Stalin's fired, I'm in charge! III 1/2- Tullius (Soviet) vs Marquo (Axis)

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

TulliusDetritus

RE: Death to Marquo's Hitlerite Hordes!

Post by TulliusDetritus »

ORIGINAL: M60A3TTS

I think Marquo's advance was done in a way that you had time to do your evacs well in the early game.

Correct [:)] I don't know if this was because I was cutting off some of his armored spearheads every single turn (the first 3 or 4 turns). And perhaps most important, I was reopening pockets, especially in the south. In any case, he focused on encircling & destroying the Red Army. Not that I allowed him to do so. I didn´t! In other words, he was being systematic, methodical. One step, then another. As opposed to raiding strategies.
"Hitler is a horrible sexual degenerate, a dangerous fool" - Mussolini, circa 1934
TulliusDetritus

[center]Turn 87[/center]
[center]11 Februrary 1943[/center]

Well, not a lot of turns have been done (holidays basically).

As you can see we are on february 43. The first thing I have to say is I finally reached the 450 rifle divisions mark (among them 22 corps) [:(] So from now on I should focus on upgrading to the Red Army v. 2.0 [:)]

Mechanised Corps (I have zero right now), Artillery Divisions, and in fact more Tank and Cavalry Corps.

From what you could read (previous messages) I was thinking about giving up. Still, maybe (and only maybe + extra luck I suspect) I can more or less get to the general area of Kursk (let's say at 10-15 hexes). The thing is in theory this is 1943. Maybe I could keep pushing during the spring (unlike the first winter). This might give me the extra hexes I need to catch up.

Time will tell.
"Hitler is a horrible sexual degenerate, a dangerous fool" - Mussolini, circa 1934
TulliusDetritus

And here are the rifle divisions I wanted to have at all cost before I could start anything else. 449 in fact [8D]

Attachments
RIFLEDIV.jpg
RIFLEDIV.jpg (46.25 KiB) Viewed 12 times
TulliusDetritus

I have just said I had (until this turn) zero Mechanized Corps. Well, I went on a crazy shopping spree and spent all 60 APs. Therefore now I have the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Mechanized Corps. Marquo, watch your back!

I already know how I want to organize my 5 Tank Armies. 2 Tank Corps + 1 Mechanized Corps (as per history + as per CP maximum [:D]). The extra tank and mechanized corps should be assigned to some concrete fronts (not to armies or Stavka): in places where action is more than expected.

Attachments
mehc.jpg
mehc.jpg (45.58 KiB) Viewed 12 times
TulliusDetritus

In the main offensive area Marquo systematically leaves some buffer hexes each turn (1, 2 or even 3). Needless to say I also systematically advance and try to kick him in the groin every time I can.

Here you can see an example of this unacceptable coward approach , pre Soviet moves, of course.

Attachments
buffer.jpg
buffer.jpg (73.78 KiB) Viewed 12 times
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Thats the spirit TD :)
randallw

Post by randallw »

Well at least those mech corps will be ready for Kursk. [;)]
TulliusDetritus

[center]Turn 88[/center]
[center]18 Februrary 1943[/center]

History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce” -- Karl Marx

Serafimovich, Kalach... LOL I'm aiming at these two locations! [:D]

Obviously it's not going to work (but hey, who really knows anyway!) but let's see if I have a good laugh, because in the end that's what matters! [8D]

Attachments
farce.jpg
farce.jpg (185.08 KiB) Viewed 12 times
M60A3TTS

Post by M60A3TTS »

Marquo needs to protect his flanks with more Rumanians and Italians. [:)]
TulliusDetritus

[center]Turn 92[/center]
[center]18 March 1943[/center]

The winter offensive is in theory over. Kursk is still far away [:(] Anyway, given that the game is too kind with the offensive side, I might take more hexes, because I already have offensive plans, I plan to keep pushing no matter the losses. That or surrender. Now if a patch fixes that I am busted [:D]

Attachments
lines.jpg
lines.jpg (90.59 KiB) Viewed 12 times
TulliusDetritus

Alrite then.

As for the Red Army v. 2.0...

Right now I already have, refitting in the rear:
- 25 Regular / Breakthrough Divisions
- 7 Rocket Divisions

I plan to build these divisions as per history (37/7). So I need 12 more regular/breakthrough divisions. And this will be done in the next two turns: 6 per turn = 60 APs.

In fact I have mentioned above "offensive plans". These divisions are part of this scheme.

Once I have the artillery divisions I will start creating Rifle Corps.

Priority?

The armies in the offensive area, grosso modo the area that leads to er... Kursk [:D]

Then the Reserve Armies will be the next that will get rifle corps (in fact they already have some). I have already extricated the 1st Guards, 39, 58, 61 armies. Along with the five Shock Armies (not extricated yet) they should make the Stavka reserves.

And of course the five Tank Armies (still fighting).
TulliusDetritus

In fact this this is the first rudimentary idea, plan.

But of course, no plan survives contact with the enemy. Marquo has to have his own cunning plans, so we will see [8D]

Attachments
offen.jpg
offen.jpg (60.81 KiB) Viewed 12 times
TulliusDetritus

ORIGINAL: M60A3TTS

Marquo needs to protect his flanks with more Rumanians and Italians. [:)]

Too bad Marquo dared to open history books! [:D] The weak allies were well protected by ze Germans!
TulliusDetritus

And here are the losses caused by the winter massacres. Only 400.000 losses have been inflicted on the Wehrmacht & Mates. The Red Army suffered 700.000 losses.

Still, the kill ratio (haha) is not even 2:1. More like 1,8:1

Attachments
losses.jpg
losses.jpg (33.92 KiB) Viewed 12 times
TulliusDetritus

The OOB. Marquo has still a big army, methinks. The Red Army numbers are not impressive, I guess [8D]

Attachments
OOB.jpg
OOB.jpg (21.65 KiB) Viewed 12 times
TulliusDetritus

The manpower & armament numbers arer rather pitiful. Yes, I have of course created rifle divisions, now artillery divisions, and then I will start with the rifle corps.

IF the armaments and manpower do NOT allow me to do this I WILL give up. I am not interested in waiting until 1944 to start an offensive that should lead me at most to er... the soviet frontier districts [:-]

EDIT: no, wait, the screenshot is wrong. These are the numbers for Christmas Eve 1942. I upload the correct one (march 1943). I knew something was wrong. The numbers are truly pitiful. I stick to my above statement. If I can't get / afford this Red Army 2.0 I give up: because I will NOT, repeat, NOT stop creating corps, artillery divisions... [;)]

Attachments
man.jpg
man.jpg (10.06 KiB) Viewed 13 times
TulliusDetritus

[center]Turn 93[/center]
[center]25 March 1943[/center]

One more turn and I will have the artillery divisions I need [8D]

After that, the Rifle Corps!

This turn I have extricated two more armies: the 4th Shock and 5th Shock. That means I currently have six Reserve Armies (not counting the Tank Armies).

Attachments
armies.jpg
armies.jpg (122.35 KiB) Viewed 12 times
TulliusDetritus

The artillery divisions (and other units) I am gathering near Gorky. I will unleash them soon (as per the Operation Crazy Ivan), well, unless Marquo has other plans! I am assuming I can conduct an offensive. And after all perhaps Marquo has still the initiative!

All the artillery units on the screenshot are divisions.

Attachments
arti.jpg
arti.jpg (36.97 KiB) Viewed 12 times
TulliusDetritus

The three nice Guards Airborne divisions have. I cannot create a fourth as I only have 2 brigades left.

As soon as I can afford the APs they will be attached to stavka and then sent to where they are needed.

Attachments
air.jpg
air.jpg (52.52 KiB) Viewed 12 times
TulliusDetritus

Trashed Finns. The other weak allies are well protected though (in the south). But up north it's another story. Die pigs, die!

Attachments
trash.jpg
trash.jpg (85.04 KiB) Viewed 12 times

Return to “After Action Reports”