 1.20A

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

Wargamer74

Historical Flag and Insignia Mod 1.20A

Post by Wargamer74 »

Please note: This mod is not intended to condone or endorse Nazism, it's only for historical purposes

The Historical Flag and Insiginia Mod has been updated for the 1.20 patch and Allied Corps

After alot of work and thanks to VPaulus's assistance this is a new and improved historical German flag and Insignia Mod that I did. There's two versions available. The first one is very basic and just changes the German, Italian, Hungarian, Slovakian flags along with the medals, headbase and eagle in the purchase screen.

Basic Version Download Mirror 1 http://www.gamefront.com/files/22100690 ... od_1_0_zip

Basic Version Download Mirror 2 http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?9ae1mo905p7j5v5

This version goes farther and changes all the logos with the new eagle along with new rubber stamps and the historical uncensored version of the poster in the middle of the campaign selection screen. The title on the poster "Der Sieg Wird Unser Sein!", tranlates to "The Victory will be ours!".

I hope this isn't too much for the forums, its not my intention to glorify Nazism but rather to mod in the historical symbols that the real Wehrmacht used.

Full Version Download Mirror 1 http://www.gamefront.com/files/23553665 ... _1_20A_zip

Full Version Download Mirror 2 http://www.mediafire.com/download/gnz6o ... _1.20A.zip

To install the mod you can use the Generic Mod Enabler. Full instructions on how to use GME can be found here http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 47&t=27158. If your using GME extract the zip file to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Slitherine\Panzer Corps\MODS" or from within GME click on tasks then import mod. I highly recommend using GME since the mod can be easily disabled if for example you want to post screenshots of the game on a forum or if your playing the game in front of someone who might get sensitive about swastikas, then it can be reinabled at a later time.

You can also install the mod manually by copying and pasting the contents of each folder with the same name in your Panzer Corps install folder.

Afrika Korps Add On

This is a optional add on that can be used with the historical flag and insignia mod when playing the AK expansion. It replaces the eagle in the headbase and purchase screen with a Afrika korps insignia. It also includes a briefing letter with a AK rubber stamp. With the 1.20 patch the add on can be used along with the historical flag and insignia mod, when you click on the ak icon and load up a scenario or campaign it will use the AK headbase.

AK Add On Download Mirror 1 http://www.gamefront.com/files/23556958 ... 0A.zipAKAK

Add On Download Mirror 2 http://www.mediafire.com/?7xgl6gzm6m22528

A few notes about the mod:

With the 1.20 patch the mod will switch between the original logo when clicking on the Allied Corps Icon on the campaign selection screen and the modified logo with the nazi eagle when clicking on either the wehrmacht or AK icons. Also Allied Corps or Afrika Korps is not required for the mod to work properly.

Some will probably notice the eagle faces to the left rather than the right. It's supposed to be a Officer Visor Cap insignia which historically along with Wehrmacht breast eagles always faced left. I thought it was perfect since from a roleplay point of view you're a German Officer or General. For a historical comparison you can look here on the Axis History website http://www.axishistory.com/axis-nations ... ignia-heer

I included a modified version of the panzer_taskwindow_02_03.png that is loosely based on actual WWII German military documents that I figure not everybody will like, if you don't want it make sure to delete the image before installing the mod.

The full version also comes with the library German plane images from the 1.10 patch before the swastika emblems were removed in 1.11.

Credits:
All artwork done by me except for the Afrika Korps Icon on the campaign selection screen along with the Hungarian,Italian,and Slovakian flags by Vpaulus.
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."- Ben Franklin
thorrr

RE: New Historical Flag and Insignia Mod

Post by thorrr »

Great work, thanks!

As far as i see, all necessary graphics except "panzer_taskwindow_02_03.png" are perfectly modded.
Wargamer74

Post by Wargamer74 »

Thanks[:)]

If your talking about the briefing screen I decided to leave it as it was because putting the new logo in it and making it look good was just to hard but I may still try something else in a future update to the mod. 
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."- Ben Franklin
GSlapshot

Afrika Korps Flags

Post by GSlapshot »

How can I use the flag mod on the Afrika Korps add on?
kingy10kingy

RE: Afrika Korps Flags

Post by kingy10kingy »

HOW TO INSTALL THIS MOD PLEASE?
VPaulus

RE: Afrika Korps Flags

Post by VPaulus »

parusski

Post by parusski »

Very good. Thanks.
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
Wargamer74

Post by Wargamer74 »

I haven't been on the forums in awhile.[:)]

Like VPaulus says just use the Generic Mod Enabler or if you don't mind overwriting the original files just copy and paste the contents of the folders with the same name.
Wargamer74

Post by Wargamer74 »

The Historical Flag and Insignia Mod has been updated for the 1.10 patch and Afrika Korps.[:)]
GSlapshot

Post by GSlapshot »

Thanks Scott. Another fine job and an enhancement to the franchise
GSlapshot

Post by GSlapshot »

I assume this mod is still compatiable with 1.11 and the new expansion?
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: GSlapshot

I assume this mod is still compatiable with 1.11 and the new expansion?
Yes.[:)]
Leatherface59

Post by Leatherface59 »

Thanks for this incredible work ! Now i can buy the game [&o]
Wargamer74

Post by Wargamer74 »

I made a new AK add on that can be used with the mod when playing the Afrika Korps expansion for anyone that wants it. You can find the download link at the top of the thread.
Wargamer74

Post by Wargamer74 »

The mod has been updated for the 1.14 patch. The only thing new is the Grand Campaign '39 tree art in the library now has the historical flag.[:)]
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

Thank you
"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
Wargamer74

Post by Wargamer74 »

I've updated the mod to be fully compatible with the 1.20 patch and Allied Corps though AC is not required for the mod to work correctly. Now when you click on the Allied Corps icon on the campaign selection screen the game will switch over to the original logo (obviously it wouldn't look appropiate to have a nazi eagle when running the allied theme) and when clicking on the wehrmacht or afrika corps icons it will switch to the logo with the nazi eagle. In case anyones wondering how this works, when the game loads the allied theme it first looks in the expansion2\ac folder and whatever it can't find it loads from the base game so by adding the original campaign screen in that folder it will use that instead of the modified version from my mod. It shoudn't cause any issues but just in case make sure to use GME with the mod so you can restore the vanilla artwork if there's any problems.

Also all the allied scenario selection maps have been updated with Vpaulus's historical Italian flag and my German flag and all the German rubber stamps have been replaced with Allied High Command rubber stamps.

IckieStickie

Post by IckieStickie »

Hi all,are these Mods still working?anyone know thanks..,i think my PC is the latest version to date and i came across this just now whilst searching for the SAME thing but for Close Combat Cross of iron(cc3) and it lead me here bizarrely?:) However i do have Panzercorp and Afrika korp DLC and would also like to see these with Classic insignia :)great stuff and thanks to scott900091 for the effort and Von Paulus for allowing it to be put up:)[&o]Im off to continue my search for CC3 Classic insignia,if anyone has a handy link pm me thanks:)

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”