Panzer Corps GC ’42-43 West and v1.11 Now Available!

Fans of the old Panzer General series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps will keep an unmistakable "PG feeling" whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance. Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical 'what if' scenarios based on your actions. Now expanded with a full-war mega-campaign and the Afrika Corps and Allied Corps releases!

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

Scott Parrino

Panzer Corps GC ’42-43 West and v1.11 Now Available!

Post by Scott Parrino »

Matrix Games (www.matrixgames.com), Slitherine (www.slitherine.com), The Lordz Games Studio (www.lordzgamesstudio.com), and Flashback Games are excited to announce the release of Panzer Corps Grand Campaign ’42-43 West, the latest DLC for the critically-acclaimed and award-winning operational strategy game Panzer Corps.

The focus of the Grand Campaign series now moves to the Western Front as the British and American armies and their allies begin their counter-offensives to push Germany out of captured territory. With a series of hit-and-run raids, the Allies are probing German defenses on the coasts before launching the expected European mainland invasion. The task for the player is simple, repel the Allies’ efforts and push them back!

Grand Campaign ’42-’43 West features 14 new scenarios, from the landings at Dieppe and Salerno, to battles at Syracuse and Messina in Italy, including a host of new features implemented from the recently-released Panzer Corps: Afrika Korps. Players can use their core force from previously-completed Grand Campaigns and continue to gain experience and upgraded equipment, giving the truly unique experience of raising and fielding an army from the start of World War II to the bitter end. Players can also jump into any of these Grand Campaigns with a preset core force and play each one on its own.

Along with the release of Grand Campaign ’42-43 West comes the release of the v1.11 comprehensive update for Panzer Corps. The update adds a range of new options to the editor and new tile sets for scenario creators. A few bug fixes are also included on the update, most importantly fixing a crash related to ambush and issues with mods that were created for v1.05 of Panzer Corps. To get the update, visit the download page for Panzer Corps.

Scenario list: St. Nazaire, Bayonne, Hardelot, Dieppe, Gironde, Syracuse, Etna Line North, Etna Line South, Messina, Salerno Landing, Salerno Counter-Attack, Catanzaro, Taranto, Volturno Line.

Panzer Corps Grand Campaign ’42-’43 West is an expansion and requires a copy of either Panzer Corps or Panzer Corps: Afrika Korps to play. For more information on Panzer Corps Grand Campaign ’42-43 West, visit the official product page on the Slitherine or Matrix Games website.

The full changelog for v1.11 is below:

Bug fixes
  • Fixed a crash bug related to the "Undo" option when being ambushed.
  • Fixed a ZOC issues related to the "Undo" option.
  • Fixed a number of map string bugs including issues in other languages and invalid strings in save/load.
  • Fixed a few issues when using Panzer Corps 1.10 with mods intended for 1.05.
  • Fixed cities and airfields in muddy and frozen tilesets to match dry tileset.

Editor
  • Added all desert-related tiles to muddy and frozen tilesets.
  • Added new option to the Editor (Scenario Params, General tab): "Clean reserve after deploy". This allows you to design campaigns with part of the core force.
  • The editor now allows negative hero bonuses.
  • Custom unit's max strength is now preserved after upgrade.
Scott Parrino
Public Relations Manager
Slitherine/Matrix Games
Follow us on Twitter and on Facebook!
Hanal

RE: Panzer Corps GC ’42-43 West and v1.11 Now Available!

Post by Hanal »

I have a question.....will there ever come a day when all of the DLC's are tied together into a multi branching mega campaign? I would like to eventually retain the flavor of the original where you can make a series of choices to place you in different theaters during a single gaming experience.....
Andrew Loveridge

Post by Andrew Loveridge »

It is a great idea, and I'm sure we will consider it, but right now we are busy with the next DLCs. Maybe after those we will look into making a more complex 'Mega Campaign' that ties all the content together.
Dragoon.

Post by Dragoon. »

Hopefully you offer an upgrade for the Collector's edition of PG. Basically I just need a new inlay and CD/DVD.
Oh and the CD should have either a one big installer or a script that automatically install everything. I mean right now I have to run 11 setups. 1 PG, 1AK, Patch, 8 DLC's and more to come I'm sure. :)
emeg

Post by emeg »

Does the original Panzer Corps game, being upgraded to the new 1.11 version, have the improved varied scenario objectives features (known from the Afrika Korps) for new creating scenario's too? If the answer is yes, are these improved options used in the new Panzer Corps GC ’42-43 West DLC?
Greetings, emeg.
Lord Zimoa

Post by Lord Zimoa »

The Panzer Corps Editor has them included now, the are and will be used in all Grand campaign West DLC`s as we used them in Afrika.

Older builds like Wehrmacht and the Grand campaign East DLC`s, don`t have them as they were produced and build before we had this editor feature available.

We may some day redo all older scenarios, but you can imagine that would be a gigantic task as it would basically involve redoing them all.
Anendrue

Post by Anendrue »

Looks really really good.
Integrity is what you do when nobody is watching.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: Dragoon

Hopefully you offer an upgrade for the Collector's edition of PG. Basically I just need a new inlay and CD/DVD.
Oh and the CD should have either a one big installer or a script that automatically install everything. I mean right now I have to run 11 setups. 1 PG, 1AK, Patch, 8 DLC's and more to come I'm sure. :)
10 setups... you don't need any patch as long you install the eighth DLC. [;)]
Dragoon.

Post by Dragoon. »

ORIGINAL: VPaulus

10 setups... you don't need any patch as long you install the eighth DLC. [;)]

You're right. I totally forgot, silly me. That would have saved me some work when I reinstalled PC on a new hard disk 2 hours ago. [:)]
Little fun fact. My fresh PC install is 0.98 GB big. The combined size of all 11 setups is 4.769 GB [:D]
I know each DLC include a full copy of all files to ensure latest version and unmodified files but still... , makes me giggle.

Edit: BTW I love the new DLC42-43 West. Even more that I could import 8 units from the DLC41 campaign. I can't live without my +1 movement Grenadiers and +1 Range artillery units.
dsawan

Post by dsawan »

gee, this was quick. thx.
Dumnorix

Post by Dumnorix »

I payed for this DLC and now the dowmload rate is 23,5 KB download - I need 5 hours for 591MB.

Whats going on with this shit ???

I use DSL 32000.

H.Balck

Dumnorix

Post by Dumnorix »

After 5 hours download - I installed the DLC+patch 1.1.
.......and nothing - I can't play the western 42-43 campaign - I can see only the old 39-45 Eastern Grand Campaigns in my Menu.

H.Balck
Dragoon.

Post by Dragoon. »

WTF?!? What is this signature image spam? Is it really necessary to have two 500*500px pictures in your signature and then double post on top of that?

Return to “Panzer Corps”