Public Beta updated v1.12 Now Available!

This exciting new release is a faithful adaptation of the renowned Conflict of Heroes board game that won the Origins Historical Game of the Year, Charles Roberts Wargame of the Year and the James F. Dunnigan Design Elegance Award, as well as many others!

Designed and developed in cooperation with Uwe Eickert, the original designer of Conflict of Heroes, and Western Civlization Software, the award-winning computer wargame studio, no effort has been spared to bring the outstanding Conflict of Heroes gameplay to the computer. Conflict of Heroes includes an AI opponent as well as full multiplayer support with an integrated forum and game lobby. To remain true to the core gameplay of the board game, the PC version is designed to be fun, fast and easy to play, though hard to master. The game design is also historically accurate and teaches and rewards platoon and company-level combined arms tactics without overwhelming the player with rules.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

Andrew Loveridge

Public Beta updated v1.12 Now Available!

Post by Andrew Loveridge »

Hi Everyone,

A new update is available in the Members Club. It is a Beta with a couple of AI fixes, and additional features, including using CAP for Initiative rolls and Campaign Mod support, to the release version.

Change History:
Update V1.12
    [b]Fixes[/b] [ul]
  • AI units sometimes attacking too many times.
  • AI moving tanks into terrain which is likely to get them stuck.
Added features
  • You can now change your game options from the lobby screen using the new "Options" button.
  • There is a new button in the CAPs area that allows you to set CAP spending on your initiative roll made at the start of your next turn.
  • Added preference for smaller unit information bar.
  • Added basic support for campaigns.
    Players can now advance all surviving units between multiple firefights. Surviving units have a chance to gain experience; this chance is 50% for green units, and 10% less for every higher level of experience, so that veteran units have only a 10% chance of becoming elite. Surviving units are available in the new firefight as reinforcements that enter on the first turn in the standard point buy setup area ("GermanSetup" or "RussianSetup")

Note that we don't yet have any firefights that use these parameters.

In the scenario XML file use these tags:
    • GetPiecesFromCampaignName - name of scenario from which to import pieces (from the XML name tag, not the file name)
    • CampaignGainExperienceFactor - multiplies the chance that units moving to a new firefight will gain experience (e.g., setting this to 2 will make green units have a 100% chance to gain experience, veteran units a 20% chance to become elite)
[/ul]
Changes for beta v1.6
Jamm

RE: Public Beta updated v1.12 Now Available!

Post by Jamm »

Awesome, downloading.
Can't wait to start on some campaigns.
When the going gets weird,... the weird turn pro
Hunter S Thompson

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jamm-wor ... =bookmarks
Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

Hello:

1) How do I get the beautiful 2-D boards that Eric displayed on another thread yesterday. Is it an in-game option?

2) Previously I updated to 1.5 and now used this v1.12. Is that all I need to get up todate?

Thanks,

Gerry
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

1. The option is in the Preferences screen. Select under "Board-Game Style Map" the "Giant Sized" option.

2. I don't have anything directly to do with the installer, but I think that what you have should be sufficient.
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

ORIGINAL: Jamm
Awesome, downloading.
Can't wait to start on some campaigns.

Great! Let me know if you have any questions on how to implement this, or any suggestions for improving it. This is a really bare-bones campaign mechanism. I have a lot of ideas for improving it, but am unsure of which items to make a priority.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Jamm, let me know when you piece together your campaign that we started testing. I can play this weekend.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

eric are we able to join the lobby with this one? Previous beta would not allow it.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

You should be able to join the lobby now. Let me know if you have any problems. The lobby now displays the version number of everybody connected. You can trying playing the game with someone who has a different version number, but it may not be stable.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Tried it, crashed. Error message in Tech Support forum.
Charly G

Post by Charly G »

I'm a novice with preferences. Is it good for maximum effects ? Thanks.

Attachments
Sanstitre.jpg
Sanstitre.jpg (228.8 KiB) Viewed 218 times
z1812

Post by z1812 »

I have the 1.6 beta installed. How do I install 1.12. One over the other? Thanks for any replies.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Go to the members area, log in, find it, download the exe, run it like an installer.
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

ORIGINAL: Charly G

I'm a novice with preferences. Is it good for maximum effects ? Thanks.

That looks good.
Charly G

Post by Charly G »

Eric, Thank you.
z1812

Post by z1812 »

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

Go to the members area, log in, find it, download the exe, run it like an installer.

Thanks for the information Junk.
DoubleDeuce

Post by DoubleDeuce »

Argh, of course I am slammed at work and haven't had time to download this yet. [:@]
EagleMountainDK

Post by EagleMountainDK »

Is there a mirror somewhere? I can't get the download to start ??? 0,0 of 1,1 GB 3 hours left.... [&:]
qufourthree

Post by qufourthree »

Hello Andrew
When I try and download the 1.12 beta file, the downloading starts but I get timed out and it stops some point during the downloading. I also get a error message 503 when I try and re-enter the downloading. I am connected to the internet by DSL.
[&:] Any solutions to this problem.

TIA Christopher. [:)]
Duck Doc

Post by Duck Doc »

This is TMOADL (The Mother Of All Downloads). Got it on the second try. But I am confused. Does this update contain the improved counter graphics? Will there likely be any changes to this patch when it is made official & not public beta? Doesn't seem like there will be a gazillion people testing it but I may be wrong.
Charly G

Post by Charly G »

For the Scenarios made by other players:
In order to play them in the Lobby, if I understand, I need to use the Customlobbyfirefights and Maps files now.

I have found the Readme note (Copy the scenario files of any custom firefights you wish to play over the COH lobby to this directory.
Copy the corresponding map files to your Data/Maps/ directory.
Your lobby opponent must put identical copies of these files in the same locations on his hard-drive).

IT IS IMPORTANT EVERY PLAYER USE THE SAME PROCEDURE.

Return to “Conflict of Heroes Series”