Question about supply

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

Kensai

Question about supply

Post by Kensai »

Hi,

just started a game this WE as Germany and after the 2nd turn I've run already into supply problems.

I've taken Riga in turn 1 and Minsk in turn 2 and after that my Panzergroups have about 18 MP when turn 3 starts.

I've moved the Corps HQs so all their units are within ranges. I've converted as much rail as I could and the flew mostly supply missions (I think even those divisions with about 75% fuel are low on MP).

Is there anything I'm missing?
carlkay58

RE: Question about supply

Post by carlkay58 »

Not really - turn 3 is a supply stretch for the Germans, particularly for the panzers.
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

I assume you meant you flew lots of air transport missions delivering Fuel. Unless I"m forgetting something, for a unit with 75% fuel, I'd expect that you'd have a lot more than 18 MPs. The divisions have a lot of excess fuel on turn 1, so they generally can roll for 2 turns and then assuming they are far into the Soviet Union, fuel will become a problem.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
Kensai

Post by Kensai »

I assume you meant you flew lots of air transport missions delivering Fuel. Unless I"m forgetting something, for a unit with 75% fuel, I'd expect that you'd have a lot more than 18 MPs. The divisions have a lot of excess fuel on turn 1, so they generally can roll for 2 turns and then assuming they are far into the Soviet Union, fuel will become a problem.

Well, as it turned out, I was just very stupid. The HQ of those units was out of command range, so they had only ~18MP left.

Seems like I had it to learn the hard way.

Thanks for the answers :)
pauk

Post by pauk »

Hey guys,

may i jump with another question regarding supply/fuel?

What happens with supply/fuel captured from the enemy. When i move my units next to soviet non-combat units such as HQ's and air bases, my units capture xy tones of supply or fuel. Everything is clear until now.

Where this supply gone? I check at the units, but those captured supply/fuel arent added to unit supply/fuel. Same goes for units HQ. No change of supply/fuel level :(

elmo3

Post by elmo3 »

Your answer is in section 15.14 of the manual:
15.14. Captured Supplies and Fuel

The retreat or displacement move of any unit may result in the capture of supplies and/or fuel. The captured material will be added as damaged supply or fuel depots to the HQ unit to which the combat unit that caused the retreat or displacement move is attached. A text message will display in the map area whenever enemy material is captured.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”