*closed* Looking for axis player for Trappenjagd v1.04b

Post requests for head to head play here.

Moderator: Vic

Reconvet

*closed* Looking for axis player for Trappenjagd v1.04b

Post by Reconvet »

Scenario Trappenjagd: Any Axis player interested in punishing an opponent who has yet to be convinced that forward defense really has no merits in DCCB? Of course I'll also aggressively try to get Kharkov as Stalin requested, so you might get a shot at creating a really nice pocket early on. If I don't clear alternative supply paths first, that means. ;)

I should be able to send back at least 6 turns per week, up to 10 turns per week. I hope to find the time to post an AAR to dust off my English and to improve my gameplay via forumite input (there are some very bright heads active in these byte regions after all, so it would be a shame not to get them on board).

Soooooo: PM me if you're tempted and have already pushed back the AI to Stalingrad at least once, then I'll send the password for the pbem++ challenge I've set up.

Settings:
FOW on
PBEM protection on (my first pbem, option might go off after first contact)
High Command rules on
Dismissal off (not sure if these rules still need some tweaking)
Axis Minor rules on
C&C rules on
FOW on statistics off
All others off (no free setup or Stalin might as well ask for Berlin instead of Kharkov...)

Cheers. :)
The biggest threat for mankind is ignorance.

wallas

RE: Looking for axis player for Trappenjagd v1.04b

Post by wallas »

ORIGINAL: Reconvet

Of course I'll also aggressively try to get Kharkov

Command failure will kill you after turn one.
Reconvet

Post by Reconvet »

Most PP of turn 1 are spent for CO reassignments for critical formations, eliminating the out of depth penalties for these formations. For other command failures the motto is: Adapt and overcome...

wallas

Post by wallas »

For other command failures the motto is: Adapt and overcome...

Good luck with that, and enjoy...[X(]
Reconvet

Post by Reconvet »

Gospodin Wallas, your defaitism is disappointing. [8|]

With SW Front and it's 6th Army getting a superb 60% chance NOT to undergo command failure after turn 1 and with command failure disappearing as soon as mid july, what could the incompetent fascists possibly field that could not be overcome by the holy wrath of our heroic defenders of the rodina? [:D]

wallas

Post by wallas »

With SW Front and it's 6th Army getting a superb 60% chance NOT to undergo command failure after turn 1 and with command failure disappearing as soon as mid july, what could the incompetent fascists possibly field that could not be overcome by the holy wrath of our heroic defenders of the rodina? [:D]

I am optimistic your command failure, and out of depth penalties will be a challenge to adapt and overcome. n[X(]
Reconvet

Post by Reconvet »

ORIGINAL: wallas

I am optimistic your command failure, and out of depth penalties will be a challenge to adapt and overcome. n[X(]

Sure, no challenge no fun...

But you keep coming back here, so are your repeated indications that I might be biting off more than can be chewed some sort of signal that you are the guy to feed me my challenge? I'm in for a full game, but I would give you the option to decide at the end of june if you want to continue or not. If you don't want to play on we'd at least get a result showing in which condition a fighting start can leave Red Army and Axis come Case Blue.

wallas

Post by wallas »

I would love to, but I am involved with a game against liquidsky atm. Your welcome to follow the AAR since we are playing trappenjagd
Reconvet

Post by Reconvet »

ORIGINAL: wallas

I would love to, but I am involved with a game against liquidsky atm. Your welcome to follow the AAR since we are playing trappenjagd

No problem, good luck with your game.

I've been following said AAR by the way, really interesting campaign, but as it was modified it can't quite be compared with the current betaversion of Trappenjagd I'm aiming at.

Well, I'm still looking for a competent Axis player. Don't be so shy, girls, chances are I'll really serve you a huge Soviet Trappen dish for starters. [:)]

Reconvet

Post by Reconvet »

Opponent found. Thanks Bonner, good luck & lots of fun. [:)]

Return to “Opponents Wanted”