Hardcore Production/Supply Mod

Discuss and post your mods and scenarios here for others to download.

Moderator: Vic

Tac2i

Hardcore Production/Supply Mod

Post by Tac2i »

This mod changes how production is routed to HQs. It is built into ATG but turned off by default as it requires micromanagement of production and supply. Production will only arrive at a HQ in the town where it is produced. You cannot set a town to send its supply/PP/unit production to a distance HQ. Trains, trucks and cargo ships will become more important. Note that this rule only affects human players, it does not affect the AI. I've not played with "hardcore" production in effect so I can't speak to how good/fun a game it makes.

UPDATE: I've played about 15 turns with this mod. Personally, I don't care for it. Having to build an HQ in every city and factory is just too much work. Not fun for me. So just consider this Mod a gift to those who like micromanagement.

UPDATE (10/10/12): I've continued to play this hardcore Production/Supply mod. While I still don't care for all the HQs I must create, it definitely makes you work harder to defeat the AI. If you are already having difficulty doing that, then this mod isn't for you. I also learned that if you capture an enemy city and produce PPs with it, then you need an HQ in that city to receive that production. For some reason I was thinking it was a pool resource like raw and oil. It isn't.

V2.12 Versions

Note: If you want to play the Hardcore Supply NATO versions, then you must have the NATO Counters Mod installed.

Right click on the below link of your choice and choose "Save As" (IE users) or "Save Link As" (other browsers). Save the file to your c:\Matrix Games\Advanced Tactics Gold\atgoldscenarios folder.

Standard Unit Counter Hardcore Mod
Standard Unit Counter Hardcore Mod (AltGfx Map)
Standard Unit Counter Hardcore Mod (Officers)
NATO Unit Counter Hardcore Mod
NATO Unit Counter Hardcore Mod (AltGrx Map)
NATO Unit Counter Hardcore Mod (Officers)

TO USE: There are no menus or buttons to launch these. To use, open the "Make Random Game..." screen, click on the button just beneath "Deserted Lands" and then select the file to base your random game on.

v2.11 Standard Unit Counter Hardcore Mod

Right click on the above link of your choice and choose "Save As" (IE users) or "Save Link As" (other browsers). Save the file to your c:\Matrix Games\Advanced Tactics Gold\atgoldscenarios folder.

TO USE: On the "Make Random Scenario Gold" screen, click on the button just beneath "Deserted Lands" and then select the file to make your random game.

NATO Unit Counter Hardcore Mod

Note: This is not the full NATO Counters Mod. You would need to install it to get the Main Screen buttons for creating standard NATO Counters random games.

Using the above method, save this file to a location of your choice and then use the "Install Zip/File" to install the atgNatoHardCore211.atzip file

If you already have the NATO Counters Mod installed, you simply copy the below file to the atgoldscenarios folder.

v2.11 Nato Unit Counter Hardcore Mod

There is no button or menu to select the file to create your game. You use the "TO USE" procedure above to make use of it.

For you editor users, it is rulevar(312) that controls this: 0 = off, 1 = on
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
ghoward

RE: Hardcore Production/Supply Mod

Post by ghoward »

this is great news for me. Thank you, I didnt know this existed in atg. if you use the nato pt version without the nato graphics available will the world end?
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

Not to rain on anyone's parade BUT Trains, cargo ships and trucks are already IMPORTANT. Even if you send production to centralized hqs. One still has to get that production to where the units are needed.

All decentralized production does is force you to make trucks trains and cargo ships in every city. A major WASTE of time and production. And with raw and oil enabled and factories an even bigger problem. I mean if you are so good that you waste AI max every time no matter the settings I guess giving them another advantage and crippling your production makes sense.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Fixed... see original post.
ORIGINAL: barerabbit

this is great news for me. Thank you, I didnt know this existed in atg. if you use the nato pt version without the nato graphics available will the world end?
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Jafele

Post by Jafele »

Thanks Roy!! It was very useful. IMO it´s a politically incorrect MOD cos it´s "against" the human player [:D]. Being sincere, AI needs some advantage... Just to say the same rule applies to units bought in factories.

PS: I was playing yesterday, it´s not difficult. I consider Vic could patch it for the next update.
Las batallas contra las mujeres son las únicas que se ganan huyendo.

NAPOLEÓN BONAPARTE

Cuando el necio oye la verdad se carcajea, porque si no lo hiciera la verdad no sería la verdad.

LAO TSE
CSO_Talorgan

Post by CSO_Talorgan »

ORIGINAL: Twotribes

All decentralized production does is force you to make trucks trains and cargo ships in every city.

So this is not going to give us convoy battles?
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

The route that cargo, supply, troops, travel over the water is intercept-able in game but not by you finding the ships. ANTI SUPPLY i believe it is called. Covers land too or can. Basically if you place ships over or ear the routes used to funnel supply and transfer units you will kill some and even kill some cargo ships, depending on the mod.

If you want to intercept troop carrying ships that actually move on the map you have to find them with your ships or aircraft and attack them.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
CSO_Talorgan

Post by CSO_Talorgan »

The route that cargo, supply, troops, travel over the water is intercept-able in game but not by you finding the ships. ANTI SUPPLY i believe it is called. Covers land too or can. Basically if you place ships over or ear the routes used to funnel supply and transfer units you will kill some and even kill some cargo ships, depending on the mod.

I know.

If you want to intercept troop carrying ships that actually move on the map you have to find them with your ships or aircraft and attack them.

... but I want to intercept supply carrying ships that actually move on the map, not to mention supply carrying trains, lorries, mules and Vietnamese bicycle porters.

[;)]
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

If you want to add hardcore supply to the current version of ATG, do the following:

Open at2 file in the editor: it is rulevar(312) that controls this: 0 = off, 1 = on. Make the change and save with an appropriate filename.

I don't intend to publish the Hardcore Supply modded files anymore. If there is a way to add an on/off button to the UI for this function, I'm not aware of it. Perhaps a card could be created to turn this feature on.

Tac2i (formerly webizen)
CSO_Talorgan

Post by CSO_Talorgan »

Misunderstanding, sorry!

I meant all the mod options which appear on the start screen. If they are giving me pause for thought, what are they doing to new players?
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

I'm supposing you are speaking about the options on this screen: modified main screen. I don't think it all that difficult. If one hasn't installed my NATO version of Lancer's mod, all you have is a standard and NATO version of each of the game options Vic has included (standard, Alternate Graphics and officers). Frankly, the Alt Graphics game probably should be removed from ATG. If one has installed Lancer's Enhanced Mod Suite (and my NATO version of it), then I'm going to assume they know what it is and are interested in playing it. In this case I think the modified screen is actually helpful to a new player as there is a button to launch Lancer's mod. Otherwise, a player would have to do so manually.

Lastly, if the someone thinks the main screen is a bit crowded, I'd advise they install the mod using the menu system option. After their selection, they would see this screen reflecting the choice they made.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
CSO_Talorgan

Post by CSO_Talorgan »

OK

Maybe in the future there will be an options screen a bit like the one there is now for setting up a random game.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”