The Red Devils (PBEM vs STEF78 - no STEF78 pls)

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

Durgard

The Red Devils (PBEM vs STEF78 - no STEF78 pls)

Post by Durgard »

Upload error....
AAR'll come thereafter [:D]
Durgard

RE: The Red Devils (PBEM vs STEF78 - no STEF78 pls)

Post by Durgard »

Hi to you all, Matrix's fans !

I'll try to make an AAR about my game against STEF78. I'll have to beat the German hordes...
We're two noobies on this game and it's our first PBEM, so, be indulgent [:D]
I hope you'll enjoy...

Turn 1 :
My first job in this campaign is to slow the German Panzer and Motorised Divisions. That's why I choosed to make a frontline as west as possible, trying to cut some ennemy divisions and to reopen some pockets. As you'll see, the task is done in a middle scale... But my opponent is skilled and his spearheads are far behind the initial frontline...

Durgard

Post by Durgard »

The ennemy advance is slowed by tough resistance of the pocketed divisions.
I try to delay the armored rush in the Ukranian plains as long as possible, by counterattacks and breaking pockets.
My only main goal is to save Moscow and block the German advance in the south before they reach Rostov. Nothing impossible but my opponent seems skilled and I'll have some troubles in my plans for sure.

Turn 2 :
With 4 attacks, I isolated some panzer divisions and motorised units in the south and even in the center.
But I have weak points all along the front. The Pskov area and the doors of Velikie Luki are the worst place to be for my russian rookies...

Here're the combat reports of my 3 attacks against his panzer spearheads in the south.
Durgard

Post by Durgard »

Turn 3 :
I'm unable this time to break the Lvow pocket. I'll loose a lot of brave men the upcoming week [:(].
I have many holes in my front and the german mobile units'll breakthrough, for sure.
But if STEF78 advance too fast, I hope to cut his supply again. I can't make anything against his units, but I can try to slow him as long as possible.

Durgard

Post by Durgard »

Turn 4 :
I have some problems to slow the nothern and central german spearheads. I dont have enough troops to opposite a tough resistance in front of the panzers... STEF78 makes a hard drive on Leningrad, I'm nearly able to predict the fall of the town before the winter... I'll have to evacuate all the factories...
In the south, most of the Lvov Pocket's braves are dead or POW. But things could be worse. The ennemy broke my front at the Hook... But not deep enough to cut my line once and for all.

Mike29

Post by Mike29 »

Sorry dude, WTF with you map? It looks like fantasy styled. This is WW2, not elfs vs dwarfs.
schascha

Post by schascha »

Bravo DUDU ton AAR est superbe
TulliusDetritus

Post by TulliusDetritus »

ORIGINAL: Mike29

Sorry dude, WTF with you map? It looks like fantasy styled. This is WW2, not elfs vs dwarfs.

In other words, this map should be Herr Pelton's natural choice, as he's constantly mentioning the "Middle Earth"... [8D]

Dudu, I don't dislike the counters graphics. I think I will give them a try [:)]
"Hitler is a horrible sexual degenerate, a dangerous fool" - Mussolini, circa 1934
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

ORIGINAL: TulliusDetritus

ORIGINAL: Mike29

In other words, this map should be Herr Pelton's natural choice, as he's constantly mentioning the "Middle Earth"... [8D]

Dudu, I don't dislike the counters graphics. I think I will give them a try [:)]

I Lov it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Durgard

Post by Durgard »

Thx a lot guys !
I took the graphical mods of other WITE fans ... No originality [:)]
I like the colors and the drawings.
Durgard

Post by Durgard »

Turn 5 :
I made a huge reorganisation of the Red Army, but I have many weak points along the frontline.
The Valdaï sector is the weakest part of my defensive line, and also the outskirts of Chernigov.
In the south and near Leningrad, I manage to strenghten the resistance in front of the panzers.
But the situation is really bad and the upcoming weeks'll be strained.

Durgard

Post by Durgard »

Turn 6 :
For the great strategists in these forum I'll maybe look like a really bad challenging opponent... [:D]
It seems that I'll loose Leningrad and Moscow, at least. I'm unable to concentrate enough forces to slow the German War Machine. I have 11 more turns to suffer and despite my good feeling about the 1 and 2 turns (with the supply cutting of the panzers), I don't see any good news at the moment. [:(]
I have good positions at some points, I avoid large encirclements and I try to retreat by small steps to force the ennemy to fight for every 3-4 advancing hexes... But it seems not to be a good strategy. [&o]
I hate the gamey checkerboard tactic so I try my own defensive plan. My bad [:D]

schascha

Post by schascha »

I like this AAR, Iwould like more [&o]
STEF78

Post by STEF78 »

ORIGINAL: schascha

I like this AAR, Iwould like more [&o]
Me too, no turn from Dudu for 3 weeks, last mail 2 weeks ago.

This game looks over

Frustrating....
GHC 9-0-3
SHC 10-0-4

Return to “After Action Reports”