PC 1.11 + DLC install order - question

Fans of the old Panzer General series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps will keep an unmistakable "PG feeling" whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance. Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical 'what if' scenarios based on your actions. Now expanded with a full-war mega-campaign and the Afrika Corps and Allied Corps releases!

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

Deca

PC 1.11 + DLC install order - question

Post by Deca »

I initially purchase PC & installed the 1.11 patch. I've since then purchased all the DLC; hence, my install order was the following.

Panzer Corps
PanzerCorpsWehrmacht-Update-v111.exe
Panzer Corps Grand Campaign '39
Panzer Corps Grand Campaign '40
Panzer Corps Grand Campaign '41
Panzer Corps Grand Campaign '42
Panzer Corps Grand Campaign '43 East
Panzer Corps Grand Campaign '44 East
Panzer Corps Grand Campaign '45 East
Panzer Corps Grand Campaign '42-'43 West

Is the above method the preferred install order, or should I have installed PC, then all DLC, then 1.11 patch?

Excellent game. I am extremely excited about the concept of the Full Grand Campaign '39 to '45 East.

Thanks,
Deca
"In times of war, the Devil makes more room in Hell"
VPaulus

RE: PC 1.11 + DLC install order - question

Post by VPaulus »

This is the right order:

Panzer Corps
Panzer Corps Grand Campaign '39
Panzer Corps Grand Campaign '41
Panzer Corps Grand Campaign '42-'43 West

Remember that the last DLC (42-42 west) has already included patch 1.11.
Deca

Post by Deca »

Ok, I uninstalled all DLC in reverse order, then uninstalled PC.
Then I installed them in the order you suggested. On the '39 DLC it prompted me to go through the update installer mentioning that '39 needed a base version of 1.04, then again on '41, and then '42/'43 West it did it for the last time to 1.11. Hence, I did not need to run the 1.11 separately because '42/'43 West contains the 1.11 as you stated.

Panzer Corps
Panzer Corps Grand Campaign '39 (updated installer)
Panzer Corps Grand Campaign '41 (updated installer)
Panzer Corps Grand Campaign '42-'43 West (updated installer)

Side Note: I also uninstalled the saved game & the core unit save file since I was only into the 4th map on '39, but wasn't sure if keeping those "old" saves would somehow negatively impact my new install. In the future, if I was to uninstall/re-install do I need to start over completely on saved games & saved cores or can those be kept?

Thanks,
Deca
"In times of war, the Devil makes more room in Hell"
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: Deca

In the future, if I was to uninstall/re-install do I need to start over completely on saved games & saved cores or can those be kept?
Usually you don't need to erase saved games or saved cores after updating the game. What happens is that if you load a saved game created in an older PzC version, the changes that the new patch might have introduced only be effective in the next scenario.

Return to “Panzer Corps”