Age of Steam [CLOSED]

Post here to meet players for MP games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderator: Vic

hadley

RE: Age of Steam [RECRUITING]

Post by hadley »

Hi, guys!

On my last turn the game posted a message to the effect that I may be trying to copy the game file. This is not the case. This is what I think happened. I'm playing ATG on a MacBook that has its hard drive partitioned into an OS X side and a Windows XP side. Obviously, ATG is on the Windows side. When I complete my turns, I put them in the dropbox folder; however, for some reason, dropbox sometimes fails to connect to the internet and I don't know why. When this happens, I transfer the file from the Windows dropbox to the Mac dropbox, which doesn't seem to have this problem. The file then uploads.

The problem arises the next time I use Windows and the dropbox does connect. It ends up with two copies of the same turn, the one that didn't upload the previous attempt and a downloaded turn that comes full circle from my Mac upload. The game is seeing this as an attempt to copy the file. I suppose that if I delete the file from the Windows dropbox after uploading it via Mac that the problem may go away. I'll try to do this from now on. Sorry for causing any confusion, just trying to give full disclosure.

Happy Hunting! ~ Doug

P.S. ~ Turn to Kombrig.
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Hadley I have been warned about you. Thanks for your explanation or I would not know what to think. Love my start stuck in the middle of Island.
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

hadley

Post by hadley »

ORIGINAL: ironduke1955

Hadley I have been warned about you.

Not sure how to take this... Has someone implied that I've been dishonest?

~ hadley

SailingGuy

Post by SailingGuy »

ORIGINAL: hadley

ORIGINAL: ironduke1955

Hadley I have been warned about you.

Not sure how to take this... Has someone implied that I've been dishonest?

~ hadley

I don't think so. Note the [:)] in the upper left (headliner) of Ironduke's message.
Phil
aka SailingGuy

To his dog, every man is Napoleon; hence the constant popularity of dogs.
~Aldous Huxley
hadley

Post by hadley »

OK... Now I see it... Just wanted to make sure.

Happy Hunting!

~ hadley

P.S. (@ Ironduke) ~ I sympathize completely with your starting position!
Sucks not to have your capitol be a port in a water world.

ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

I received a warning on loading my turn hence the wording. I have been warned about you. As the reason why I received the warning was explained at length in your previous post. I assumed (Assumption being the mother of all cockups) that you would get it.[:)]
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

hadley

Post by hadley »

I'm a bit slow sometimes... [:D]

Happy Hunting!

~ Doug aka hadley
Tophat1815

Post by Tophat1815 »

How is this game going?
hadley

Post by hadley »

Lot's of water...
Still looking for bad guys...
At least two players starting on islands without production ports.
(ie~ Can't build ships to get off the islands.)
Did I mention lot's of water? [:)]
Tophat1815

Post by Tophat1815 »

Was this a mod of any kind? I saw mentioned resources were used to simulate coal consumption for your early ships correct? Very interesting concept but seems a little more land area might be an idea for the next try.
kombrig

Post by kombrig »

I occupied a previously unoccupied city and it has production power zero. Is it the case with all such cities?
hadley

Post by hadley »

ORIGINAL: kombrig

I occupied a previously unoccupied city and it has production power zero. Is it the case with all such cities?

If I understand your question correctly, what you need to do is set production for the city you captured. First click on the production button that has the factory pic on it. The city's current production will be shown. In the case of a newly captured city, the four production slots will be empty. You must select what you want each slot to produce. As long as the city is manned by your people type, you may produce anything that you have available to you, but if the city is manned by a different people type, you are limited to political points or resource production. In addition, make sure that you assign your city's production to the desired HQ, otherwise, it doesn't know where to deliver what it has produced.

Hope this helps... Happy Hunting!

~ Doug
kombrig

Post by kombrig »

Hadley, I meant that the city has zero production points. I can select all the slots but the production output is zero.
hadley

Post by hadley »

Hadley, I meant that the city has zero production points. I can select all the slots but the production output is zero.

Ok, now I think I understand what you are saying. When you first take a city, the production is zero, but on your next turn a portion of the city's production will return. It will continue to increase each turn until it finally reaches 100% of production. Think of it as a city getting back on its feet after coming under new management. I think somewhere in the loc info it tells you how much is recovered each turn.

Happy Hunting!

~ hadley aka Doug
hadley

Post by hadley »

We seem to have stalled. Who's up?

~ Doug
kombrig

Post by kombrig »

Turn to Sail. Hadley, it's indeed like you said - the city is gaining production points step by step.
hadley

Post by hadley »

Turn to Sail. Hadley, it's indeed like you said - the city is gaining production points step by step.

Glad to help... Now, surrender!!! [:D]

Happy Hunting!

~ Doug
SailingGuy

Post by SailingGuy »

Hey guys,
I will be out of town for the holiday and will not have access to a computer.
Fair winds,
Phil
Phil
aka SailingGuy

To his dog, every man is Napoleon; hence the constant popularity of dogs.
~Aldous Huxley
hadley

Post by hadley »

HI, All!

Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving! Looking forward to get'n things rolling again!

Happy Hunting!

~ Doug
hadley

Post by hadley »

On my last turn, I realized something about "Age of Steam". The map is really BIG! [:D]

Happy Hunting!

~ Doug

Return to “Opponents Wanted”