Loading Chancellorsville

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_ScourgeofWar

RobboJ

Loading Chancellorsville

Post by RobboJ »

I have downloaded SOW - Chancellorsville to my SOW - Gettysburg folder. I can find the "modifications" and can see the "user scenarios" for SOW - Chancellorsville. However, when I try to start a scenario, I get the SOW - Gettysburg Initiating screen with the name of the SOW - Chancellorsville scenario at the bottom. The initiating never happens. The screen stays frozen in that state.
By contrast, if I try to load a SOW - Gettysburg scenario, not only do I see the progam run through the loading sequence successfully, but I also get a SOW - Chancellorsville Initiating screen right after a SOW - Gettysburg screen. This tells me I have most of the right parts loaded, but something is still wrong.
I am running Vista and have loaded SOW to the recommended folder, which is not in a Programs File.
Does anyone have any suggestions on tricks I could try?

-Robbo J.
LittlePowell_NSD

RE: Loading Chancellorsville

Post by LittlePowell_NSD »

The Chancellorsville scenarios should be found in the Additional Battles menu, not the User Scenarios. Do you have them there? Are you able to load the maps in Sandbox?
NSD Map/Scenario Lead
RobboJ

Post by RobboJ »

I don't remember now whether it was Additional Battles or User Scenarios. It took me a while to find the battles, but it was actually just like the manual says. I'll check again either tomorrow or Friday. But all the Chancellorsville battles were displayed on the upper right hand side with the choice of general to the lower right. For example, the first scenario was for Longstreet only.
I don't recall seeing anything in the Sand Box, but I'll check again. Thanks for the interest.

-Robbo J.
RobboJ

Post by RobboJ »

I don't see anything in the Additional Battles screen except the Scenario Description box is an odd yellow color versus the dark grey of the other boxes.
In the Sandbox I can load the maps and troops, but they are Gettysburg maps plus a few odd ones like Mac Map, East Cavalry Field, Kansas and Alpine, 8 in total. The Sandbox does have an OOB for Chancellorsville.
User Scenarios has what appears to be the 6 Chancellorsville Scenarios with a Scenario Description for each and the appropriate commander selected. But those scenarios will not launch. For example, the Initialization Screen will have the message "Loading CV22e-May 3-Sedgwich vs Longstreet (U-Corps)", but the scenario never loads.
Any ideas?
-Robbo J
Jim_NSD

Post by Jim_NSD »

It sounds like you have the CV mods installed but not the main CV battle pack. I would suggest registering your code on the main MG site, then delete your CV installer, download a new copy of the CV installer from Matrix and run through the full install again. Also note that you must be patched up to version 1.5 on GB. If you are not, then run the 1.5 patch installer and then re-install CV.

-Jim
Design Lead: Scourge of War

"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont Infantry, 2 July 1863
RobboJ

Post by RobboJ »

Jim,
You have hit upon it. I did not know there was a SOW v1.5. I installed it. Then I had to improvise.
You see I could not find a Chanc' uninstall routine. So I simply re-installed it (sometimes brute force works). When I next ran SOW, the Chanc' scenarios appeared in the Additional Battles screen. And I am now off to give that pompous Joe Hooker a thump in'. Thanks!
-Robbo J

Return to “Tech Support”