Sevastopol Supply

The development team behind the award-winning games Decisive Campaigns: From Warsaw To Paris and Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive year and theater of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue simulates the German drive to Stalingrad and into the Caucasus of the summer of 1942, as well as its May preludes (2nd Kharkov offensive, Operation Trappenjagd) and also the Soviet winter counter-offensive (Operation Uranus) that ended with the encirclement of 6th Army in Stalingrad and the destruction of the axis minor armies. With many improvements including the PBEM++ system, this is a release to watch for wargamers!

Moderator: Vic

Iñaki Harrizabalagatar

Sevastopol Supply

Post by Iñaki Harrizabalagatar »

I understand Russians receive supply from Sevastopol, is there a way to interdict that source of Supply?
LiquidSky

RE: Sevastopol Supply

Post by LiquidSky »

Interdicting supply to sevestopol is trivial...the luftwaffe automatically sinks supply points they can reach along the supply trail. All you have to do is wait for the effects of being out of supply to kick in.

Because it is so trivial, I turned on the hardcore supply rule, and wrote an event that automatically puts 300 supply in sevastopol. As a result, the city still fell to my rumanians, but it was a bloodier battle, and took until June 1, instead of May 20th. I may up it to 500 for the next game.
“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
shrek

Post by shrek »

Sorry for the noob question, but what is the hardcore supply rule? Is it different than the limited/unlimited oil option?

Thanks in advance.
LiquidSky

Post by LiquidSky »

In the editor there is a slew of rules you can adjust for a game. One of them is a supply rule. The game default has all supply start at and flow from STAVKA/OKH to the unit directly. The 'hardcore' setting has supply flow from STAVKA->FRONT HQ->ARMY HQ->Unit. But the calculations for each HQ in game add a minute or two to the end of turn. Note this has nothing to do with the oil/limited oil rule on the settings page.

“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
shrek

Post by shrek »

Great, thanks. Is it correct that if the air units use up their APs during their own turn they won't be able to interdict shipping or other air units during the opponent's turn?
LiquidSky

Post by LiquidSky »

It seems to me that they do way better if I do nothing with them....which implies that more AP's means more interdiction of sea supply. I havent noticed if that also affects my fighters on intercept or not, but then my opponent is fearful of flying any air attacks as he claims my air is brutal.
Vic

Post by Vic »

The way to prevent the Luftwaffe from sinking the supplies is to have soviet fighter units covering the naval supply line with intercept ON and enough readiness left at the start of your next turn to actually make the intercept setting readiness limit for their unit.

The way for the axis to disable this strategy is to do attack soviet airfields and units and causing these fighters to fight for air supremacy and making them lose enough readiness they can no longer have the readiness (at least 25% at lowest intercept setting) to protect the naval supply lanes.

Best,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

Another example of the depth of this game and the great big brain of Vic! I am still impressed even after playing it for so many weeks.
WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue”