East Front Map

Post discussions and advice on TOAW scenario design here.

Moderators: JAMiAM, ralphtricky

Foggy

RE: East Front Map

Post by Foggy »

Sorry - forgot about the different standards
dazed and confused again!
Telumar

Post by Telumar »

Knock ..knock... anyone at home?
Panama

Post by Panama »

Considering 3.5 foundered upon the rocks of someone's life and nothing further has been said about any progress in getting it towards completion it looks bleak for this map and the scenario that was to be made.

More's the pity because it amounts to almost a thousand man hours, mine, down the tubes. And I don't have enough man hours left to finish even if 3.5 were completed this summer. As I've said before, time is a non renewable resource. I can't get a refund on the lost time. I could use 41 days.

Let me add I've gotten tons of enjoyment from TOAW from it's first release up to and including 3.4.
BigDuke66

Post by BigDuke66 »

To early for a funeral oration.
fogger

Post by fogger »

Can anybody on the testing team give us an update on 3.5. I noticed that it has been 6 weeks since Ralph last logged on to the site.
Thought for the day:
If you feel like doing some work, sit down and wait....... The feeling does go away.
BigDuke66

Post by BigDuke66 »

That's good, I think before that he was last online last year, so at least some signs of life.
Curtis Lemay

Post by Curtis Lemay »

ORIGINAL: fogger

Can anybody on the testing team give us an update on 3.5. I noticed that it has been 6 weeks since Ralph last logged on to the site.

His last post was 9/3/12 - no change from last time this was discussed. He had been logging in every day, but now hasn't since 3/16/13.
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
fogger

Post by fogger »

Sorry, "on" should have been "in". It was very late here when I posted and I was not wearing my glasses. Has anybody had any contact with him? Do we know if he is getting help? I only ask as I lost a child 20 years ago and it still hurts but it was only when I got help did the pain go away.
Thought for the day:
If you feel like doing some work, sit down and wait....... The feeling does go away.
BigDuke66

Post by BigDuke66 »

Misinterpreted.
Curtis Lemay

Post by Curtis Lemay »

I believe Fogger is referring to himself. I don't think anyone knows what Ralph's problems are. For sure, I don't.
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
fogger

Post by fogger »

Bob is correct. I do not know what Ralph's problems are. I was trying to point out that most men "bottle up" their problems and will not reach out for help. It is normally up to a mate to give a hand / push in the right direction. In my case I was given a professional questionnaire that stated at the top that if you scored more than 100 points you needed help. At the half way point I was at 263 points. I did not finish the questionnaire but I did go and get help.

Ralph has done a lot for us as a "community" and we owe him. There is not much that I can do here from Australia, but you guys who live in the USA and known him personally can contact him and give moral support.
Thought for the day:
Telumar

Post by Telumar »

Work on 3.5 has ben renewed, so Mr. Panama, don't let this great work perish in the abyss of your HD [:D] .

Are you still there? And for God's sake, do a backup of this map!
USXpat

Post by USXpat »

Agreed, the map is a Picasso... or even better. Beautiful.

But, yes, time is not renewable and personal difficulties can hit hard without warning. Financially speaking, I think TOAW has probably saved me... a few thousand bucks in alternative, probably bad entertainment costs. But then, for all the hours spent playing, making maps... we could all be millionaires. Very unhappy millionaires, because... we would still be wanting to play TOAW.

BigDuke66

Post by BigDuke66 »

Well his last post & login are from May, hope everything is OK.
Telumar

Post by Telumar »

We need the map...
Grognard

Post by Grognard »

When I use ODD to overlay a grid on my maps the grid is much too faint to be seen. I can see in Panamas' example (post #8) this is not a problem. My version of ODD is 3.1 - any help ? Thanks
Find 'em, Fix 'em, & Kill 'em
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

ORIGINAL: Grognard

When I use ODD to overlay a grid on my maps the grid is much too faint to be seen. I can see in Panamas' example (post #8) this is not a problem. My version of ODD is 3.1 - any help ? Thanks

He showed me what he did a couple years ago. He lays the first grid. Leaves the program. Goes back in and loads the map with grid and then just offsets the grid by one for each direction. I banged my head on the wall and left.
http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

ORIGINAL: Telumar

We need the map...

I'll see what I can find out regarding the map. The rest isn't mine to say.
http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.

Return to “Scenario Design”