ship updat question

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Buck Beach

ship updat question

Post by Buck Beach »

Can anybody tell me if I remove the armaments from a ship (in the ships menu in the editor) prior to the start of the game, can I upgrade to the armed configuration to the same class of that date during the game?

Example: Research shows a ship to be unarmed at game start but arms during 1st quarter 1942 and I don't want to add another class update line.

Hope the question makes sense.

Buck
NormS3

RE: ship updat question

Post by NormS3 »

Buck,

if I understand you, you want to add to a current ships armament, like AA guns, after you have started the game?

In my experiance, you can alter the tonnage, durability, armor, range, anything on the top of the editor page and it will correct when you reload the game. just click yes to any changes.

The guns, torps, radar, ect will not upodate. You can add a class update, make it take a day, and your new changes will take hold when you restart the game and then you spend a turn up gunning your ship.

Hope this helps.

Norm
Buck Beach

Post by Buck Beach »

ORIGINAL: Norm3

Buck,

if I understand you, you want to add to a current ships armament, like AA guns, after you have started the game?

In my experiance, you can alter the tonnage, durability, armor, range, anything on the top of the editor page and it will correct when you reload the game. just click yes to any changes.

The guns, torps, radar, ect will not upodate. You can add a class update, make it take a day, and your new changes will take hold when you restart the game and then you spend a turn up gunning your ship.

Hope this helps.

Norm

I was trying to get sneaky by removing the guns and then upgrade to the same class but I guess the game is to smart for me.

Buck
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

You could create the ship of that class but set the armaments to 0 devices.
This would then be treated as a "repair-like" refit to get the correct weapons for the class.

I think one or two ships are like this in the scenario #1. The ship hadn't received its radar (so number was 0) but others in the class had. (??)
Michael
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

ORIGINAL: michaelm

You could create the ship of that class but set the armaments to 0 devices.
This would then be treated as a "repair-like" refit to get the correct weapons for the class.

I think one or two ships are like this in the scenario #1. The ship hadn't received its radar (so number was 0) but others in the class had. (??)
This works really well. I use this technique with good results on both radar and some AA devices ...
Pax
LargeSlowTarget

Post by LargeSlowTarget »

I think it will be less work to add new ship classes without armament and have them upgrade to the existing classes at some date in early 42 rather than setting the armaments of individual ships to 0 - there are many dozens of ships on-map at the start which would need to be "zeroed" one by one.

Buck, I will shoot you the latest version of my mod which has unarmed classes for US merchies - since arming of US ships was only authorized on November 17th, 1941. I assume this is what you have in mind, right?
Buck Beach

Post by Buck Beach »

Yes this is what I am talking about.

Buck
Buck Beach

Post by Buck Beach »

Sounds good LST

Thanks

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”