THE THREAD!!!

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

AW1Steve

RE: The Thread!!!

Post by AW1Steve »

ORIGINAL: Nikademus
ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

Than where? While Seattle has great beer, ALMOST every where I've been generally has some really good LOCAL micro brew. And Seattle is a comparatively recent producer of good beer. Until mid-80's , Seattle beer was Ranier. Basically a "Budwieser knock off", up there with regionals like Falstaff's and "Nasty-ganset". [:D]
Bah! Rainier puts Budweiser AND Pabst to shame for watered down American beer goodness. Only one comparable in taste bud tone deafness is Olympia and Genesee Cream Ale.

The best ales are imports of course. Can't beat a good Irish/UK ale or stout. Germany has the best Lagers. Coming from a place where the selection was Genesee, Schlitz or Rolling Rock....coming to Seattle was like moving to Beer Heaven. [:)] However Elysian Brewing makes some killer beers and Rogue Ales based in Portland but with a micro-Brewery in Seattle makes some of my favorites.

Double Dead-Guy
Double Chocolate Stout
Double Mocha Porter stout.
They also have a good Irish lager.

I'm getting thirsty just typing all this.....

Seattle has Pyramid, Silver City (Silverdale) and a bunch more that I can't recall. What I meant was , that Seattle was a relative latecomer to Micro-brewing. The Grandfather was San Francisco's Anchor brewing (Anchor Steam, Liberty ale) and even Portland Maines Shipyard came 1st. In other words "all good". I've found some extremely good micro-brews everywhere I've been in the USA. Even Nebraska (Empyrean brewing,Lucky Bucket,Nebraska Brewing and Upstream brewing.). [:D]
alaviner

RE: The Tread!!!

Post by alaviner »

tithe - I can bring some homemade refreshments if you would like. It has a little apple twang and much more kick than beer. [:D][:D]

Schanilec

RE: The Tread!!!

Post by Schanilec »

Chance of snow again tonight.

Steve-O any plans of heading up North.[;)]
This is one Czech that doesn't bounce.
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

ORIGINAL: Schanilec

Nothing specific at the moment. But it's extremley likely that I will sometime within the next 8 months. [:)]
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

Subject line misspelling reset.
Schanilec

Post by Schanilec »

Nothing specific at the moment. But it's extremley likely that I will sometime within the next 8 months. [:)]
Early winter?[:D]
Schanilec

Post by Schanilec »

Just finished Richard B. Franks 'Downfall'; and started Louis Allens 'Burma, the Longest War'. What great way to start the reading season.[:)]
AW1Steve

RE: The THREAD!!!

Post by AW1Steve »

Early winter?[:D]
From your posts that sounds like that would be.....well, now. [:D] Probably not. I'm still trying to figure out if I can get to east coast in the next couple of weeks. [:)]
Kwik E Mart

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Kwik E Mart »

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

.....pass the Dutchie 'pon da left 'and side?

...did it get a little hazy at the summit? [8D]
Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!
Ron Swanson: Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

Kwik E Mart

Post by Kwik E Mart »

...vikings on a roll...gigantes, not so much...[:(]
Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!

Kwik E Mart

Post by Kwik E Mart »

...what a weekend in bay area...playoff baseball, timberlake and madona concerts, pro football and fleet week with blue angels...over a million extra san fran citizens this weekend...[X(]

AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

ORIGINAL: Kwik E Mart

.....pass the Dutchie 'pon da left 'and side?

...did it get a little hazy at the summit? [8D]

Nope. But Andre decided to inflict upon Yuri a song that he wouldn't be able to "get out of his head". Apparently it worked! [:D]
Onime No Kyo

Post by Onime No Kyo »

ORIGINAL: Historiker

I have no fucking clue what you guys are talking about! But have you seen the FC Bayern perform last weekend?

They play soccer, right? [&:][:'(]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
Onime No Kyo

Post by Onime No Kyo »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

A thank you again to Steve and Lou for their hospitality during this year's iteration of the THREADian summit. Great home cookin', interesting discussion, fine liquor, good company and some fine shootin'.

You guys rock. [8D]

You are MOST welcome, and we look forward to hosting you again. You make a really excellent guest!.[&o]

We would love to. And maybe next time it will be less hectic. Sorry again for falling asleep at 9pm. [:D]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
Onime No Kyo

Post by Onime No Kyo »

Greetings from Minnesota, Comrade Red Mouse. It was a pleasure to make your and your wife's acquaintance at Steve and Lou's. Hope your travel is safe and 'enjoyable' (as much as any 3000 mile trip can be 'enjoyable'...). If I ever find myself in Cali, you can bet I'll look you up.

ETA: Wasn't Lou's cooking the bomb? [&o]

Likewise here Señor Pollo. WU and I had a blast. Our biggest regret is that we were so done in by the drive that we petered out early.

Lou's cooking is the absolute bomb! I was dreaming of that mushroom soup the whole next day. [&o]

I hope they were good dreams? [:D] We really enjoyed meeting you and your delightful spouse! And look forward to our next summit! [:D]

Extremely good! That soup was a masterpiece! [&o]
Onime No Kyo

Post by Onime No Kyo »

As for the rest of you lot: I found myself a new love this week. Her name is .30 M1 carbine. Sigh...

You could shoot a lot of poultry with that. What else did you guys bring?
AR-15, a couple of 22's (one semi auto, one revolver), a P-38, a Nagant , and of course the M-1 Carbine. We did the M-1 Garand and the "mare'sleg" last time. We'll save the K-98 and Enfield till you can join us next time! [:D]

Would love to put some rounds downrange from both. BTW, I spent half the next days drive trying to remember how to take an M16 apart. Did I mention I wasnt a very good troop? [:D]
Onime No Kyo

Post by Onime No Kyo »

ORIGINAL: Reg

...and is 70 years old. You are one sad individual!!! [:D] [:D] [:D]

But she's still a petite thing with lovely lines. I'm more fond of her Teutonic cousin.
Which if memory serves me correctly , kicks like the proverbial mule! [:D]

Well, it is German. Have you seen their...ummm.....health films? [:D]
Onime No Kyo

Post by Onime No Kyo »

Been reading about your meal. Do you deliver?[:)]

Sorry. Service not available at this time in your area. [:(][:D]

How about mine? [&o]
Onime No Kyo

Post by Onime No Kyo »

ORIGINAL: USS America

Mini NC Summit scheduled for next week as Torsten will be here by then and Andy will be in town for a "one night only" engagement. [8D]

Dammit. Wish I could join you....but I've had enough traveling for the time being. [:D]
Onime No Kyo

Post by Onime No Kyo »

Bison! Never!

Bison is great! I eat it at least twice a week! [:D]

Roadkill? [:'(]

Return to “The War Room”