FWTP: Scenarios Wanted

The team behind the award-winning game Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive early days of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris is the first in an innovative series of operational World War II wargames that also include a strategic element. The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris simulates Germany’s military successes in Poland and France in 1939 and 1940 (including also a hypothetical “Sea Lion” invasion of Great Britain).

Moderator: Vic

Zaratoughda

FWTP: Scenarios Wanted

Post by Zaratoughda »

Just one person's opinion but, there are those that really like the campaign games but then there are those of us that, don't have as much time and like smaller scenarios.

I should say here that, I mentioned this to Joel Billings when WITE was first getting started and, he not only agreed but in fact signed me up to do them and thus the 7 'Road to' scenarios in WITE were born.

Now, I am not a grognard by any means and so what I ended up doing, was taking the campaign game that Gary Grigsby had already generated, and deleting, deleting, deleting, and thus coming up with Road to Leningrad, Road to Moscow, etc.

Much of this applies to FWTP.

The Polish campaign is a complete campaign but can be broken up into smaller, more managable, scenarios. I would think it would just be 2 of them, AGN and AGS. Not sure if these should be 1 or 2 day turns but, if the latter it would just be taking what Vic has done and deleting, deleting, deleting, and generating the smaller scenarios.

Then there are the invasions of Denmark and Norway and this would be a bigger project as there is nothing to start with including the maps, and this all would have to be generated.

But, there is Case Yellow, and much like 18A and the Netherlands, there is 6A and Belgium, and beyond that there essentially is AGB and the invasion through the Ardennes.

So, I can see four smaller scenarios that can be developed just by taking what Vic has already done and deleting, deleting, deleting.

Any takers, or is this something I get to do if I can find the time??

Thanks,

Z
TAIL_GUNNER

RE: FWTP: Scenarios Wanted

Post by TAIL_GUNNER »

This would be pretty easy...cropping the map is quickly done under the 'Setng' tab in the editor. Not sure if you could crop the map with units already present on it...

I am making a gigantic Fall Gelb scenario at the present.....I may take your suggestions and chop it up when completed.
AKA "Juggalo"

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris”