Scenario ideas

Post content for the H3 Database here.
Mgellis

Scenario ideas

Post by Mgellis »

I would like to start a thread on scenario ideas for H3/ANW.

First topic...just in general, what kind of scenarios would people like to see? More Cold War or post-Cold War 1990s/2000s scenarios? More near future scenarios? Convoys in the Atlantic? Pirate hunting off the Horn of Africa? Any particular countries you would like to see face off against each other? What kinds of conflicts do you think would make good Harpoon scenarios and why?
JSF

RE: Scenario ideas

Post by JSF »

I´ve been always fond of this large multicarrier and convoy battles in the Nort Atlantic, e.g. Cold War.
Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

ORIGINAL: JSF

I´ve been always fond of this large multicarrier and convoy battles in the Nort Atlantic, e.g. Cold War.

I like them, too. As a scenario writer, I sometimes feel a little iffy about them. I am not sure I have anything new to add--I always end up feeling like I am just creating a variation of a scenario other people have already written.
Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

One kind of scenario I would like to write more of is more smaller Cold War scenarios...but I'm trying to figure out situations that would work and which make sense. I know historically there were a lot of "sneak a sub into X and remain on station for a while and gather intelligence" but unless the other guys are actually going to start shooting at the submarine, it is not much of a scenario. Of course, one can always assume that the submarine is a) too close to shore and b) has not responded to whatever warnings are being used to make it surface and so the other side IS starting to shoot for real.

I'm trying to figure out situations where a couple of small task forces (one Soviet and one NATO) would end up shooting at each other, with or without a larger war going on...any suggestions? Any actual events from history?

Return to “H3 Database and Scenarios”