How much help for the AI???

Pacific War is a free update of the old classic, available in our Downloads section.
pbiggar

How much help for the AI???

Post by pbiggar »

How much help do most experienced players provide to the AI? Even, Help or Max Help.

I hate games that allows the AI cheats, but given the AI's habit of doing stupid things....:confused:

I always play "even" but find it is all over too soon (historically speaking) with a Japanese AI.

Does it improve the historical realism of the game to play on max help?

I am ready to start a new game and would like some feedback.

Thanks
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

I all ways play with max help for the AI. It needs all the help it can get. Also note that the Japanesse AI tends to do a better job than the Allied AI. Has to do with interior lines.
pasternakski

Post by pasternakski »

Nomad's right on it for v. 3.1. Jeremy Pritchard has been doing extensive work on the AI for v. 3.2, which is due out, according to Jeremy, "soon." I suspect that the AI won't be a lot smarter in general, but will likely be a lot less stupid in specific. One thing Jeremy has mentioned in another thread, for example, is that the AI for each side will have multiple strategies to choose from, and the human player won't know which until he figures it out from what the AI is doing. This should help a lot. Also, he has been working on blatant AI stupidities, like not garrisoning key bases and suicide attacks.

I have put PW aside for the time being and concentrated on UV, but I really love that game and am anxiously awaiting Jeremy and his staff's improvements.

I just hope we never lose the radio announcer who has no idea where "Ohau" is.
Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.

Return to “Pacific War: The Matrix Edition”