US Marines air HQs in DaBigBabes

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Yaab

US Marines air HQs in DaBigBabes

Post by Yaab »

DaBigBabes A, scenario 28

As Allies, I have four US Marines air HQs (11th MAG, 2nd Marine, 21st MAG and 1st Marine) on 8 December, 1941. Closer examination of their leaders reveal that thier air skill is dismal (7,9,17 and 31 respectively). There are no good leaders to replace them, and new leaders with good stats arrive in 144 days. Is it done on purpose to reflect the initial indolence of US Marines air force?
jcjordan

RE: US Marines air HQs in DaBigBabes

Post by jcjordan »

Can't say for sure as I've not played the mod but if they're random created leaders, they're always crappy due to the program. Even when a experienced pilot becomes leader of an air unit though replacing a previous leader though loss, etc his leadership & inspiration skills are crap. Anything created randomly by the computer will always have crappy stats regardless of use.
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

Jcjordan, these guys are HQ leaders, not airgroup leaders. How does a guy with air skill of 7 coordinate bombers with fighters or help launch as many bombers/recons as possible? I wanted those HQ on the frontlines but right now they can only be parked in Continental US.
US87891

Post by US87891 »

ORIGINAL: Yaab

Jcjordan, these guys are HQ leaders, not airgroup leaders. How does a guy with air skill of 7 coordinate bombers with fighters or help launch as many bombers/recons as possible? I wanted those HQ on the frontlines but right now they can only be parked in Continental US.
For people who read Section 7.2.1.5 Air HQs and Air Missions in the manual, these crappy little MAG HQs are there to give Navy and USMC TB squadrons a source for torp replacements and to help avoid the 10% strike mission penalty, no matter how crappy the random leader. But this is people who have figured out what HQs actually do in the game.

If you think all your HQs should have a Boyington to command then either 1, use the editor and make some, or 2, park all your MAG HQs in Boise [;)].
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

Oh yes, I forgot about the torpedoes. So an HQ leader's air skill has no bearing on how well he performs the functions listed in 7.2.1.5? I have assumed you must put leaders with a decent skill level of 50 points or more for the things to work.
jcjordan

Post by jcjordan »

ORIGINAL: Yaab

Point was that any random leader created by the program would have crappy stats from a LTJG commanding a PT boat to a theater HQ commander hence why you see such low skills for him. If the leader was created by the DBB group then they might need to revisit his ratings.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”