1.05 info

Strategic War in Europe is a grand strategy game where you command one or more of the 25 countries in the game. War, diplomacy, technological progress, recruitment, conquest – this is all in your hands. There are no restrictions to the actions you can perform during your turn: unit movement, purchase, attack, technology investment, reinforcement, all of those can be done at any moment during the turn.

Moderator: doomtrader

doomtrader

1.05 info

Post by doomtrader »

We are hoping to deliver 1.05 this week to Matrix.
Omnius

RE: 1.05 info

Post by Omnius »

doomtrader,
I hope the 1.05 patch is far better than 1.04. I played one 1.04 game as Switzerland just to let the AI's play through a whole game to see if the 1.02 imbalance of a too weak USSR was fixed. While the USSR did win the 1939 campaign it was mainly because there's a major problem with hex control between allies in home countries. I will post a bug report and attach some saved games in the tech support section of my 1939 test so you can see this hex control problem for yourself in hopes it can be fixed. If that hex control problem isn't fixed then nothing else you do in 1.05 will matter.
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

Here is the changelog for 1.05:
2012-10-10 [v1.05]
--Fixed
Number of people and equipment in units now displayed correctly
Fleets without any naval units assigned are now automatically disbanded at the end of the turn

--Gameplay
Modified balance to favor USSR human player against German AI
Now if a unit is returned to the forcepool with a commander, then the commander is reassigned from the unit
Changed supply schedule, now convoys are perforemd after selecting supply sources by units
It is nowpossible to see full description for all events

--AI
changed AI behavior to keep aircrafts at least one hex from enemy units

--Features
It is possible now that the Disembark will fail every time a unit will try to unload from a sea zone where enemy fleet has got advantage

--GUI
If a unit is hidden under the Fog of War, then clicking on a hex with that unit does not reveal Unit Panel

--Other
If unit has got -1,-1 coordinates assigned it is always put into the reserve, even if the proper value is not entered
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

I have spent some time during the weekend to improve the 1.05 patch, so need to test it a little bit, but I think it is worth the effort and your time.

Current changelog for 1.05 looks like this:
2012-10-15 [v1.05]
--Fixed
Number of people and equipment in units now displayed correctly
Fleets without any naval units assigned are now automatically disbanded at the end of the turn

--Gameplay
Modified balance to favor USSR human player against German AI
Modified balance to favor German human player against USSR AI
Now if a unit is returned to the forcepool with a commander, then the commander is reassigned from the unit
Changed supply schedule, now convoys are perforemd after selecting supply sources by units
It is nowpossible to see full description for all events
Increased Allied AI support on higher German difficulty levels

--AI
changed AI behavior to keep aircrafts at least one hex from enemy units
Making Allied AI more agressive (sill needs to have advantage to attack enemy)

--Features
It is possible now that the Disembark will fail every time a unit will try to unload from a sea zone where enemy fleet has got advantage

--GUI
If a unit is hidden under the Fog of War, then clicking on a hex with that unit does not reveal Unit Panel

--Other
If unit has got -1,-1 coordinates assigned it is always put into the reserve, even if the proper value is not entered
Omnius

Post by Omnius »

doomtrader,
I hope that the USSR gets the same kind of treatment as in Time of Fury. I did see that in ToF the USSR production gets ramped up and they get Siberian reinforcements, something I didn't really see in SWiE. In fact playing as the USSR in ToF I kind of am wondering if that 194% War Economy number for the Soviet AI is really a little bit of overkill so early for so long.
Omius
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

I wanted those two games to be rather different, and especially Strategic War in Europe to be as easy, simple and accessible as possible, so we did not include the siberian reinformcements.
parusski

Post by parusski »

ORIGINAL: doomtrader

We are hoping to deliver 1.05 this week to Matrix.

Find a way to stop the game from crashing when any unit is clicked(for several of us)!!!!
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

I need you to start replying my emails, so I can start working on reproducing this issue.
parusski

Post by parusski »

I need you to start replying my emails, so I can start working on reproducing this issue.
[>:] But I did respond to your email, or someones.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

Nothing get to me.
Could you please send it through a PM here?
parusski

Post by parusski »

Nothing get to me.
Could you please send it through a PM here?

I tried that too. Even copied and pasted entire file contents at one point. No, my mail/pm boxes are not full.

Return to “Strategic War in Europe”