Auto Sub Operations: toggle during PBEM game?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

abulbulian

Auto Sub Operations: toggle during PBEM game?

Post by abulbulian »

Is there a way to toggle 'Automatic Sub Operations' once a PBEM game gets going? It's currently 'ON' and I can't figured out a way to turn if 'OFF' for player(s)? In the preferences section of a game turn it's grayed out and is not changeable.

[:(]

- Beta Tester WitE and ATG
- Alpha/Beta Tester WitW and WitE2

"Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack." - Sun Tzu
n01487477

RE: Auto Sub Operations: toggle during PBEM game?

Post by n01487477 »

ORIGINAL: abulbulian

Is there a way to toggle 'Automatic Sub Operations' once a PBEM game gets going? It's currently 'ON' and I can't figured out a way to turn if 'OFF' for player(s)? In the preferences section of a game turn it's grayed out and is not changeable.

Not changeable except by manually changing each SS to human but then iirc they revert back to computer control after disbanding in port.
bwheatley

Post by bwheatley »

ORIGINAL: n01487477

Not changeable except by manually changing each SS to human but then iirc they revert back to computer control after disbanding in port.

Yea that is an annoying oversite lol.
-Alpha Tester Carrier Force
-Beta Tester ATG
- Mod Maintainer (past) for ATG's WAW mod
- Mod Maintainer (past) for ATG's GPW mod
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command
Empire101

Post by Empire101 »

ORIGINAL: n01487477

Yep it really is irritating. I got the Sub Ops switch mixed up in my head in my latest AAR against Dirty Harry, and had somehow got it into my head that I was switching 'on' sub ops for players to control[:@]

Oh well, you live and learn. It just means I have to periodically check up on subs returned to port for repair and read my ops report carefully.
[font="Tahoma"]Our lives may be more boring than those who lived in apocalyptic times,
but being bored is greatly preferable to being prematurely dead because of some ideological fantasy.
[/font] - Michael Burleigh

aphrochine

Post by aphrochine »

Turn off display of Human Controlled TFs. Then browse the map and give them subs manual orders.

Yes, it is annoying.
VMF-422 fanboy
Grog Virgin fanboy

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”