Tutorial text

Scourge of War is the definitive American Civil War grand tactical wargame of this generation. With impressive 3D graphics, an award-winning AI, pausable real-time play, historical battlefield terrain and orders of battle down to the regiment and battery level, Scourge of War captures the tactical challenges that faced the real Union and Confederate commanders more than 130 years ago.

This forum covers the main game Gettysburg and its two expansions Antietam, Pipe Creek, and Chancellorsville!

Moderator: MOD_ScourgeofWar

EagleMountainDK

Tutorial text

Post by EagleMountainDK »

Hi,

I'm on tutorial 4, the cavalry tutorial and there is a lot of text and info that I need to take in. But closing the dialog loses the text so I'm wondering if the text is available somewhere in the games files and could be printed or put into a pdf file for viewing on my iPad/second screen?

Thanks in advance
Mark
RebBugler

RE: Tutorial text

Post by RebBugler »

ORIGINAL: Cougar_DK

Hi,

I'm on tutorial 4, the cavalry tutorial and there is a lot of text and info that I need to take in. But closing the dialog loses the text so I'm wondering if the text is available somewhere in the games files and could be printed or put into a pdf file for viewing on my iPad/second screen?

Thanks in advance
Mark

I'll relay this requst.
Designer - Scourge of War
kkomisarcik

Post by kkomisarcik »

Do you mean this?

Mounted cavalry is a powerful force on the battlefield, and when used correctly, will lead to many victories. Correct use of cavalry during engagements include:

-Limiting galloping (run), maintain as fresh a fatigue level as possible

-Maintain and control engagement distance: Due to the aggressive nature of cavalry, when not fatigued (Tired), they will automatically charge any enemy unit within 100 yards.

-Control pursuit: If a mounted charge is successful, the enemy will retreat, and pursuit will result. Pursuit will continue until the fatigue level 'Tired' is reached. At this point, dismount and fire will follow. To keep units from pursuing too deep into enemy lines, a manual 'Retreat' or 'Getaway' is optional.
Dismounted cavalry is quite the opposite. Characteristics include:

-Retreat when within 75 yards of the enemy and avoid melees in most cases. This is because they lack bayonets and sabers. When melees are forced, they use their weapons as clubs.

-No charge capabilities, charge is gone from the toolbar
-No cavalry screening capabilities, these are also gone from the toolbar
-Strength number does not change because they stay dismounted
-When dismounted on the brigade level, single lines will be the default.
Secession is futile.
EagleMountainDK

ORIGINAL: MarchingThruGeorgia

Do you mean this?

Mounted cavalry is a powerful force on the battlefield, and when used correctly, will lead to many victories. Correct use of cavalry during engagements include:

-Limiting galloping (run), maintain as fresh a fatigue level as possible

-Maintain and control engagement distance: Due to the aggressive nature of cavalry, when not fatigued (Tired), they will automatically charge any enemy unit within 100 yards.

-Control pursuit: If a mounted charge is successful, the enemy will retreat, and pursuit will result. Pursuit will continue until the fatigue level 'Tired' is reached. At this point, dismount and fire will follow. To keep units from pursuing too deep into enemy lines, a manual 'Retreat' or 'Getaway' is optional.
Dismounted cavalry is quite the opposite. Characteristics include:

-Retreat when within 75 yards of the enemy and avoid melees in most cases. This is because they lack bayonets and sabers. When melees are forced, they use their weapons as clubs.

-No charge capabilities, charge is gone from the toolbar
-No cavalry screening capabilities, these are also gone from the toolbar
-Strength number does not change because they stay dismounted
-When dismounted on the brigade level, single lines will be the default.

Yes [&o]

Is is freely available in a file or something?
RebBugler

Post by RebBugler »

Yes, in the SDK/Test/Sowdoc file...a rather raw text form. The SDK is available for DL separately.
Designer - Scourge of War
EagleMountainDK

ORIGINAL: RebBugler

Yes, in the SDK/Test/Sowdoc file...a rather raw text form. The SDK is available for DL separately.

Thanks,

I will try it out[:)]

Return to “Scourge of War Gettysburg Series”