Tech Support

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

RangerX3X

Tech Support

Post by RangerX3X »

I recently purchased a new PC and wanted to install some games on it that I bought from Matrix awhile back, namely Conquest of the Aegean, Battles from the Bulge and the expansion pack, Highway to the Reich.

These games were purchased with the boxed edition so that I could have them handy for just such a situation, however they were in storage and not easily accessible to me. Eager to play these games on my new rig, I found the original emails with the links and attempted to download them again.

Unfortunately those links had expired. I did a quick search of the Matrix tech support information at the following link and was referred to Plimus. I fired off a quick email and received a response the next morning indicating that they were unable to assist me.

I then contacted Matrix support and received a prompt response from a Christian Bassani from Slitherine Ltd / Matrix Games who apologized for the response from Plimus and more importantly provided me with exactly what I needed, the download links and keys for the games that I had purchased.

My collection of games includes shooters, racers, action games, etc. and very few war games. However it is the war game developers and distributors who are at the forefront of customer service. Albeit the initial hiccup with Plimus, my inquiry was totally resolved within 48 hours. It would be total folly for me to even expect something like that from a company like EA Games.

So I just wanted to drop a note and express my appreciation for the professionalism and expediency of the support staff that services these games as it is first rate.

budd

RE: Tech Support

Post by budd »

Bravo, that's one of the reasons i spend my money here.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
radic202

Post by radic202 »

ORIGINAL: **budd**

Bravo, that's one of the reasons i spend my money here.

Same Here!

I had a computer crash over a year ago and sent an email to Tech Support and within 24 hours they had re-linked me with my games plus suggested how I should back them up (which I have) if it ever happened again.

Good Customer Service is hard to find these days!
It is much harder to think about doing something than actually doing it!
Scott Parrino

Post by Scott Parrino »

Christian is a great guy, and its great to see him getting some kind words! I'll be sure to let him know of his efforts!
Scott Parrino
Public Relations Manager
Slitherine/Matrix Games
Follow us on Twitter and on Facebook!
mrensing

Post by mrensing »

Can't say I had as good of an experience. I have two of my older games I am trying to play (EIA and GOA) and can't seem to do so. After about two weeks of back and forth with Christian he more or less shrugged his shoulders and told me to post in tech support to see if anyone could help. Two weeks later and 0 replies. Looks like I'm just SOL for playing my games. Not happy...but can't exactly blame Christian either, he tried.
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

He helped me get all my purchases back except WitPAE unfortunatley.
budd

Post by budd »

Seems to me i remember matrix saying everything from the old purchases from digital river would be migrated over and available for redownload at sometime in the future. Wonder if this is still on the agenda?
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
Rtwfreak

Post by Rtwfreak »

Yep you can't beat the customer service here. Now if Western Civilization developers would just get on that Ancients campaign game we'd have a total customer service winner here.
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

ORIGINAL: **budd**

Seems to me i remember matrix saying everything from the old purchases from digital river would be migrated over and available for redownload at sometime in the future. Wonder if this is still on the agenda?
i called DR and they said they have no record of me or my many purchases
Rtwfreak

Post by Rtwfreak »

Why don't you guys register your games in the Members section? Then you don't have to worry who you bought the game from or when. You just go there and redownload your games because once they are registered there they are registered for the life of Matrixgames or you whoever dies first. Just doesn't make sense you guys not taking 5 minutes out of your lives to register your games. I'm a very organized person though. I do several things to backup my games from burning them to cd and dvds to registering and even putting the setup.exe on flash drives now. So simple, so easy nowadays just no excuse not to have some form of backups and stored cd key information. I even put those in my email files online in a folder that is specifically for cd keys. Just type the name of the game and the cd key.
SapperAstro_MatrixForum

Post by SapperAstro_MatrixForum »

Cd keys and all new games are covered, but some of the old stuff is not linked in to the 'special download area'.

After misplacing a number of my CD's with the EXE's on them, I have since started using a flash drive now.

Return to “General Discussion”