Microsoft Surface

The development team behind the award-winning games Decisive Campaigns: From Warsaw To Paris and Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive year and theater of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue simulates the German drive to Stalingrad and into the Caucasus of the summer of 1942, as well as its May preludes (2nd Kharkov offensive, Operation Trappenjagd) and also the Soviet winter counter-offensive (Operation Uranus) that ended with the encirclement of 6th Army in Stalingrad and the destruction of the axis minor armies. With many improvements including the PBEM++ system, this is a release to watch for wargamers!

Moderator: Vic

LiquidSky

Microsoft Surface

Post by LiquidSky »

I picked up a Microsoft Surface on Friday, and have discovered that it is not a bad way to play Case Blue. I use it to remote in to my main computer and run the game that way. The buttons are not bad to click, and I can use the touch pad on my Touch Cover.

“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
Vic

RE: Microsoft Surface

Post by Vic »

:)

But how do you make the scrolling work on a tablet?

best,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
76mm

Post by 76mm »

Thanks, nice to know, I hadn't thought about the idea of remoting it.
LiquidSky

Post by LiquidSky »

The tablet has a touch cover, with keys and a mouse pad, so scrolling is not that difficult. As well, it has Bluetooth, and I can put a Bluetooth mouse on it.

I tried doing the same thing with splashtop and the iPad, but it wasn't as useful.

The speed on the surface is good, but then, I am remoting in at my house over my own network. Going to have to try it over the internet.
“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
mkjhartmann

Post by mkjhartmann »

Actually I've been running it on my Samsung Android tablet for weeks.  Set the computer to the 1280x800 resolution, use Splashtop2, log-in and game from bed.  Very great fun, and comfy in those Colorado winter nights.
mkjhartmann

Post by mkjhartmann »

Vick,

on my android implementation I just set the computer resolution to 1280x800 and then launch Splashtop2, attach a bluetooth mouse to my tablet, and things work great. Yours are my favorite games, and that I can play them at night, without waking up the wife is a special treat.

Thanks for having taught me tons of history, and entertained me for so many hours. Keep up your great work.

Mike
LiquidSky

Post by LiquidSky »

I put splashtop on the wife's iPad, but she doesn't let me play with it very often [:(]

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue”