Wondering

Fans of the old Panzer General series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps will keep an unmistakable "PG feeling" whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance. Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical 'what if' scenarios based on your actions. Now expanded with a full-war mega-campaign and the Afrika Corps and Allied Corps releases!

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

AlanBernardo

Wondering

Post by AlanBernardo »

Hello!

What would be the essential difference if I bought Afrika Corps and all the DLCs instead of buying the core game and all the DLCs? There is a $10 dollar difference between the core game and Afrika Corps.

Is it just a matter not having the scenarios included in the core game?

Thanks,

Alan
Josh

RE: Wondering

Post by Josh »

The essential difference would be that you can play Afrika Korps but not the DLC's without the core game. Afrika Korps is a standalone expansion, the DLC's are not.
AlanBernardo

Post by AlanBernardo »

ORIGINAL: Josh

The essential difference would be that you can play Afrika Korps but not the DLC's without the core game. Afrika Korps is a standalone expansion, the DLC's are not.

Untrue. You can play the DLCs with AK but not the individual scenarios that come with the core game or the expansions.

Alan

Josh

Post by Josh »

Heh you're right, and I was wrong. Didn't believe you so I checked it, but you're 100% correct, the DLC's need either the core game or the AK expansion.
I had prematurely assumed that the DLC's wouldn't work with the AK expansion because Africa starts later, not in '39 with the first of the DLC's.
So yeah in that case I wouldn't know the answer to your question... obviously you can't play the scenarios in the core game, but I don't play much scenarios anyways. 
AlanBernardo

Post by AlanBernardo »

ORIGINAL: Josh

Heh you're right, and I was wrong. Didn't believe you so I checked it, but you're 100% correct, the DLC's need either the core game or the AK expansion.
I had prematurely assumed that the DLC's wouldn't work with the AK expansion because Africa starts later, not in '39 with the first of the DLC's.
So yeah in that case I wouldn't know the answer to your question... obviously you can't play the scenarios in the core game, but I don't play much scenarios anyways. 

No problem. With AK the game does install the core game and the update but without a valid serial for the latter you can only play AK and the various campaigns, but not the core scenarios or the campaigns that game with the original.

Alan

Return to “Panzer Corps”