The strangest thing I've seen in years

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

IainMcNeil

The strangest thing I've seen in years

Post by IainMcNeil »

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
ilovestrategy

RE: The strangest thing I've seen in years

Post by ilovestrategy »

I would think maybe a rival Dev?
After 16 years, Civ II still has me in it's clutches LOL!!!
Now CIV IV has me in it's evil clutches!
Josh

Post by Josh »

I say a very very frustrated person with too much time on his hands, what a very strange thing to do...
wodin

Post by wodin »

Very unlikely to be a rival dev, Matrix\Slitherine don't develop games on the whole anyway they are a publisher.

This is more likely something personal and very likely not to be a member of the wargame community.

Iain the whole voting system for CTGW is now really broken..as everyone is posting review marks of 10, which is just as skewed as someone posting scores of 1....so really I'd ask metaric to take down the games for abit...
Arctic Blast

Post by Arctic Blast »

What in the world? Hopefully this somehow gets sorted out for you guys.
Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily.
JDM

Post by JDM »

All, some of you may have already seen posts on this bizarre affair, this malicious attack on one of the hardest working development teams in the business is both disgraceful and unfair. So, what can be done to balance the scales:-).Well here goes, If anyone can provide credible information, sent to me privately, that leads to the identification of this individual, I will personally pay a reward of £1000 and at no stage whatsoever will the identity of our aspiring Internet sleuth be revealed
Good Hunting
JD McNeil
Slitherine/Matrix Games
redcoat

Post by redcoat »

£1000. I wish I could help. [:D]
“‘Who controls the past,’ ran the Party slogan, ‘controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.’”

George Orwell, 1984
sullafelix

Post by sullafelix »

I am really sorry this happened and downloaded and really like the mods from the dev team when they started. I also had the chance to test one of their newest creations.

Having said that the above post stumps me. If someone wants to maliciously post incorrect and lying bad reviews about a game M/S release the action is abhorrent especially when this person opens numerous accounts to do so. we are a small community of wargamers with a small piece of even the wargaming pie as a whole.

I am just not sure that setting a bounty on his head is appropriate. I am kind of at a loss for words over the above post. I am not a lawyer but in the many cases where actual defamation of character has occured and used to be sued over if it was in print has been swept under the rug as freedom of speech on this side of the pond.

Good luck with your hunt although I do not know what it will get you.

You also must understand that I have never listened to a critic or reviewer in my life, unless it was to laugh at their doodlings after I have read a book or watched the movie etc.. I wouldn't care about any scores that M/S get on their games because if you read many posts about wargames out side of the wargaming circles they think we are mostly neonazis who revel in killing.

But this is just my take on the " game scores " in reviews.
Windows 7 home premium 64
Intel quad core I7
16 gig
AMD R9 200 series

Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

ORIGINAL: JDM

All, some of you may have already seen posts on this bizarre affair, this malicious attack on one of the hardest working development teams in the business is both disgraceful and unfair. So, what can be done to balance the scales:-).Well here goes, If anyone can provide credible information, sent to me privately, that leads to the identification of this individual, I will personally pay a reward of £1000 and at no stage whatsoever will the identity of our aspiring Internet sleuth be revealed
Good Hunting
JD McNeil
Slitherine/Matrix Games

[&:]
wodin

Post by wodin »

Garry..JDM is the big boss...I'm sure he is fuming about this. However like I said in the other post..maybe Lordz\Matrix and Slitherine need to look at possible private grudge rather than wargaming one, as I can't see it being a member of the wargame community to be honest. I can't see how anyone could be that mad with them because of games.

I'd hate for innocent people to be named or their names thrown in the mix though.
JDM

Post by JDM »

I would like to publicly thank those of you who took the trouble to write, your support is very much appreciated. I would also like to thank those who provided helpful information. [;)] I will be in touch shortly. Your suggestions of what we should do with the perpetrator were interesting[:-]

Your sense of fair play and comradeship have given us a real boost, you turned what started as a very nasty incident into an uplifting experience. Both the Lordz Games studios and the team want to offer you our sincere thanks.

Best wishes
JDM
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

ORIGINAL: wodin

Garry..JDM is the big boss...I'm sure he is fuming about this.

I didnt' see a Matrix logo or anything in his post so I was sort of wondering...
wodin

Post by wodin »

It's Iain's Dad hence same last name.

Return to “General Discussion”