Cannot start game because the required content package is missing

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

ZeroZero

Cannot start game because the required content package is missing

Post by ZeroZero »

Hi,

I recently upgraded to the latest version of of Panzer Corps. However, I'm no longer able to play any of the scenarios or the addon I purchased (1939 campaign). It did work, but not after applying the patch - it gives me the message "Cannot start game because the required content package is missing" after displaying the scenario briefing.

Can someone tell me how to get it working? I bought the game on CD ROM but my CD ROM drive no longer works on my laptop - so hopefully this won't involve re-installing!

Thanks,
ZZ
VPaulus

RE: Cannot start game because the required content package is missing

Post by VPaulus »

Try to install again DLC 1939. Otherwise I think you can only solve it by installing everything again.
AlanBernardo

Post by AlanBernardo »

ORIGINAL: ZeroZero

Hi,

I recently upgraded to the latest version of of Panzer Corps. However, I'm no longer able to play any of the scenarios or the addon I purchased (1939 campaign). It did work, but not after applying the patch - it gives me the message "Cannot start game because the required content package is missing" after displaying the scenario briefing.

Can someone tell me how to get it working? I bought the game on CD ROM but my CD ROM drive no longer works on my laptop - so hopefully this won't involve re-installing!

Thanks,
ZZ

Another guess is that you might check the serial number in the DLC directory and see that it matches the one you received with the purchased DLC.

You might also try to re-apply the patch or reinstall the DLC. Confirm also that the patch has been applied: it's possible you installed the patch to a different directory.

Alan
ZeroZero

Post by ZeroZero »

"Another guess is that you might check the serial number in the DLC directory and see that it matches the one you received with the purchased DLC."

Thanks for the replies!

I've just looked in the \DLC directory and I can see that it's different from the one on the CD ROM. How should I proceed?
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

How different?
ZeroZero

Post by ZeroZero »

The serial number there is different from the one on the original CD ROM. It's the one that supplied the add-on. Can I simply change it so it's correct?
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

The serial number on DLC1.txt in the DLC folder, must be identical to the DLC serial number. The Panzer Corps's serial is in "PanzerCorps.TXT" in the main folder.
So these are two different serial numbers.
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

You need to reinstall using the correct serials - any editing of text files manually will end up breaking the game and giving the error message you see.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
ZeroZero

Post by ZeroZero »

This would be hard, because my CD ROM drive no longer functions.... is there some way I can download a backup copy or something?
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

If you've bought your Panzer Corps through Matrix, you can download a copy after having registered it in the Members Club.
http://www.matrixgames.com/members/

Return to “Tech Support”