Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Trailer Released!

Gamers can find out here about the latest happenings from Matrix and its partners.

Moderator: MOD_PressReleases

Scott Parrino

Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Trailer Released!

Post by Scott Parrino »

From the fog comes more action!

We are excited to release the newest Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog trailer, providing a dramatic reveal of a few gameplay scenes for the upcoming real-time tactical strategy game. Other surprises lurk in the trailer itself, such as the force selection screen and more!

The trailer is now able to be viewed on either the Matrix Games or Slitherine YouTube channels. Be sure to also subscribe to the channels to view the latest videos, trailers, and more as they become available!

Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog is the latest upcoming release in the critically-acclaimed Close Combat series. Centered on the German Army’s counter-attack at Mortain, France in 1944, Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog tasks the players with leading the counter-attack or commanding the Allies as they make their stand against the Wehrmacht’s last-ditch effort. Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog is receiving an all-star treatment as the final 2D Close Combat: updated 32-bit visuals, new features such as mounting units and troops, and an enhanced multiplayer lobby system from Slitherine.

For more information on Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog, check out the official product pages on the Matrix Games or Slitherine website.
Scott Parrino
Public Relations Manager
Slitherine/Matrix Games
Follow us on Twitter and on Facebook!
DampSquib

RE: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Trailer Released!

Post by DampSquib »

Quote "Just wait until the next trailer, from what I've seen so far it'll really blow your socks off :) "

No,no it didn't.
That was lackluster at best :(

IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Thanks for the feedback but we'll have to agree to disagree. I really like the trailer and how the game is looking. If you compare the new version with an older one aside by side you'll see huge improvements in all areas. Maybe you're remembering the previous iteration with rose coloured glasses as the 32 bit graphics really change the way everything looks.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
MikeAP

Post by MikeAP »

I'm going to agree with Damp on this one....This isn't a Call of Duty crowd, and this isn't some super secret Black Ops game. We know what the game franchise looks like, there's no need to add filler or hide anything from us. The trailer hardly shows any game play or graphical improvements that we've heard so much of in the last few months.

And speaking of the material that it DID present, I'm a little disappointed. The few seconds of gameplay that I did see looks like vehicles still move really sluggishly. Also, in regards to the 32-bit graphic thing that I keep hearing about, I honestly can't tell a difference.

I dont want to jump to conclusions, but the issue of poor pathfinding of previous titles was raised in the forums. If pathfinding is still poor, I'm going to be really upset. I'm just going to put this out there; If your game is going to look like its from 1997, then it better play like its from 2012. Meaning; I can deal with the old style graphics but if it still going to have poor pathfinding then that's just unacceptable.

But hey. It could be good.
Fred98

Post by Fred98 »

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

I really like the trailer and how the game is looking.

We cannot see how the game looks from the trailer.

e_barkmann

Post by e_barkmann »

Pathfinding and infantry survivability - fixed?
Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

All valid issues. The problem for me is I already have 5 CC games and I still occasionally play them all. Do I really need a sixth? There are kids starving in China, ya know.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi Mike,
ORIGINAL: MikeAP
I dont want to jump to conclusions, but the issue of poor pathfinding of previous titles was raised in the forums. If pathfinding is still poor, I'm going to be really upset. I'm just going to put this out there; If your game is going to look like its from 1997, then it better play like its from 2012. Meaning; I can deal with the old style graphics but if it still going to have poor pathfinding then that's just unacceptable.

Have you played Last Stand Arnhem or the other CC releases after the mega-updates? Those made massive improvements in pathfinding and also improvements in AI, well beyond anything that had been accomplished with CC before.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
MikeAP

Post by MikeAP »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
Have you played Last Stand Arnhem or the other CC releases after the mega-updates? Those made massive improvements in pathfinding and also improvements in AI, well beyond anything that had been accomplished with CC before.

Regards,

- Erik

Yes, but tanks still zig-zag along roads.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi Mike,

Ok, is that your only complaint or is there something else you are hoping was addressed? If you post more specifically, I'm sure we can check with the development team and the latest build to see how things look.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
DampSquib

Post by DampSquib »

Will this get a Demo ?

Return to “Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix”